Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

03-16-2019, 06:14 PM   #1
DJM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Service scratched bumper

Need advice on what options are. I took my car in for service and the dealership scratched my bumper. What are my options?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 08:45 PM   #2
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Did you notice it and point it out before leaving dealership? Which dealership?
      03-16-2019, 11:29 PM   #3
DJM4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Did you notice it and point it out before leaving dealership? Which dealership?
I pointed it out to the sales advisor and he took a picture. He compared it with the pictures of the car when it came in and agreed that it happened while at the dealer under their watch. In addition, I paid for a roof dent removal and they didn't pull it out. I have to take my car back next week to see what they will do. It happened at Brahman.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 07:01 AM   #4
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Then they should fix it at no cost. Did the refuse to fix it? If service advisor refused to cover repair, I’d call service manager and explain situation, then general manager if service manager refuses. If they still refuse, I guess next step would be BMWNA.
      03-17-2019, 07:03 AM   #5
DJM4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Then they should fix it at no cost. Did the refuse to fix it? If service advisor refused to cover repair, I'd call service manager and explain situation, then general manager if service manager refuses. If they still refuse, I guess next step would be BMWNA.
They agreed to cover it. I'm just wondering what they will offer me.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 08:13 AM   #6
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Probably nothing of significance, other than fixing it and apologizing. If they fixed it before you went to pick up the car, you would have never known.

I thought the issue of the thread was that they scratched it and you had to deal with getting them to fix it. Personally, I’d be happy they took responsibility and will fix it.
ntg442888.50
      03-17-2019, 08:16 AM   #7
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Probably nothing of significance, other than fixing it and apologizing. If they fixed it before you went to pick up the car, you would have never known.

I thought the issue of the thread was that they scratched it and you had to deal with getting them to fix it. Personally, I'd be happy they took responsibility and will fix it.
Agreed, what more would you expect? They are taking responsibility and making it right.
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2019, 02:17 PM   #8
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Agreed, what more would you expect? They are taking responsibility and making it right.

sounds like someone wants some freebiesssss

imy you in chat man
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 02:18 PM   #9
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Quote:

imy you in chat man
🌈🌈bring me back in 🍆🍆
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 07:12 AM   #10
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

Quote:
Quote:

imy you in chat man
I see how he got back 🥰
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 07:46 PM   #11
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbennettksu View Post
I see how he got back 🥰

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 10:29 AM   #12
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
An MPE?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 10:05 PM   #13
projectme
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 6MT

Garage List
2022 bmw m3  [0.00]
How would you NOT expect something additional? "Taking responsibility. Making it right". LMAO. Your $80k+ car has been damaged and nothing they do can actually restore it to original factory condition. They will spot paint/blend it(any dealer body shop usually is subpar). The point is they were negligent with your car and did not treat it with the proper care it deserves. Unacceptable, even a MPE isn't going to make up for their mistake.

If you take an M car into the dealer, it should return in PRISTINE condition. OP, they should do something significantly more than fix the car.

Sold: '14 435i 6MT, Estoril Blue M-Sport, Akrapovic Exhaust, ER DP/CP/Intercooler, Injen Intake, JB4
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 12:46 AM   #14
soulcrft
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 Sakhir Orange ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM4 View Post
It happened at Brahman.
Why am I not surprised.
Sorry to hear about that but they should fix it. Just make sure they don't do a cheap fix.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 12:48 AM   #15
soulcrft
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Then they should fix it at no cost. Did the refuse to fix it? If service advisor refused to cover repair, I’d call service manager and explain situation, then general manager if service manager refuses. If they still refuse, I guess next step would be BMWNA.

BMWNA won't do anything really. They will tell you they don't get involved with independently run dealers. You can file a complaint which may help.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 12:54 AM   #16
soulcrft
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectme View Post
How would you NOT expect something additional? "Taking responsibility. Making it right". LMAO. Your $80k+ car has been damaged and nothing they do can actually restore it to original factory condition. They will spot paint/blend it(any dealer body shop usually is subpar). The point is they were negligent with your car and did not treat it with the proper care it deserves. Unacceptable, even a MPE isn't going to make up for their mistake.

If you take an M car into the dealer, it should return in PRISTINE condition. OP, they should do something significantly more than fix the car.
I completely agree with you but I learned the hard way.
I use to think the same because of the car being worth so much and expected some kind of special treatment. Boy, was I naive.

They won't give you anything else especially if they acknowledged and “fixed” it.

Maybe if you have a good relationship with them? Not sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 07:12 PM   #17
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

On second thought you're right! His car should immediately be shipped to the junkyard as it's clearly worthless and flawed now, having a scratch and all. That would mean BMW should replace his car and probably upgrade him, an M5 sounds fair.
Appreciate 1
TrevorM33321.50
      03-26-2019, 02:34 PM   #18
Ferg
Master of my own domain!!
Rep
Drives: F82 M4/F15 X5

Same thing happened to me, they fixed it and actually re-sprayed the whole front bumper (did not prep it though). You would see where the old rock chips were, but at least it covered them up some. Damage area itself was repaired great!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 07:02 PM   #19
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:

And here we have one of the biggest problems we face today. Entitlement.

Calm down.
Appreciate 1
nioh_lbbm21716.50
      03-26-2019, 08:35 PM   #20
projectme
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 6MT

Garage List
2022 bmw m3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Calm down.
You must be confused with the definition of entitlement.

The right word would be accountability on the dealers end.

Sold: '14 435i 6MT, Estoril Blue M-Sport, Akrapovic Exhaust, ER DP/CP/Intercooler, Injen Intake, JB4
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 09:12 PM   #21
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Calm down.
You must be confused with the definition of entitlement.

The right word would be accountability on the dealers end.
You speak of accountability but are saying not even a MPE would make up for it. Seriously?

The dealer acknowledged the damage was their fault and agreed to fix it and you think that's not accountability. My god the entitlement.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 09:18 PM   #22
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcrft View Post
Why am I not surprised.
Sorry to hear about that but they should fix it. Just make sure they don't do a cheap fix.

I've had my m5 serviced there, fathers m5 been there several times, no issues. They are a high volume dealer, moving tons of cars around. Shit happens unfortuntely. I wouldn't hesistate to bring them my car.
Appreciate 0