EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-15-2018, 02:07 AM   #45
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

It's the same culprit bullies.

Saying anything about Lord BM3/associate and they are like attack dogs.

Behind the security of a keyboard the keyboard warriors feel they can say anything.

It's pathetic really. If they were paid employees I would understand. But many of them do this for nothing - which makes it all the more pathetic.

The whole point of a forum is to come and get help. Not be shot down as a troll when you have a genuine complaint or issue.
Appreciate 6
      02-15-2018, 02:51 AM   #46
F80SUPREM3
Rep
Drives: f80 M3

How am I not surprised so many people in this thread completly missed the point. Drawing conclusions weather my shop has experience, not using a secondary battery, if I was a troll ect. Saw it coming from a mile away...

For those who need closure. I have one post on here because I've been on multiple forums my whole life and I'm not concerned / have the time to post all the details of my full bolt on m3.

I clearly used this post as a way of getting PTFs attention. And it worked. The follwing day after this post the file was uploaded thanks to their rescue. Running the bm3 stage 2 with the Jb4 and my car is pulling like a f****** rocketship.
Appreciate 4
///M3_F80211.50
ceedawg466.00
Poochie9099.00
      02-15-2018, 02:53 AM   #47
F80SUPREM3
Rep
Drives: f80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everkidd View Post
I did read the thread.

First post on a new account setup to bash PTF?

Troll...
You are a fool.
Appreciate 1
ceedawg466.00
      02-15-2018, 03:08 AM   #48
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastlinks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoDivine View Post
Really? A "We'll get back to you" with a smiley face and never does means OP should not have come on here as a desperate measure? Guy was in a rental car for over 6 days and well on path to many more.

Some of you are either trolls or complete idiots.

I'm done here.
It's probably because a lot of the bm3 customers here has never had anything but instant support throughout their history with bm3.

I'd say it was just a series of unfortunate events that aligned together at the worst time. OP took his car to a newbie shop who should've had a charger on the battery. The shop didn't know how to escalate their ticket. They could've called, or maybe they did. PTF had their busiest weekend because of their OBD unlock beta release. They got flooded with hundreds of tickets and emails.

What probably irks the bm3 fans here is because this thread was really unnecessary, especially with its title because there's a lot of competition going on between tuners right now. Having a thread made by a completely new person that doesn't accurately reflect who PTF is really hurts their reputation on a basis of one unfortunate incident during the worst time possible with an experienced tuner.
The "millions" of other satisfied customers means diddly squat to this guy - who had poor service.

What irks me about the "BM3 fans" - what ever the hell that means - is that they fail to comprehend that the service on this occasion was poor.

They need to take a Valium and go take a nap.

At the end of the day it's a tuning company tuning a bloody car. That's about it. Not the Red Cross - but a tuning company.
Appreciate 7
6speeds34.00
M-Pilot4859.00
harkes1071.50
ceedawg466.00
Poochie9099.00
      02-15-2018, 04:05 AM   #49
breakfastlinks
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modaddict79 View Post
The "millions" of other satisfied customers means diddly squat to this guy - who had poor service.

What irks me about the "BM3 fans" - what ever the hell that means - is that they fail to comprehend that the service on this occasion was poor.

At the end of the day it's a tuning company tuning a bloody car. That's about it. Not the Red Cross - but a tuning company.
Why are you so triggered, you need to calm down. At the end of the day it's all people. It's a small business operated by people too. Jesus christ, go find a utopia somewhere else.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 04:35 AM   #50
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Why are you so triggered, you need to calm down. At the end of the day it's all people. It's a small business operated by people too. Jesus christ, go find a utopia somewhere else.
I'm not triggered. Just don't like being called a troll and everything else under the sun for expressing an opinion by the usual attack squad.

Service was lax - they fixed it. End of thread.

Goodbye.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 10:50 AM   #51
breakfastlinks
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
I'm not triggered. Just don't like being called a troll and everything else under the sun for expressing an opinion by the usual attack squad.

