R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover

08-31-2018, 10:37 AM   #23
Jewson
Rep
Drives: 1991 Acura NSX '18 YMB F80

Dude I offered to take over the lease months ago, but you said someone outright purchased it and it was a done deal. I ended up getting a new '18.
Appreciate 1
rgao00730.00
      08-31-2018, 03:55 PM   #24
996ttelise
Captain
Rep
Drives: 458, GTS, Performante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewson View Post
Dude I offered to take over the lease months ago, but you said someone outright purchased it and it was a done deal. I ended up getting a new '18.
Yep, I remember. The sucks. You were legit and I have had 2 people back out or try some weird crap and last did not get approved for assumption. I would much rather sale, but will take either at this point.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 03:59 PM   #25
996ttelise
Captain
Rep

21,064 miles.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2018, 07:39 AM   #26
996ttelise
Captain
Rep

About to trade this sucker sometime next week to https://www.carlockmc.com/. I will drop to $56k and can get you set up with financing through Carlock (Rolls Royce, Bentley, Aston Martin . . . dealership) if you need financing . . . or pay cash, finance through your credit union or whatever, but I can provide financing through all major banks if you need it. I will also cover the costs of their document fee which is $795.

Lease assumption ain't gonna work as my car there will be ready in a week or two so $56k, I pay the $795 document fee, you will have access to financing and you can take assurance that you won't get ripped by some individual off the net you don't know as you will in effect be purchasing from the dealership.

Last edited by 996ttelise; 09-01-2018 at 07:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2018, 08:20 AM   #27
996ttelise
Captain
Rep

$55,795 which is essentially $55k for a $77k sticker car that is an unmolested 2017. I can provide free updated Carfax.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 09:22 PM   #28
996ttelise
Captain
Rep

Lol, is there any market for these? Be easier to sell a Ghibli than one of these. Is there any 2017 lower priced with a $77k + sticker and no accidents?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 09:43 PM   #29
speedmaster20d
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 G80 comp BG. 2018 F80(sold)

is this car manual or DCT? any pics of the interior?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 10:08 PM   #30
996ttelise
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster20d View Post
Manual. I’ll snap some tomorrow, but no interior issues at all.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 12:03 AM   #31
sdshah
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85 | Panamera GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 996ttelise View Post
Lol, is there any market for these? Be easier to sell a Ghibli than one of these. Is there any 2017 lower priced with a $77k + sticker and no accidents?
Tough times right now. Did Carmax not give you a 55k offer? Jesus
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2018, 05:05 AM   #32
996ttelise
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster20d View Post
Manual. I will snap some today. Got to clean it out first . . . Basic all black interior, full leather no issues, damage or etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 04:36 PM   #33
996ttelise
Captain
Rep

Bump . . .
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 07:36 AM   #34
996ttelise
Captain
Rep

Bump, getting some offers on Car Gurus for $50k and $51k the highest . . . Still for sale.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 09:19 AM   #35
Moneygrowsontrees
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80

You have been trading this for the past year lol ! Good luck with sale.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 11:20 AM   #36
PandaGTS
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

Really weird time to sell these cars. With the new gen coming out and dealerships trying to push out all of there 18s. Also it's a standard rather have a Dct
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 09:08 AM   #37
996ttelise
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaGTS View Post
Really weird time to sell these cars. With the new gen coming out and dealerships trying to push out all of there 18s. Also it's a standard rather have a Dct
Yup, no one will touch this things right now. I went by Carmax and tried to sell it at wholesale to 2 close friends that own high end and exotic lots. The one in Miami offered me $42k. He then got HGreg to offer me $42k as well. Carmax in Nashville offered me $42k without knowing the Miami offers and my friend in Nashville with a lot said no thanks, just cannot sell it easy enough to mess with it.

I would have taken $48k for this 2017 with a clean Carfax, but could not get that either. The values on these are tanking bad. I just purchased a 2012 997.2 GTS cab with pdk (less valuable than manual or coupe) for $70k with 31k miles. The 2012 911 is holding same % of price 7 years later than the M3 which is not even liquid below the current MMR (wholesale price). Current MMR is 44,700 for my 2017 F80 Competition Package and no one will even offer that right now for a perfect car.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 09:29 AM   #38
icegrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

nOBoDY wILl TOuCh tHeeSE tHIngS

🤦*♂️
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 09:19 AM   #39
996ttelise
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by icegrill View Post
nOBoDY wILl TOuCh tHeeSE tHIngS

��*♂️
Obviously compensating for little man, Barney Fife. nerd syndrome. Typing from an iPhone has its hazards and your interpretation was not what I intended to type.

F80: This real hard before leasing or purchase one

The fact remains that the F80 is a pitiful car that depreciates like a rock and BMW is a pitiful company with a horrendous dealer network. Those that like it apparently just have not dealt with anything high-end or are coming from something like Ford or Chevy.

