ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

05-03-2021, 11:17 AM   #1
CubicMeters
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

XPEL PPF shop in MD

New owner here, car is going to be outdoors so want to keep it protected and looking good.

I'm going to get either the front half + roof, or the full car in XPEL. I live in the Baltimore area and got two quotes from Proform Auto and Frontguard. The frontguard quote was like 3x the Proform auto quote. Full car was like $10k+ with Frontguard and like $3k with Proform, for reference.

I've talked to the Frontguard guy and it sounds like they have a very dialed-in process, and take their time on each car. I haven't yet had a chance to talk to the Proform people. I guess my questions are:

Anyone have any experiences to share regarding PPF or XPEL shops in general? Both shops appear on XPELs site, so I'm assuming there must be some level of similarity in their process but I could be wrong about that.

Any experience with either shop specifically?

Seems like these might be different levels/thicknesses of XPEL, is the higher end overkill? (Neither quote specified a particular XPEL version)

Just seems like a crazy difference in price given that most of these are pre-cut (I was told the hood doesn't have a pre-cut form?). I'm totally willing to shell out for better quality protection and execution, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any practical wisdom here having gone through it yourself.

Thanks, all!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 03:35 PM   #2
brocurls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mazdarati

I have full XPEL PPF on mine and it costs roughly ~7k.

I look through Google and Yelp reviews and then look at previous cars they've done to see what kind of clientele they deal with.

10k is pretty outrageous if it's just a standard XPEL, keep shopping.

DD: 2020 Mazda CrystalWhite CX-5 GT w/PP
Wife's: 2023 Audi S5 Sportback DistrictGreen Premium Plus w/Blk Optic Package
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 05:34 PM   #3
CubicMeters
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Thanks for the reply, I got a chance to speak with the other shop. His quote was a bit confusing, the "full car" quote from him was the XPEL ceramic coating, so their pricing was actually much closer than I had thought. Both shop owners advised against XPEL over the whole car, since in their view it's mostly for nick protection. The second guy recommended XPEL on front half+roof, and ceramic over the whole car, which would be mid $4k.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 08:18 PM   #4
Luc@Speed&Tech
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G80 M3 & E92 M3

We are in northern VA but if you'd like, we can give you a call to discuss the various options available. We're more experienced with M cars than any PPF shop in the area and can fully disassemble the car for cleaner installs.
Attached Images

23541 Pebble Run Place, Unit 140
Sterling, VA 20166 (Satellite shop)
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 10:39 PM   #5
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubicMeters View Post
New owner here, car is going to be outdoors so want to keep it protected and looking good.

I'm going to get either the front half + roof, or the full car in XPEL. I live in the Baltimore area and got two quotes from Proform Auto and Frontguard. The frontguard quote was like 3x the Proform auto quote. Full car was like $10k+ with Frontguard and like $3k with Proform, for reference.

I've talked to the Frontguard guy and it sounds like they have a very dialed-in process, and take their time on each car. I haven't yet had a chance to talk to the Proform people. I guess my questions are:

Anyone have any experiences to share regarding PPF or XPEL shops in general? Both shops appear on XPELs site, so I'm assuming there must be some level of similarity in their process but I could be wrong about that.

Seems like these might be different levels/thicknesses of XPEL, is the higher end overkill? (Neither quote specified a particular XPEL version)

Just seems like a crazy difference in price given that most of these are pre-cut (I was told the hood doesn't have a pre-cut form?). I'm totally willing to shell out for better quality protection and execution, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any practical wisdom here having gone through it yourself.

Thanks, all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubicMeters View Post

Thanks, all!

I live in MD and would highly recommend traveling down to see RJ & Luc in Northern Virginia. They do incredible work and their customer service is top notch. In regards to cost, they are fair & transparent…I have no doubt that you would be able to work something out.

http://www.speedandtech.com
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 06:00 PM   #6
fernisatree
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 S4 Avant, F80 M3, F31 328d

https://www.aapaintprotection.com/

Check these guys out, they do great work.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 07:59 PM   #7
k9lovr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 15' M4 and 22' X3M40i

Speed and Tech...they have done three of my cars...great work
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 08:48 PM   #8
CubicMeters
Enlisted Member
Rep