EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

10-19-2019, 09:34 PM   #45
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupé - Carbon Black

Really, what is the point in ordering any 1-way coilover kit these days?

At least with multi-way coilovers the ratio between comp and rebound are infinitely adjustable to your liking.

I do know people with 991 GT3’s that swapped out their PASM for multi-way adjustable coilovers not because there was anything wrong with the factory damper’s quality but because mainly they wanted the advantage of adjustability.

Being able to set bump and rebound independently of each other is priceless. Just switching to sport or track mode or whatever Porsche is calling it these days left them wanting independent adjustability and willing to search for an aftermarket solution.
Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 09:38 PM   #46
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Nitron coilovers don't make noise over bumps if you torque all mounting bolts down F'N tight.

Is your noise coming from the front or rear?
Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 08:05 AM   #47
FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienrocs View Post
Great write up. Did nitron recommend a ride height and alignment setting as a base line?
They did not. The photos I posted show the car at Nitron’s factory ride height setting, and I went up two turns in the front and one in the rear for ground clearance.
Appreciate 1
Lienrocs701.00
      11-13-2019, 04:25 PM   #48
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, M4 GTS, HP4

Do you remember if the bottom of the front strut, where it slides into the knuckle is threaded on? I'm trying to get a set for a GTS but the ID of the knuckle is 55mm vs 62mm. It looks like your set up has a smaller diameter below the part that slides into the knuckle, you wouldnt be able to measure that diameter, by chance? That would be mega.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 06:13 AM   #49
FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep

I can give it a shot when I get home, but for a quicker response, contact Adam at Nitron and let him know your situation. They’ve been *super* responsive to my after-sales inquiries. I’m on my phone so I can’t see your location.

Tel: +44(0)1993 849449
Fax: +44(0)1993 849482

sales @nitron.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 11:33 AM   #50
FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienrocs View Post
Do you remember if the bottom of the front strut, where it slides into the knuckle is threaded on? I'm trying to get a set for a GTS but the ID of the knuckle is 55mm vs 62mm. It looks like your set up has a smaller diameter below the part that slides into the knuckle, you wouldnt be able to measure that diameter, by chance? That would be mega.
The shock bodies are single-piece units. Yes, the fronts have a narrower part at the bottom, but the location where the knuckle clamps on is the same diameter as the stock shocks.

I bet Nitron can make what you need, though. They machine everything in the kit.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 09:54 PM   #51
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANILE8 View Post
Really, what is the point in ordering any 1-way coilover kit these days?

At least with multi-way coilovers the ratio between comp and rebound are infinitely adjustable to your liking.

I do know people with 991 GT3’s that swapped out their PASM for multi-way adjustable coilovers not because there was anything wrong with the factory damper’s quality but because mainly they wanted the advantage of adjustability.

Being able to set bump and rebound independently of each other is priceless. Just switching to sport or track mode or whatever Porsche is calling it these days left them wanting independent adjustability and willing to search for an aftermarket solution.
Some classes take a modifiers or penalty for multi adjustable coilovers. lots of single click are still two way but only one adjuster and they adjust compression and rebound together.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 01:16 PM   #52
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep

That is some very creative marketing I would suggest from suspension companies that should know better if that is what they are claiming.

If they are classing their offerings as '2-Way combined' damping (the operative word here being combined), that is a 1-way setup.

One adjuster does not equal a 2-way set-up. If the damper's valving is fixed between comp and rebound you have a 1-way system.

The whole basis for multi-way suspension is classed by the damper's capacity for independent separate adjustability.
Appreciate 2
RSXDC5707.00
mfurse182.00
      07-17-2021, 11:00 PM   #53
WarMachineM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

What about Tractive coilovers touring and RT. Can more people give reviews on them?
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2022, 10:41 PM   #54
deli333
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

ok seems like this is the sweet spot for coilovers and better than kw cs 3 way (low -high compression and rebound)

Do the clunk noises come from rear? We can switch back to factory top mounts for that I guess.

To the guys who daily with this ( if there is any ) does the car give you the feeling that you are going to break the strut towers sooner or later or it is just fine? I have kw ddc, they are ok but something gluer to the road would have made me happier.

Thanks
Appreciate 0