Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-03-2020, 11:02 PM   #1
seso67.jw@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 328 xi

Down pipes.

Hey guys I'm in the market for some down pipes for my m4 but I'm trying to figure out if there's a difference between brands or if down pipes are just down pipes. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 02:51 PM   #2
keiridin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4

I was just going to put an offer out there for an even swap of my Active Autowerke downpipes for a stock set. Timing is funny like that. I'm based in South Florida, I'm not sure how shipping would work. Especially since I'll need the stocks to put on the car as the AA's come off.

Anyone interested?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 03:22 PM   #3
Detoxified
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiridin View Post
I was just going to put an offer out there for an even swap of my Active Autowerke downpipes for a stock set. Timing is funny like that. I'm based in South Florida, I'm not sure how shipping would work. Especially since I'll need the stocks to put on the car as the AA's come off.

Anyone interested?
Great deal for anyone who needs downpipes. I'd jump on these in a heartbeat but currently looking for resonated downpipes.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 03:42 PM   #4
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by seso67.jw@gmail.com View Post
Hey guys I'm in the market for some down pipes for my m4 but I'm trying to figure out if there's a difference between brands or if down pipes are just down pipes. Thoughts?
Pipes are pipes...mainly. Having flex sections, and the long pipe having a little bracket, can help with reducing vibration. Having a resonated set (see ARM) can help quell the pops or drone.
      12-04-2020, 03:53 PM   #5
Djdnav
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiridin View Post

Anyone interested?
I’ll be in MIA on the 13th if you want to trade
      12-07-2020, 07:53 AM   #6
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by seso67.jw@gmail.com View Post
Make sure the downpipe you select is proven to fit. If the pipe does not fit perfectly, it'll leak which causes a loss in power.

Some bands offer a flex section and or brackets. Performance is the same with or without, this option is meant to reduce any vibration or drone in the cabin

Catless is the loudest but also the raspiest w/ fuel smell. Catted is quieter without a fuel smell, resonated is in between the 2. Performance is the same on the stock turbos.

Some brands offer a ceramic coated finish, this is mostly for track use as it helps with heat.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0