Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

06-13-2021, 03:49 PM   #1
M4_castro
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw m4

Help ! Dct making a double downshift sound!!

Has anyone experienced a problem where the car would make a double downshift noise from 3rd to second even though it's only downshifting 1 time ? Seems like a hesitation with rev matching where it feels as if it's miscalculating it and having to rev match again . Pls help if anyone has encountered the same problem !!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 05:06 PM   #2
M4_castro
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 05:22 PM   #3
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

Need more info like the ones below:

Engine Mode: Efficient, Sport, Sport+
DCT Mode: D, S, Manual
DriveLogic Level: I, II, III
Engine Tune: Stock, OTS, Custom
DCT Calibration: Stock, GTS/CS, xHP
Clutchpack: Stock, Aftermarket

This happened to me earlier while crusing at 25mph to warm up the car. Engine was in Efficient, Transmission set to Manual with DriveLogic II. Other mods are xHP Stage 3 (v.12) with Dodson Sportsman clutchpack.

Issue: Coming into a slow rolling stop, the transmission went from 3rd to 2nd, then went into 1st as soon as I started to accelerate.

Fix attempt: Re-flashed xHP v1.2 with Stock ShiftMaps; will need to continue to observe for recurring shift behavior.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 05:28 PM   #4
M4_castro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedPiston View Post
Need more info like the ones below:

Engine Mode: Efficient, Sport, Sport+
DCT Mode: D, S, Manual
Engine Tune: Stock, OTS, Custom
DCT Calibration: Stock, GTS/CS, xHP
Clutchpack: Stock, Aftermarket

This happened to me earlier while crusing at 25mph to warm up the car. Engine was in Efficient, Transmission set to Manual with DriveLogic II. Other mods are xHP Stage 3 (v.12) with Dodson Sportsman clutchpack.

Issue: Coming into a slow rolling stop, the transmission went from 3rd to 2nd, then went into 1st as soon as I started to accelerate.

Fix attempt: Re-flashed xHP v1.2 with Stock ShiftMaps; will need to continue to observe for recurring shift behavior.
This is when it occurs , car seems 100% fine when letting car shift automatic . Also noticing the clutch loses the gear and then catches it when I shift again . So weird because the car hasn't been pushed which is why I'm trying to cancel out the clutches being bad .

Engine Mode: Sport+
DCT Mode: Manual
Engine Tune: OTS
DCT Calibration: GTS/CS
Clutchpack: Stock
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 05:30 PM   #5
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_castro View Post
This is when it occurs , car seems 100% fine when letting car shift automatic . Also noticing the clutch loses the gear and then catches it when I shift again . So weird because the car hasn't been pushed which is why I'm trying to cancel out the clutches being bad .

Engine in Sport+ will make the shift points more aggressive, so it sounds completely normal. Which DriveLogic level (I, II or III) were you using? That may further explain what happened.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 05:34 PM   #6
M4_castro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedPiston View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_castro View Post

Engine in Sport+ will make the shift points more aggressive, so it sounds completely normal. Which DriveLogic level (I, II or III) were you using? That may further explain what happened.
Happens on drivelogic I,II and III.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 05:43 PM   #7
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep

doh! sounds completely normal. My recommendation is to drive exclusively in Manual mode with DriveLogic II. It makes the DCT feel more fun and engaging... the only time I let the computer shift for me is when I'm eating on a long road trip. Otherwise, the DCT is best driven like a manual transmission less a clutch pedal.
Appreciate 0