Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

01-31-2022, 09:36 AM   #89
Matt 335is
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SMB 50e | e92 n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
The RS3 render shown in the comparison (to an unflattering angle of the M3 btw) is strategically dark which flatters it as in the bright sun it's going to be hard to escape contrast of the vast amount of shiny black honeycomb plastic. If it looked good Audi wouldn't have to resort to dark settings for their press shots. If some of you actually like it that's great but I personally think the BMW did it better here and Audi has probably hit the wall with their big mouth grilles. It has served them well for the last 15 years but they have now taken it to the point of diminishing returns.
Well said, and of course looks are subjective, for the most part ha. I've owned 3 Audis so I'm not really a hater, they just don't appeal to me like they used to.

In regards to Audi taking a design as far as it can go, I feel like BMW reached that point as well. If you look at the f-generation M3/M4, M2CS, M5CS, M8 Comp, etc.... BMW perfected that look. It's amazing but there's not much more they can do to improve it at this point.

I'm happy to see them go in a different design direction even though it's polarizing to some. Imagine how incredible BMWs may look as they evolve and perfect this new design direction. It's going to be fun to watch.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7833.00
      01-31-2022, 09:47 AM   #90
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 335is View Post
Well said, and of course looks are subjective, for the most part ha. I've owned 3 Audis so I'm not really a hater, they just don't appeal to me like they used to.

In regards to Audi taking a design as far as it can go, I feel like BMW reached that point as well. If you look at the f-generation M3/M4, M2CS, M5CS, M8 Comp, etc.... BMW perfected that look. It's amazing but there's not much more they can do to improve it at this point.

I'm happy to see them go in a different design direction even though it's polarizing to some. Imagine how incredible BMWs may look as they evolve and perfect this new design direction. It's going to be fun to watch.
That is 100% correct. Also look at Mercedes struggling to give their new models any sort of visual identity. It’s basically an army of visual clones at this point. The W206 C-class looks like a light facelift of W205.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2