EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

06-23-2020, 02:39 AM   #1
laidler2
Rep
Drives: 18' BMW M4 competition

Bootmod3 vs Custom Remap

Hi have any of you been in similar dilemma when deciding to up power on your M4, the bootmod seems to have a great following and decent reviews online for generic maps but cant help feel that a custom tune would be safer and individual to my car. Do any of you have either one of above and give feedback for pros and cons to each.

I think im swaying more towards the bootmod at the minute based on the fact of ease of use to flash back to standard when needed and also ease of changing exhaust burbles, GTS settings etc giving these may only be gimmicks that i may never touch once i find my ideal.

I will probably be using the Perfomance centre Sunderland to carry out dyno tune if any one has feedback on them too would be great

cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 11:54 AM   #2
Lewis234
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3 Competition

You can get custom software done via BM3 at an additional cost on top of your BM3 licence. If you’re only going stage 1, the custom gains would be marginal. The generic maps that come with BM3 are proven to be very good and updated frequently. Plus they also offer good support if you have any issues as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2020, 04:29 AM   #3
JGL7
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

BM3 is the shizzle - really simple to use, the OTS CS map with transmission update has removed the frustrations I had with my non-CP 2014.
The ability to dive in and within minutes be able to change settings such as exhaust, and read and reset error codes is a god-send.
BM3 support is awesome as well.

Last edited by JGL7; 06-27-2020 at 09:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2020, 09:17 AM   #4
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP & S1000 XR

Another vote for BM3 here also.
I've had another vendors map previously on my M4.
On all my previous cars with forced induction, I'd always had a custom map done on a rolling road. They are great, no denying that.
But the flexibility & driveability provided by BM3 just can't be ignored, hence my swap to it. And let's be honest, a good custom map on a RR might give you a little more.... But at over 500hp you're really not going to notice +/- 10hp or so.
Their maps are proven, reliable & kept up to date if & when they're tweaked. And it's so reassuring that if you have to have a dealer visit (for anything non-routine anyway), you can return to stock & re-lock the DME before you visit & simply reflash in a matter of minutes when you're back home.