EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

12-04-2019, 09:23 PM   #23
Docall
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 m4, 2009 Audi s5

I believe back diameter is about half inch shorter. I’m not sure how off the speedo is as I haven’t checked against gps. Ive run MDM which was very intrusive. I’m not sure if the diameter difference had an effect. Traction control totally off and the car is awesome!They are holding up great! I’ve only been out 2 days at road America, and 2 days at Road Atlanta. No fade. I have revozsport brake ducts off my base m4 that I haven’t installed yet. That’ll be a winter project. Current project is installing a set of OMP WRC carbon seats and harnesses. I hope to do a couple track days in February at COTA and Sebring.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 12:25 AM   #24
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, M4 GTS, HP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docall View Post
I believe back diameter is about half inch shorter. I’m not sure how off the speedo is as I haven’t checked against gps. Ive run MDM which was very intrusive. I’m not sure if the diameter difference had an effect. Traction control totally off and the car is awesome!They are holding up great! I’ve only been out 2 days at road America, and 2 days at Road Atlanta. No fade. I have revozsport brake ducts off my base m4 that I haven’t installed yet. That’ll be a winter project. Current project is installing a set of OMP WRC carbon seats and harnesses. I hope to do a couple track days in February at COTA and Sebring.
I just had my GTS on track for the first time a few weeks ago. I took 6 seconds off my first session vs the second session by turning mdm off. It's absolutely useless. The car performed really well though. I was having some tire issues, as has been extensively documented in numerous threads. Camber plates are a must. I also have some Recaro 2700G's mounted and OE GTS harnesses. A good seat is a mist have and they were fantastic. No movement at all so you can really focus on driving. I just snagged some AP Essex brakes so 18's are in my near future. 👍
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Gomeler500.00
      12-05-2019, 12:09 PM   #25
redrumm3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS, M3 GT4, E30 M3...

Garage List
Yes, MDM is useless on the track. Too intrusive.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 09:51 PM   #26
Docall
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienrocs View Post
I just had my GTS on track for the first time a few weeks ago. I took 6 seconds off my first session vs the second session by turning mdm off. It's absolutely useless. The car performed really well though. I was having some tire issues, as has been extensively documented in numerous threads. Camber plates are a must. I also have some Recaro 2700G's mounted and OE GTS harnesses. A good seat is a mist have and they were fantastic. No movement at all so you can really focus on driving. I just snagged some AP Essex brakes so 18's are in my near future. 👍
How’d you mount the harnesses?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 11:33 PM   #27
fanatic1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 CS

Garage List
2019 M4CS  [0.00]
Quote:

Any chance that was you at chuckwalla a couple of weeks ago?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 12:00 AM   #28
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic1 View Post
Quote:

Any chance that was you at chuckwalla a couple of weeks ago?
Yeah! That was me! Were you in my run group? (Black, I think).
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 03:13 PM   #29
fanatic1
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 M4CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeah, that was good fun!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 03:17 PM   #30
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, that was good fun!
It was a riot. First time out on track in my own car. What were you driving?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 03:21 PM   #31
fanatic1
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 M4CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Gray CS - ironically with 18” Apex - back on thread topic, ha
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Lienrocs701.00
      12-10-2019, 03:25 PM   #32
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Gray CS - ironically with 18” Apex - back on thread topic, ha
That's what I thought! I've just picked up a set of AP calipers so I can run 18's as well because your car was so quick!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 03:30 PM   #33
fanatic1
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 M4CS  [0.00]
Quote:
That's what I thought! I've just picked up a set of AP calipers so I can run 18's as well because your car was so quick!
Unbelievable BBK, so confidence inspiring. Might be the best mod ever done to heavy F8x.

Did you install it yet?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 03:41 PM   #34
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Unbelievable BBK, so confidence inspiring. Might be the best mod ever done to heavy F8x.

Did you install it yet?
Not yet. Waiting for some srf fluid to arrive. Fronts and rears are going on as soon as it shows up. I can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 06:49 PM   #35
fanatic1
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 M4CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Not yet. Waiting for some srf fluid to arrive. Fronts and rears are going on as soon as it shows up. I can't wait.
Gave up waiting for SRF to come back into stock, been out for a while. Where did you find it?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 06:50 PM   #36
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Gave up waiting for SRF to come back into stock, been out for a while. Where did you find it?
Amazon.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 06:52 PM   #37
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
i switched out the carbon stock to the Essex ap Racing. They do clear the Essex kit.
When you installed the rears, did you have to adjust the hand brake cable length at all, if you even can. I just finished install, everything bolted right up no problems but something is rubbing and the hand brake light is on.