I tried to dump this POS for almost 2 years. Once, I had someone willing to assume, but I got stuck with it due to the stop sale BMW placed on the car for the drive shaft recall. That stop sale lasted about 6 months because BMW didn't have a non-defective drive shaft to replace the defective drive shaft. After an inability to trade or even dump the POS 5 months later at a Carmax, I then began calling BMW NA. Later I just threatened to file a class action (I am a class action lawyer) if they could not get the recall performed and stop sale listed so I could sell the car. Shortly thereafter, they finally had a non-defective driveshaft available.. At this point, the F80 market had tanked even worse. During this stop sale, I actually had to sell another car I really liked to get reduce my DTI for the purchase of an investment property.

RE: For those of you leasing

Have fun on lease turn in. Seems like they are nickel and diming me to death on lease turn-in all of which I would never have had to incur but for the BMW NA stop sale that drug on for months. Lesson learned. Gave BMW a shot. Never again.

RE: Dealer Network

Welcome to high-volume treat you like the herd purchasing the majority of the cheap arse cars and over worked service departments. Several times I called to see if dealer could: (1) provide me with a pay off amount as BMW financial would not during the stop sale; and (2) check status of drive shaft recall and when new part was coming out. No-one other than the receptionist would ever answer the phone. Service department would not answer. No one in sales or finance side would answer. I called and called and called and kept getting voice mails.

On several occasions, I just dropped what I was doing and drove 30 minutes one-way to the dealership to speak someone because no one would answer the phone. I arrived both times and the place was dead. Everyone was just standing around. The receptionist was very apologetic and said she knew they were horrible at picking up the phone and it happens all the time.

Last edited by 996ttelise; 12-15-2019 at 09:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 03:06 PM   #40
BlueberryM3
Supreme Leader
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 996ttelise View Post
Obviously compensating for little man, Barney Fife. nerd syndrome. Typing from an iPhone has its hazards and your interpretation was not what I intended to type.

F80: This real hard before leasing or purchase one

The fact remains that the F80 is a pitiful car that depreciates like a rock and BMW is a pitiful company with a horrendous dealer network. Those that like it apparently just have not dealt with anything high-end or are coming from something like Ford or Chevy.

I tried to dump this POS for almost 2 years. Once, I had someone willing to assume, but I got stuck with it due to the stop sale BMW placed on the car for the drive shaft recall. That stop sale lasted about 6 months because BMW didn't have a non-defective drive shaft to replace the defective drive shaft. After an inability to trade or even dump the POS 5 months later at a Carmax, I then began calling BMW NA. Later I just threatened to file a class action (I am a class action lawyer) if they could not get the recall performed and stop sale listed so I could sell the car. Shortly thereafter, they finally had a non-defective driveshaft available.. At this point, the F80 market had tanked even worse. During this stop sale, I actually had to sell another car I really liked to get reduce my DTI for the purchase of an investment property.

RE: For those of you leasing

Have fun on lease turn in. Seems like they are nickel and diming me to death on lease turn-in all of which I would never have had to incur but for the BMW NA stop sale that drug on for months. Lesson learned. Gave BMW a shot. Never again.

RE: Dealer Network

Welcome to high-volume treat you like the herd purchasing the majority of the cheap arse cars and over worked service departments. Several times I called to see if dealer could: (1) provide me with a pay off amount as BMW financial would not during the stop sale; and (2) check status of drive shaft recall and when new part was coming out. No-one other than the receptionist would ever answer the phone. Service department would not answer. No one in sales or finance side would answer. I called and called and called and kept getting voice mails.

On several occasions, I just dropped what I was doing and drove 30 minutes one-way to the dealership to speak someone because no one would answer the phone. I arrived both times and the place was dead. Everyone was just standing around. The receptionist was very apologetic and said she knew they were horrible at picking up the phone and it happens all the time.

Not sure if you've already sold your f80 or not, but if you haven't, how do you expect someone to buy this car off of you with all your whining and complaining? What makes you think someone would want to deal with you?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 03:37 PM   #41
996ttelise
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by molinab297 View Post
Not sure if you've already sold your f80 or not, but if you haven't, how do you expect someone to buy this car off of you with all your whining and complaining? What makes you think someone would want to deal with you?
Lol, fair point on here, but no whining and complaining when I had it listed on Gurus and Cars.com for over a year at super low prices.

I sold 3 911s and a 458 in the last 2 years no problems and for virtually the same price as I paid for all 3 of them. Granted they were used, but the F8X resale market sucks as does the car as does BMW service in general.

If your happy with it, probably just don't know any better or have zero experience with decent cars or a company that has good service and a good dealer network. Perhaps I am spoiled dealing with better brands that provides better service and has more dependable, higher quality cars.

The crazy thing is I had a much better ownership experience with my RCF and actually liked the RCF better as a daily driver than the F80. The F80 is the only car I have had in the last 25+ years that I truly could not stand and the very first time I have been disappointed with customer service at the dealer and manufacturer level which I had to go to for the driveshaft issue.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 03:53 PM   #42
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

I can appreciate your disdain for the customer service with BMW. However it doesn’t seem like the car had a serious problem that made it unable to be driven. I had a 2017 NSX which was the biggest POS I ever owned. It took ten months to get it surrendered via the Lemon Law. If you think BMW is bad, well Acura may as well be deaf and blind when it comes to customer service.