Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

05-27-2021, 10:21 AM   #1
richvalleykid
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw m4

LED to Xenon

So I recently went from LED adaptive to Xenon , I know most of you probably disagree with this but moving on , my Xenon bulb won't turn off even when I shut off the car and it'll probably drain my battery so I disconnected them temporarily. I know this isn't a common switch but someone on a Facebook forum from the UK did the same transition and aside coding necessary when switching modules , some extra wiring he said was needed . I'm vaguely familiar with the fact that LED has two power sources and xenon has one which may be the cause to leave the electric current on even after the car has shut off. If anyone has any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated . The halos work fine on and off with the car it's just the center yellowish bulb that refuses to turn off even after I turn the car off .
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 01:50 PM   #2
TexasF80
Legend
Rep
Drives: M3, RR, S2k, X1, JK

Did you have it coded? If not...there is the issue