Also, what did you do about the brake pad wear sensors?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 07:14 PM   #38
Docall
Private
Rep

Quote:
When you installed the rears, did you have to adjust the hand brake cable length at all, if you even can. I just finished install, everything bolted right up no problems but something is rubbing and the hand brake light is on.

Thank you!
Did you trim the rear dust shields? Mine were rubbing on inner hat. I had to trim them.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 07:16 PM   #39
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thank you!
Did you trim the rear dust shields? Mine were rubbing on inner hat. I had trim them.
Yeah. I trimmed them. I'll double check and make sure they didn't get bent or anything. It's the handbrake light that's weird, though.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 07:25 PM   #40
Docall
Private
Rep

I had to trim on the inside of the lip at the arrow all the way around. It was rubbing slightly on backside of hat. There was not much shield left.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 09:49 PM   #41
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I had to trim on the inside of the lip at the arrow all the way around. It was rubbing slightly on backside of hat. There was not much shield left.
Ah. Gotcha. That must be it! Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 04:48 AM   #42
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:

Thank you!
Yes, you’ll have to adjust the hand brake. It’s supposed to be to self adjusting - while moving slowly in reverse pull the hand brake...repeat a few times. This did adjust my hand brake a bit but I had to pull the hand brake all the way up to get it to engage. If this happens to you then the next step is to manually adjust the parking brake on the left and right. There’s an adjuster with a series of teeth (see link - https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ffrJVc80_rk/maxresdefault.jpg ) that you have to rotate with the tip of a flat head screw driver. You can actually adjust it with the rear rotor still on by aligning a lug bolt hole on the hub with the teeth on the adjuster.

Wear sensor cables - bundle them up and then zip tie off to a convenient location (e.g., brake line support tab, etc.).

Which brand of pads are you using? I’m using PFC 11 F and PFC 05/03 R (prefer 05 compound). FYI, the PFC 7767 pad can be modified to a PFC 7768 pad which is the pad the CP9449 caliper uses on the F8x rear brake kit (note - this applies to all pad manufacturers that make both pad shapes). The 7768 pad has a larger inner radius (shorter 42 mm radial depth) compared to the 7767 pad.
Appreciate 1
Lienrocs701.00
      12-12-2019, 10:19 AM   #43
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
Quote:

Thank you!
Yes, you'll have to adjust the hand brake. It's supposed to be to self adjusting - while moving slowly in reverse pull the hand brake...repeat a few times. This did adjust my hand brake a bit but I had to pull the hand brake all the way up to get it to engage. If this happens to you then the next step is to manually adjust the parking brake on the left and right. There's an adjuster with a series of teeth (see link - https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ffrJVc80_rk/maxresdefault.jpg ) that you have to rotate with the tip of a flat head screw driver. You can actually adjust it with the rear rotor still on by aligning a lug bolt hole on the hub with the teeth on the adjuster.

Wear sensor cables - bundle them up and then zip tie off to a convenient location (e.g., brake line support tab, etc.).

Which brand of pads are you using? I'm using PFC 11 F and PFC 05/03 R (prefer 05 compound). FYI, the PFC 7767 pad can be modified to a PFC 7768 pad which is the pad the CP9449 caliper uses on the F8x rear brake kit (note - this applies to all pad manufacturers that make both pad shapes). The 7768 pad has a larger inner radius (shorter 42 mm radial depth) compared to the 7767 pad.
Awesome! Thank you!

Ds2500's on the street and ds1.11 on track. I have see experience with either pad so I'll keep you posted how they are.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 01:25 PM   #44
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Did either the front or rear dust shields need to be trimmed when fitting the AP set up?
instead of trimming the rear shield you can just remove it altogether. It is held on with a few bolts.
That way you can leave the car 100% stock when the time comes to sell.

For the fronts it's just like the E9X: the part of the dust shield that is in your way can be removed with easily accessible bolts
Appreciate 1
fanatic11018.50