Goodbye.
No one called you a troll and no one attacked you. You concluded that yourself and started getting worked up BY yourself. I'm no advocate to any tuner here, and I was expressing what may have been a mishap due to unfortunate timing.
"Getting attention" by undercutting someone's reputation is called being a troll by the way.
Appreciate 1
Rennyk.126.50
      02-16-2018, 02:55 PM   #52
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Goodbye.
No one called you a troll and no one attacked you. You concluded that yourself and started getting worked up BY yourself. I'm no advocate to any tuner here, and I was expressing what may have been a mishap due to unfortunate timing.
"Getting attention" by undercutting someone's reputation is called being a troll by the way.
To be honest there were a large number of posts by the usual online bullies insulting me personally that have been deleted (presumably by moderators). I'm not sure why they were deleted.

So you don't have the full picture. I was referred to as a troll and then some.

This poor guy wasn't a troll by any definition. And neither am I. His issue was genuine.

My issue isn't with the company. It's with the usual culprits that bully people and turn a supposedly open forum into one where people can't express an opinion freely. In fact, these attack drones do more to tarnish this company they are so fond off, than any alleged "troll" could ever do.
Appreciate 1
ceedawg466.00
      02-16-2018, 03:24 PM   #53
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
To be honest there were a large number of posts by the usual online bullies insulting me personally that have been deleted (presumably by moderators). I'm not sure why they were deleted.

So you don't have the full picture. I was referred to as a troll and then some.

This poor guy wasn't a troll by any definition. And neither am I. His issue was genuine.

My issue isn't with the company. It's with the usual culprits that bully people and turn a supposedly open forum into one where people can't express an opinion freely. In fact, these attack drones do more to tarnish this company they are so fond off, than any alleged "troll" could ever do.
The mods deleted it because you and the other guy completely derailed the thread. At that point it had nothing to do with OP's problem.

Regardless how BM3 users post here, when you turn a thread into "me vs you" Mods will be alerted and delete your posts.

PTF and whoever installed the BM3 already corrected the issue. There is no point in continuing this thread.
      02-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #54
Acree
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Waiting...

I've been in the Dallas tuning scene for over a decade and know of every reputable tuning shop in the area. I've never heard of Cedar Performance and there's definitely no one in Dallas I would trust to tune these cars. I have BM3 running on my pure turbo f80 for over a year now and the support provided by Dzennan and Halim from PTF has been nothing short of amazing.

OP if you'd like to meet up in the area and have a good discussion regarding local shops, tuning, etc shoot me a PM.

Past
03 MB E55 AMG, 16 Grigio Medio F80 M3, 11 E92 M3, 13 BRZ, 06 Evo IX, 05 350Z
Appreciate 1
Rennyk.126.50
      03-12-2018, 02:59 PM   #55
JcLusso
i build cool shit
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Individual SMB F80 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
2016 BMW i3  [0.00]
I've bought their tune for my X5M and have an activation error and nobody has answered me after hours yet I've seen proTUNING Freaks posting on the forums. Tried dming them with no response either. Very frustrating when things don't work as they should and nobody answers any support channels including their phone, but they have time to post in their sales / marketing channels.

