European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

01-31-2021, 05:29 PM   #1
f80range
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Sakhir Orange touch up

Hey guys, I recently picked up an m3 in sakhir orange finish and noticed a small paint chip on the front bumper. Wanted to get some recommendations of places that could touch this area up.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 06:11 PM   #2
Jbrown7403
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

I would suggest one of the Dr. Colorchip kits. My F82 is Sakhir Orange as well and I was pretty impressed with the match. Not perfect but much better.

https://www.drcolorchip.com/store/ch...r-products.php

Plenty of good YouTube tutorials out there as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 06:45 PM   #3
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

It’s important to set expectations as touch ups will never be a perfect match or be completely seamless. They serve to reduce the visibility of a chip rather than make it invisible. If you really want a seamless repair then you’ll need a respray. That being said I personally did not have good experience with the BMW touch up paint (I have MGM) so I’d avoid them. I’ve heard Dr. Colorchip is pretty good so I’d start there.

The best touch up paint if you can get it is extra color matched paint from a spray/re-spray. I had my bumper resprayed and it was a perfect match so I asked the dealer for some of the extra paint for touch ups - that’s what I use now.
      01-31-2021, 10:48 PM   #4
f80range
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
It's important to set expectations as touch ups will never be a perfect match or be completely seamless. They serve to reduce the visibility of a chip rather than make it invisible. If you really want a seamless repair then you'll need a respray. That being said I personally did not have good experience with the BMW touch up paint (I have MGM) so I'd avoid them. I've heard Dr. Colorchip is pretty good so I'd start there.

The best touch up paint if you can get it is extra color matched paint from a spray/re-spray. I had my bumper resprayed and it was a perfect match so I asked the dealer for some of the extra paint for touch ups - that's what I use now.
Appreciate the reply, any good places to get a front bumper re-spray? What sort of cost could I except for something like that. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 10:57 PM   #5
icegrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

automotivetouchup dot com hands down the best matches and options
Appreciate 0