BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

09-13-2021, 07:55 AM   #1
xc17pilot
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3

low sounding and sometimes garbled audio

I did a few searches and could not find a thread on this, please point me to it if a thread exists. MY18 M4 with HK - using either idrive or carplay audio on a phone call the person on the other side of the call says my audio is hard to hear or broken up, especially while car is moving. Stopped at a red light, it is better but still low volume. Thinking there is some active noise cancellation setting messing with the microphone? I've made sure my bluetooth volume is on full on my iphone and also tried this with another iphone, same result.

I had the car at the dealer last week, they updated all software and said they tested on an iphone 11, my is a 10, both on same IOS. Still have the same issue. My phone profile was deleted from the car and on my phone and reconnected, per the technician's recommendation. My 530i loaner worked perfect with outbound calls, so I think it is a setting on the M4.

I tried under the Tone setting to adjust the microphone volume setting (have to be on a call to do this). It is a little strange in that when adjusting the microphone volume on that page, it turns the volume indicator from grey to red, looks like it is increasing the volume, then reverts back to the same microphone volume setting.

Any help is greatly appreciated - this shouldn't be this hard to solve as it worked perfect on the loaner. Thanks in advance for any tips!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 12:58 PM   #2
xc17pilot
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3

self fixed overnight

This morning I deleted the car from phone bluetooth list and phone from idrive for the third time, it now works great (for how long?). No issues for person on other end of the call to hear me even under various levels of acceleration.

The Microphone adjustment under the Tone page lets me change the sensitivity on the fly, where yesterday it would not. I wish I had more technical solution but sometimes with all the tech in these cars I'm sure things get buffered and it takes reboots to solve.
Appreciate 0