Current: 2018 Individual San Marino Blue M3 | 2022 BSM X5 MC
Previous: 2018 BSM X5 M
Appreciate 1
ceedawg466.00
      03-12-2018, 04:07 PM   #56
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcLusso View Post
I've bought their tune for my X5M and have an activation error and nobody has answered me after hours yet I've seen proTUNING Freaks posting on the forums. Tried dming them with no response either. Very frustrating when things don't work as they should and nobody answers any support channels including their phone, but they have time to post in their sales / marketing channels.
Hi JcLusso, apologies for the delay. It isn't anything we've done intentionally. Unfortunately you sent the initial email to sales 3 hours ago which is a lower priority queue than tech support. We got an email into tech support from you just in the last 10 minutes. The reason for the error you're seeing is that most likely your ignition is off as the screenshot you sent in shows no software IDs and you're attempting to activate. I've closed your email to sales and escalated the one in tech support and will be reaching out assist.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 04:09 PM   #57
JcLusso
i build cool shit
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
2016 BMW i3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Quote:
Hi JcLusso, apologies for the delay. It isn't anything we've done intentionally. Unfortunately you sent the initial email to sales 3 hours ago which is a lower priority queue than tech support. We got an email into tech support from you just in the last 10 minutes. The reason for the error you're seeing is that most likely your ignition is off as the screenshot you sent in shows no software IDs and you're attempting to activate. I've closed your email to sales and escalated the one in tech support and will be reaching out assist.
I saw that and resubmitted. My mistake on that part. I've got it added now! Will flash and hopefully all is smooth sailing from here!

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 04:48 PM   #58
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
I saw that and resubmitted. My mistake on that part. I've got it added now! Will flash and hopefully all is smooth sailing from here!
glad you got it sorted!
Appreciate 1
JcLusso579.00
      03-13-2018, 04:54 AM   #59
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
glad you got it sorted!
Another example of PTF's great customer support! PTF FTW
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 09:17 AM   #60
GMWNashville
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 G05, 16 F80, 10 E70x5D

Ive used their tech support several times for my own vehicle as well as customer vehicles and have nothing but great things to say about the speed of response! I think some of these people should try getting a hold of some of the other tune companies out there when they have an issue and see how that goes for them...I can tell you from experience the guys at PTF are one of the best!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #61
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC FULL HAMMAN WIDE BO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMWNashville View Post
Ive used their tech support several times for my own vehicle as well as customer vehicles and have nothing but great things to say about the speed of response! I think some of these people should try getting a hold of some of the other tune companies out there when they have an issue and see how that goes for them...I can tell you from experience the guys at PTF are one of the best!
They are as close as around the clock, these people are a little like robots 😂. Sometimes make me think they don’t even need to sleep 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 09:58 AM   #62
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

the amount of posts that get deleted in these types of threads are appalling.
Appreciate 3
drgmt984.50
harkes1071.50
      03-15-2018, 10:15 AM   #63
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
How is that allowed? I guess if you pay enough "dues" things can magically disappear. Unless something is blatantly offensive it should stay IMO
Appreciate 1
drgmt984.50
      03-15-2018, 12:30 PM   #64
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
How is that allowed? I guess if you pay enough "dues" things can magically disappear. Unless something is blatantly offensive it should stay IMO
Agree totally with this.

Try and make a relevant point about a paid sponsor and the moderators will delete it.

So much for freedom of speech lol.

Maybe I should become a paying forum customer?
Appreciate 2
      03-17-2018, 08:52 AM   #65
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Quote:
How was the OP undercutting PTFs rep I don’t get that? He definitely got a response,eventually from PTF at the expense of renting a car for 6 days waiting for a simple flash. Wouldn’t you have been frustrated as well? A troll? Wow

PTFs rep is solid,guy paid his hard earned money and he has a right to state his experience, Best thing is PTF stepped up , but it still cost the OP the price of the tune and the negative experience. The fact that PTF stepped up after a complaint even further fortifies that they are a solid company.

Last edited by ceedawg; 03-17-2018 at 03:34 PM..
Appreciate 2
drgmt984.50
BoxKing293.00
      03-19-2018, 06:34 PM   #66
JcLusso
i build cool shit
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
2016 BMW i3  [0.00]
I will say PTF support was great once I realized the mistake I made and submitted the ticket to the right place. I think they should make less support groups and categories or whatever they call it. Should just have Sales / Support with subcategories instead of multiple pages you have to click through to get in the right queue. Should be one page to choose and write your issue. Besides that hiccup the support was great and my issue was solved very quickly.

Appreciate 0