Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

02-27-2017, 12:13 PM   #23
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischiefbenz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboM
The interest rate is ALWAYS higher with owners choice. You need to do your math if you're trying to figure out the better deal while weighing in the odds of you actually buying it after a lease term.
This is incorrect. I did an owners choice in TX back in Aug. 2013 when i got my F30 335i. The dealer I got my car from would not give me the base MF on a lease. To save the deal at the 11th hour, they offered the owners choice to me. The finance interest rate was the same as the base MF for a lease at that time.
Actually, <TurboM> was correct.
The only reason you think otherwise is because your dealer was ripping you off by marking my the lease MF on you.
If you stood your ground, they would have backed of (or you would have paid base MF lease rate to another dealer). Looks like they really wanted to twist your hand to get you into "owners choice/OC" contract...

Quote:
Another reason BMW offers The Owners Choice & BMW Select programs is for ppl that would like to lease the i series models and still have them capitalize on rebates. Many of these rebates only apply for personal purchases; so buyers typically wouldn't qualify on a std. lease. With the Owners Choice & BMW Select plans, they would as the car is title in their name.
BMW NA passes through $7.5K federate "credit" on i-cars straight through to the lease customers.
There is zero additional value in OC path for i-owners. Ask me how I know...

a
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 12:57 PM   #24
mischiefbenz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboM
The interest rate is ALWAYS higher with owners choice. You need to do your math if you're trying to figure out the better deal while weighing in the odds of you actually buying it after a lease term.
This is incorrect. I did an owners choice in TX back in Aug. 2013 when i got my F30 335i. The dealer I got my car from would not give me the base MF on a lease. To save the deal at the 11th hour, they offered the owners choice to me. The finance interest rate was the same as the base MF for a lease at that time.
Actually, <TurboM> was correct.
The only reason you think otherwise is because your dealer was ripping you off by marking my the lease MF on you.
If you stood your ground, they would have backed of (or you would have paid base MF lease rate to another dealer). Looks like they really wanted to twist your hand to get you into "owners choice/OC" contract...

Quote:
Another reason BMW offers The Owners Choice & BMW Select programs is for ppl that would like to lease the i series models and still have them capitalize on rebates. Many of these rebates only apply for personal purchases; so buyers typically wouldn't qualify on a std. lease. With the Owners Choice & BMW Select plans, they would as the car is title in their name.
BMW NA passes through $7.5K federate "credit" on i-cars straight through to the lease customers.
There is zero additional value in OC path for i-owners. Ask me how I know...

a
Ok tips, looks like you know more about my deal than I do. Were you working for Autobahn BMW back in Aug. 2013?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 09:57 PM   #25
IS350
IS350 to IS-F to M3 and M4
Rep
Drives: 2015 i8

For the X5 45e, the only way to get the $7500 tax credit is through purchase, I’m thinking Owner’s choice also gives you that option, while reducing depreciation risk, since like a lease, you can turn it in when it’s time for the balloon payment, if values tanked?
Appreciate 0