ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-21-2021, 07:13 PM   #1
USSEnterprise
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 CS

FCPEuro - inventory is spotty

I ordered a set of Ferodo DS1.11s from FCP and went back to order a replacement set to take advantage of their lifetime replacement guarantee. They now no longer seem to carry those pads. Anyone with experience know how the replacement guarantee is supposed to work if they stop carrying a product you ordered from them once? i.e., you are supposed to be able to order a replacement, send your core in and they refund your original purchase. If they stop carrying the pads altogether, am I supposed to buy something else??

I also notice their inventory is randomly fluctuating - shows as available one day and rather inexplicably goes on backorder for long periods and oscillates back and forth. Kind of frustrating.

Anyone with experience with FCP?
Appreciate 1
      01-21-2021, 07:19 PM   #2
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
I ordered a set of Ferodo DS1.11s from FCP and went back to order a replacement set to take advantage of their lifetime replacement guarantee. They now no longer seem to carry those pads. Anyone with experience know how the replacement guarantee is supposed to work if they stop carrying a product you ordered from them once? i.e., you are supposed to be able to order a replacement, send your core in and they refund your original purchase. If they stop carrying the pads altogether, am I supposed to buy something else??

I also notice their inventory is randomly fluctuating - shows as available one day and rather inexplicably goes on backorder for long periods and oscillates back and forth. Kind of frustrating.

I use them all the time but I have seen items not show up anymore as you did. Its just the dice roll for it to be part of their program. I find that the more OEMish the part is, they will have it in stock and part of their program. Also those are more track oriented brake pads, have you thought of returning them and using the DS2500? Thats what I use through them for my occasional track days. Good enough for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 08:34 PM   #3
hC1001
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post

If you bought something from FCP with the lifetime warranty, you can return the product for a refund if they no longer sell it. Email them first.
Appreciate 1
      01-21-2021, 08:52 PM   #4
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hC1001 View Post
If you bought something from FCP with the lifetime warranty, you can return the product for a refund if they no longer sell it. Email them first.
That is great to know! I thought you were SOL!!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 08:02 AM   #5
White340
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp / 2022 X5 45e

Let us know how it goes. I bought wiper blades for our Mercedes and they stopped carrying the bosch icons for them. So I ended up buying another brand from them for the second set. If they switch brands again when I need my third set it would be nice to know I could just return the old ones.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 05:28 PM   #6
Dking078
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 50i

If say FCP sells you a Lemforder bushing for $100, 3 years later it's warranty time, but they only carry OEM for $150.

You can buy OEM for $150, and return your Lemforder for $100 credit. You will be out the $50. But you have to email them first for a specific form.

Or at least that's what they told me. Still in the process with this situation.
Appreciate 0