European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-25-2018, 09:39 AM   #1
llvsixaxisvll
Enlisted Member
United_States
6
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M4 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

2015 M4 Coupe w/Standard brakes Winter Tire set up?

Hello,

Just got my first BMW M4 and am in love.

I was looking to get winter tire/wheel package options for the M4 for under $2k OTD. I found some on Tire Rack, 255/40R18 on all four corners with four 18x8 rims. But the notes say:
"BMW owner manual approves 255/40-18 and 255/35-19 front and rear fitment. Reuse OE lug hardware. For staggered setup use 245/40-18 for front with 18X8. 275/40-18 for rear with 18X9. This will maintain taller rear setup like OE."

Should I be worried with this set up? Or are there better options at this price point?

Last edited by llvsixaxisvll; 10-25-2018 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 10:17 AM   #2
scott13
Second Lieutenant
scott13's Avatar
218
Rep
298
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4 | BSM | 6MT
Join Date: May 2015
Location: New England (Boston Area)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by llvsixaxisvll View Post
Hello,

Just got my first BMW M4 and am in love.

I was looking to get winter tire/wheel package options for the M4 for under $2k OTD. I found some on Tire Rack, 255/40R18 on all four corners with four 18x8 rims. But the notes say:
"BMW owner manual approves 255/40-18 and 255/35-19 front and rear fitment. Reuse OE lug hardware. For staggered setup use 245/40-18 for front with 18X8. 275/40-18 for rear with 18X9. This will maintain taller rear setup like OE."

Should I be worried with this set up? Or are there better options at this price point?
For the last 3 years, I've been using a square setup of Blizzak LM-32 255/40R18 on Apex EC-7 18" and have been very happy. I'm not a big fan of running a staggered setup for winters...definitely a case where wider isn't necessarily better, in my opinion/experience. Can't recall exactly what I paid for that setup, but I think it was at least close to your budget.

Search around the forum, there's usually at least one or two group buy threads around this time of year.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 03:45 PM   #3
llvsixaxisvll
Enlisted Member
United_States
6
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M4 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Had no idea this was a thing. Thanks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by scott13 View Post
For the last 3 years, I've been using a square setup of Blizzak LM-32 255/40R18 on Apex EC-7 18" and have been very happy. I'm not a big fan of running a staggered setup for winters...definitely a case where wider isn't necessarily better, in my opinion/experience. Can't recall exactly what I paid for that setup, but I think it was at least close to your budget.

Search around the forum, there's usually at least one or two group buy threads around this time of year.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 04:46 PM   #4
jww///95
Lieutenant
59
Rep
444
Posts

Drives: f31xd | f80m3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: TX

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by llvsixaxisvll View Post
Had no idea this was a thing. Thanks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by scott13 View Post
For the last 3 years, I've been using a square setup of Blizzak LM-32 255/40R18 on Apex EC-7 18" and have been very happy. I'm not a big fan of running a staggered setup for winters...definitely a case where wider isn't necessarily better, in my opinion/experience. Can't recall exactly what I paid for that setup, but I think it was at least close to your budget.

Search around the forum, there's usually at least one or two group buy threads around this time of year.
The Apex winter package group buy is happening now FYI 👍
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 04:49 PM   #5
jww///95
Lieutenant
59
Rep
444
Posts

Drives: f31xd | f80m3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: TX

iTrader: (5)

► APEX | Winter Wheels & Tires Group Buy - Up to $200 OFF + Free Shipping https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1539612
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 11:55 AM   #6
danchee
First Lieutenant
60
Rep
305
Posts

Drives: 18' F80 M3 Laguna Seca Blue
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rainy City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by llvsixaxisvll View Post
Hello,

Just got my first BMW M4 and am in love.

I was looking to get winter tire/wheel package options for the M4 for under $2k OTD. I found some on Tire Rack, 255/40R18 on all four corners with four 18x8 rims. But the notes say:
"BMW owner manual approves 255/40-18 and 255/35-19 front and rear fitment. Reuse OE lug hardware. For staggered setup use 245/40-18 for front with 18X8. 275/40-18 for rear with 18X9. This will maintain taller rear setup like OE."

Should I be worried with this set up? Or are there better options at this price point?
BMW's own approved winter tire package is square 18"
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 04:59 PM   #7
SikhF80
Private First Class
16
Rep
126
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80 m3 yas marina blue
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Queens

iTrader: (0)

I got brand new winter wheels BBS SR-19 with brand new winter tires (Yokohama Ice Guard) with new TPMS, balance and shipped for $1780 from a wheel vendor on the forum
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 12:46 AM   #8
FSociety
2020 X3M/X4M Coming Soon
FSociety's Avatar
No_Country
3098
Rep
7,013
Posts

Drives: F90 M5, F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC NJ CT PA FL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SikhF80 View Post
I got brand new winter wheels BBS SR-19 with brand new winter tires (Yokohama Ice Guard) with new TPMS, balance and shipped for $1780 from a wheel vendor on the forum
Great deal
__________________
F90 M5 @BM3Tuning/Custom HCP Stage1+ 6.6s | 10.27@134 | 0-60 2.61s | 0-130: 9.8s
F97 X4MC @bmwf9xm
17 F80 M3 60-130 6.7s
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bmw m4, coupe, f82 coupe

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST