ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-19-2020, 07:39 AM   #1
sna66
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83

Solved: Clicking from wheels

This can happen if you use extended lugs without spacers.

Posting here incase someone runs into this issue. I'm currently running 12 mm spacers all around with extended lugs. I was getting vibration after 70 mph so I decided to take the spacers off. I cleaned the rust off the hubs with a drill and steel brush and reinstalled and torqued the wheels to 105. I then did some bolt on mods - charge pipe and intake. I went for a test drive and kept hearing this clicking sound when driving. I pinned it down to coming from the rear wheels and when the car was moving, even if I took my foot off the gas. So I figured that I messed up the hubs during cleaning, or it may be due to using the extended lugs without the spacers.

I put the spacers back on, I put the ones that were in the front in the back and made sure to tighten then as much as possible while in the air, then torqued then after I put the car down, and I'm not getting anymore vibration, I think it was due to a bad install and cleaning the hubs and torquing the bolts properly took care of it.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 09:26 AM   #2
behindthen0thing
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

when did you hear the clicking sound?
Appreciate 0