European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

07-06-2023, 02:35 PM   #1
Wtfitzvi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
Anyone using Apexbuilt Titanium Intakes & Chargepipes

I’m looking to add some bling and color to my engine bay. I’ve been looking at titanium intakes and charge pipes. Currently running black Injen intakes and they’re just too plain.

I was looking at the RK systems but everything is made to orders so lead times are about 8-10weeks.

Then I came across the Apexbuilt brand and their products look good. No wait times but not many reviews. I’m wondering if anyone on here is using any of their products.
      07-06-2023, 03:10 PM   #2
aa2033
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

I have no data to back this up, so take this with a grain of salt, but outside of RK Titanium, I'm almost positive a lot of these companies use a chinese manufacturer (you know the app, not express, but baba) and just have their own emblems welded on. If you browse through the manufacturer pictures you can see where they've blurred out images of their customers logo that they've just welded.

I've personally bought a set of the titanium charge pipes straight from the manufacturer and outside of the logo welded on the pipe, it looks exactly, and i mean exactly the same as Apex's website. From the hardware, to the pie cuts, to the welds, all the same. Some of their pictures are even the same as the manufacturers. Every hardware piece that came with mine from China, same exact as apex. Meth bungs, the same. They provide a very skinny O ring for the J pipe, same one in Apex's pictures (it's too thin by the way)

You can ask for a test piece, and they're about half the cost as what they're re sold for state side. It took about 15 days for me to receive them.

Basically what I'm saying is don't pay 2x the markup, get it straight from the source. The mark up is insane.

I do have "Apex built" resonated catless downpipes. Fitment was good, they sound good. Pretty sure they aren't built in house either. The downpipes I received looked nothing like their website, and didn't have their emblem welded to the resonators like the picture. Their website states "hand assembled" in FL. I'm thinking this means the packages are put together.
Appreciate 1
HotRodM4684.00
      07-06-2023, 03:28 PM   #3
kamilbaran
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 Yas Marina M3, '17 M240i

Using the the apex built titanium charge pipes for my f80, they look great. Fitment is good although there is a minor rubbing on the hood, which the owner at Apex built when i reached out to about (forgot his name i’m sorry) told me it happens with most aftermarket CPs and recommended a little heat resistant foam pad to reduce rubbing on the hood. Overall, I have no issues with the CPs and they look great.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Sonic RR117.00
      07-19-2023, 05:25 PM   #4
HotRodM4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Garage List
  [10.00]
I seen this on YouTube recently