EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-14-2024, 11:42 AM   #1
Rexican
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 SSM II

F80 m3 headlight inquiry

Hi all,

I’m looking to purchase a new to me f80 m3.

The sales guy doesn’t know of it has the icon headlights.

Can someone tell me from looking at this vin?

WBS8M9C51J5J78077

Thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 12:32 PM   #2
SteveYem
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexican View Post
Hi all,

WBS8M9C51J5J78077

Thanks for the help.

Hopefully someone will fact check me on this, but my understanding is that in model year 2018 the Ikon Adaptive LED headlights came with the Executive Package option.

I searched that VIN and found this listing at Lokey VW in Clearwater. I assume this is the one you are considering?
https://www.lokey.com/used-Clearwate...8M9C51J5J78077

If the photos in the listing linked above are representative of the actual car, then it appears to me that it has the Ikon headlights. The giveaway is the 'half-hexagon' shape of the LED DRL strip. However, the listing does not mention the Executive Package, so that is worth having clarified. I would suggest having them send you a copy of the Monroney / window sticker document so you can see all of the original equipment for yourself.
Meanwhile, the images shown on the TrueCar listing appear to be more generic stock photos, but they show the non-Ikon headlights.

This is off-topic from your question, but I noticed that the car images in the Lokey VW listing show an automatic / DCT transmission, while the listing states that it is 6-Speed Manual. That's certainly a big discrepancy that you should have clarified before moving forward.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 01:05 PM   #3
alex2364
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP / 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [10.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveYem View Post
Hopefully someone will fact check me on this, but my understanding is that in model year 2018 the Ikon Adaptive LED headlights came with the Executive Package option.

I searched that VIN and found this listing at Lokey VW in Clearwater. I assume this is the one you are considering?
https://www.lokey.com/used-Clearwate...8M9C51J5J78077

If the photos in the listing linked above are representative of the actual car, then it appears to me that it has the Ikon headlights. The giveaway is the 'half-hexagon' shape of the LED DRL strip. However, the listing does not mention the Executive Package, so that is worth having clarified. I would suggest having them send you a copy of the Monroney / window sticker document so you can see all of the original equipment for yourself.
Meanwhile, the images shown on the TrueCar listing appear to be more generic stock photos, but they show the non-Ikon headlights.

This is off-topic from your question, but I noticed that the car images in the Lokey VW listing show an automatic / DCT transmission, while the listing states that it is 6-Speed Manual. That's certainly a big discrepancy that you should have clarified before moving forward.

Good luck!
It's not. That is just a generic picture and you can't base anything from it. Yes, according to M Decoder, it has S552, which is adaptive full LED lights aka IKON headlights.

Last edited by alex2364; 05-14-2024 at 05:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 01:16 PM   #4
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.70]
Quote:
Hi all,

WBS8M9C51J5J78077

Thanks for the help.
Yes, it has it.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 01:47 PM   #5
Rexican
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 SSM II

Thanks everyone. This has both the competition package and executive as it has hud and adaptive LEDs. And it’s a 6speed. Everything I’m looking for outside of the competition package.

Is 49 a decent price? Highly contemplating flying down and driving back with it.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 01:57 PM   #6
SteveYem
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Thanks everyone. This has both the competition package and executive as it has hud and adaptive LEDs. And it’s a 6speed. Everything I’m looking for outside of the competition package.

Is 49 a decent price? Highly contemplating flying down and driving back with it.

Did you have the dealer confirm that it is in fact a 6-speed manual? Reason I am harping on it is that in the Vehicle Information and Dealer Comments sections it references 6-speed manual, but in the 'Mechanical' features list it states "Automatic w/Driver Control Ride Control Sport Tuned Adaptive Suspension". I acknowledge the opinion here that the photos included on the Lokey website are generic and not this exact car, but those photos do show a DCT car so I would personally call the dealer and have them confirm it for sure.
Appreciate 0