Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

04-19-2015, 04:17 AM   #23
AIRPOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 6MT YMB M3, 1974 Corvette

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkashanchi View Post
I ordered my f80 with YMB because I believe that it looks better on the m3 rather than the m4. I love YMB but to be honest if I was getting an m4 I would not pick the color. No disrepect to anyone with a YMB m4 the color looks great on the m4 (that's how I decided on the color by seeing a YMB m4), however, I would go alpine white on the m4 instead. Just my .02
I think you might be just brainwashed by BMW to only like YMB on the M3 and SO on the M4, I ordered an M3 without even seeing the color in person, finally saw on a M4.......STUNNING but have yet to still see it on a M3. BOTTOM LINE: it is an AWESOME color but not for everyone as my wife tells me "its ok".
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 04:28 AM   #24
AIRPOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 6MT YMB M3, 1974 Corvette

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post

My personal experience...I've owned two white m3s. They always look good. I needed to see Yas in person...I did, and it's impressive. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. My issue is not wanting another black interior and for me, Silverstone isn't an option with Yas.
I am with you on the black interior as well. Are you afraid of SS because of having to take better care of it or because you think it doesn't look good? IMO it IS the interior color for YMB paint. There is also a great thread with Individual Amaro Brown as an interior, never thought that would look good but it does! The photos also have a smoking' hot model in the pictures as well

Here is the link http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1081873

Appreciate 1
      04-19-2015, 04:35 AM   #25
Mrfurious214
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mineral White M3

I had the same problem but i was between MW and YMB. MW is def nicer than AW.

The only time I have really like YMB is when piano black or carbon fiber mod's were added (grills, side vents, lip, diffuser). I haven't liked it too much with the stock chrome accents

I ended getting MW and I couldn't be happier.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 06:43 AM   #26
sameh
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Porsche 911S

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
Ymb will be M exclusive and won't be mistaken for a normal 4 series
If you want to blend in then AW is a good option
Personally like ymb as it shows off the lines and curves better in the M twins
This
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 07:15 AM   #27
arube1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: audi s5

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3Photography View Post
So I'm joining back into the M family soon and I'm stuck between Yas Marina Blue or Alpine White. Both will have black interior. I just have a few questions to the owners who currently have either color.

For YAS owners, do you feel the color will get boring sooner or later? Is it too bright? Do you hate anything about the color?

For AW owners, do you regret getting alpine white? was YAS an option?

Might pull the trigger tomorrow and I'm leaning towards the YAS but I still have a little doubt in the color.

It's an M4, not an M3.
Have you ever had a white car? In my opinion it is really difficult to keep clean....shows everything...but I have always had silver/ grays which are far less maintenance so a bit of culture shock to me...after now having a white car not sure I woukd ever get one again...also a bit bland....can't comment on the YAS though..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 07:46 AM   #28
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AY M4

If you want to stand out, go YMB... If you want to blend it then go for AW

Personally I went AY, YMB was one of three colour options I narrowed my choices to:

YMB
SO
AY

So given your choice, I would go with YMB
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 11:10 AM   #29
Trued
Trued
Sweden
Rep
Drives: Saab 9-3 AERO Convertible

Garage List
The easy hurdle is deciding on the car model. The M4 rocks in so many ways and getting the right color to match personality, ambition etc. is of course not easy. Most of the other choices have been taken care of by the M GmbH.
I was "smitten" by the YMB but with my interest in classic racing and BMW heritage the Alpine White is THE WAY to go. White BMW´s has dominated the tracks around globe for 40+ years now. The M color stripes looks so good on a white car.
The heritage does not go so well with the YMB.
A white car also has the upper hand if You get a small scuff or need a respire of a fender. Solid white makes it so much easier to look good. I bet YMB is near impossible to get perfect if som part needs to be resprayed.
I had a an incident with a kid having a tantrum throwing a stone at my car while I was inside. A rear panel needed respray. This was one week after delivery. It turned out perfect But I would have been devastated if this was on a YMB metallic paint.
      04-19-2015, 11:13 AM   #30
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRPOWER
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post

My personal experience...I've owned two white m3s. They always look good. I needed to see Yas in person...I did, and it's impressive. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. My issue is not wanting another black interior and for me, Silverstone isn't an option with Yas.
I am with you on the black interior as well. Are you afraid of SS because of having to take better care of it or because you think it doesn't look good? IMO it IS the interior color for YMB paint. There is also a great thread with Individual Amaro Brown as an interior, never thought that would look good but it does! The photos also have a smoking' hot model in the pictures as well

Here is the link http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1081873
Yes, if I order Yas it would be with amaro or maybe even sahkir (gasp)! But I just don't like Silverstone interior, no offense to those who do, it's just not for me. It's a veryyyyy light gray, care is definitely a concern yes.
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 11:31 AM   #31
mc3456
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio

Garage List
I have Alpine White. My first white car and have zero regrets. It looks much better in person, especially with Black 19" wheels.

Personally, I don't like Yas Marina Blue. Sakir Orange is my favorite but that is off the table for now. Tanzanite Blue would be my next choice.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 03:34 PM   #32
MKParris
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc3456 View Post
I have Alpine White. My first white car and have zero regrets. It looks much better in person, especially with Black 19" wheels.

Personally, I don't like Yas Marina Blue. Sakir Orange is my favorite but that is off the table for now. Tanzanite Blue would be my next choice.
you basically described my M3 color experience.
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2015, 03:47 PM   #33
chillindrdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWA View Post

Personally I went AY, YMB was one of three colour options I narrowed my choices to:

YMB
SO
AY
you really think YMB stands out more than AY???

both are unique colors for sure, but AY can look almost gold in certain ambient light. to me, that stands out far more.
      04-19-2015, 04:02 PM   #34
X2Board
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: I'm back, bitches! '13 E92 ZCP

I had to make the same decision, even started a thread about it. In the end, I went YMB, and I am very happy that I did. Color choice is such a personal decision, that you really have to decide on your own. With that said! Go Yas!
2011 Sapphire Black/Black E70 X5 M - Gone.
2010 Jerez Black/Black E90 M3 DCT -Gone-
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 07:02 PM   #35
Thrak
Private
Rep
Drives: YMB/SO M4

I went YMB over a SO interior, and have received numerous compliments. A few friends who had seen pictures first were impressed by how good it looked in person. A guy at the car wash today asked if I had it custom painted in that color because he had never seen a color like it before. Definitely no regrets here.
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2015, 07:34 PM   #36
heart_doctor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3Photography
So I'm joining back into the M family soon and I'm stuck between Yas Marina Blue or Alpine White. Both will have black interior. I just have a few questions to the owners who currently have either color.

For YAS owners, do you feel the color will get boring sooner or later? Is it too bright? Do you hate anything about the color?

Might pull the trigger tomorrow and I'm leaning towards the YAS but I still have a little doubt in the color.

It's an M4, not an M3.
I have a alpine white e92 m3 with black interior. I love it. I did see a M4 with silverstone on YMB and I have to say it looked really nice. I would try and see both in person and decide then. Get what you like.

I'm leaning towards Austin yellow when I pull the trigger on an M4 .....
      04-19-2015, 08:54 PM   #37
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

If you want to be stealthy and fly under the radar go white. If you need to be the center of attention, go blue. I love a blisteringly fast car to be understated and reserved looking.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 08:55 PM   #38
smedin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 6MT

I have YAS, and I love it more each and every day. I shit you not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3Photography View Post

It's an M4, not an M3.
      04-19-2015, 09:41 PM   #39
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

Get BSM. Always looks amazing.

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 09:59 PM   #40
Arcoril
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 C2S, AP2 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trued View Post
White BMW´s has dominated the tracks around globe for 40+ years now. The M color stripes looks so good on a white car.
The heritage does not go so well with the YMB.
White is always a good motorsport color since virtually every racing chassis leaves the factory in white and lots of liveries build on top of that.

However, in addition to just liking how YMB looks I think it's fitting since it's essentially the color of Bavaria and also forms the light blue stripe in the ///M logo. And even though it's not really associated with BMW, I love Gulf Racing Blue and it bears some similarity to YMB:

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 01:15 AM   #41
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AY M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillindrdude
Quote:

YMB
SO
AY
you really think YMB stands out more than AY???

both are unique colors for sure, but AY can look almost gold in certain ambient light. to me, that stands out far more.
I agree with what you said and I am now a proud owner of an AY M4

What I meant by standing out, as in it's an exclusive M Colour and will not be mistaken from the rest of the 3/4 series crowd.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 10:35 AM   #42
clubspec330i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG F39, CB F86, MB 911T

Quote:
I agree with what you said and I am now a proud owner of an AY M4

What I meant by standing out, as in it's an exclusive M Colour and will not be mistaken from the rest of the 3/4 series crowd.
I saw a girl with AY M4 down the street, it was like "WOW". My wife even compliment her on the color.

For me, YMB M3.

I sold my AW E90 in Dec for YMB F80. No regret.

Initially, I wanted AW F80. After up close review of YMB in person, my ordered F80 was YMB/Black/Black 19". Don't get me wrong I still like AW. We have 2 others AW in garages beside YMB.

Get what you want to drive and not for other to see!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 11:37 AM   #43
///bproden
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

This was my problem as well. I ended up going AW. I haven't received my car yet, but have already regretted not getting YAS. White is always safe and looks good, but like everyone is saying the exclusivity for YAS is something I wish I had already.
      04-20-2015, 11:45 AM   #44
Revcrazy
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe

For me there is only one choice for interior, and that is sakhir. With that said, Alpine White with Sakhir full and all the M performance parts IMO is just stunning.

YMB, a bit too powder blue IMO and would likely get sick of it after a month.

White will always look fresh, modern and with CF parts there isnt a better color to accentuate those.
Appreciate 0