BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

12-11-2014, 01:37 PM   #23
thisaccountisdeleted
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolidated View Post
I received my Everdock yesterday and the iPhone 6 is too tall to fit on the stand and clear the dash above...not even close.
It would probably fit fine if the "cup" part of the base were half as tall. The cupholder is wide enough that you can still see the part of the screen that is below the lip.

Has anyone modified their center console and cupholder to run the cable internally?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2014, 03:23 PM   #24
diesel733
Master of one
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP IMOLA RED

CD Slot mount

This is the best and most clean one yet. Who uses the CD anymore so get this CD slot phone mount.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 09:24 PM   #25
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

Just saw this:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/28887...&materialId=25

Might be worth a try...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 05:32 PM   #26
M42N8
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ordering an M550

I like this one:

http://www.scosche.com/magic-mount-c...r-tablet-mount

Scosche Magic Mount. Uses magnets. Was also considering just putting a magnet behind the center console trim above the iDrive control so phone would just "stick" with a magnet. Would be invisible, so about as clean as you can possibly get for a way of holding your phone in place. But if you want you phone angled towards you, use the magic mount.
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2015, 08:19 PM   #27
DasMonkey
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

The Kuda is only listed for the 4 and M4, can anybody confirm if it would be the same for F80 M3?
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2015, 05:41 AM   #28
miula
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a disturbed shark!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasMonkey
The Kuda is only listed for the 4 and M4, can anybody confirm if it would be the same for F80 M3?
The M4 mount is the same as the M3, mine fit perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 10:00 PM   #29
tyler9595
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Boring

I've tried a few. The cupholder-base was too unstable for my taste...the phone wobbled all over...drove me crazy.

So, I ditched it and just mounted it like this. It's doesn't look great, but it's stable, non-invasive, inexpensive and the positioning is acceptable.

iOttie One Touch XL (XL model fits iPhone 6) Click for Amazon product page

Previous - 2010 e90 335i (N54) - BSM, 6AT, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, Hi-Fi, Nav, BMW PPK & PE, Dinan S2
Previous - 2007 e90 335i (N54) - BSM, 6AT, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, Hi-Fi

Last edited by tyler9595; 03-10-2015 at 10:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 02:16 AM   #30
mjcecil
Sometimes, I wear a cape...
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Black Sapphire

Quote:
I have an Everdock ordered, but this is as low profile as I could find for now. It works well, I touch the screen with my hand resting on the shifter. Unobtrusive and quick to remove. iOttie 3 with cupholder base.

http://www.amazon.com/iOttie-Holder-...ie+phone+mount
This is exactly the cup holder adapter I use. But my mount is an exomount touch. Seems ok, but a little creaky.

mjc
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 04:38 AM   #31
MischiMischi
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4 F82 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuspectisHatless View Post
I use this thing:
http://www.amazon.com/Kenu-Airframe-...one+holder+car

Best thing is that it keeps the phone high up and near the steering wheel, so its very visible.
I have the Kenu mount - for me it is a great and easy solution.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 07:28 AM   #32
huatian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: SS M4

Would be nice if BMW just releases the adaptor for the iPhone6, so I don't feel like I got a hole in the console for no reason.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 08:06 AM   #33
Bahn360Photo
Fitness Gene
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Garage List
2006 bmw m5  [10.00]
2016 bmw z4 35is  [7.50]
2000 bmw m5  [10.00]
2018 BMW M4  [10.00]
1987 BMW 325 Conver ...  [10.00]
i use magnetic vent mount, small, flush and functional

Effective 11 Min Home Workouts?????
No equipment?????
20 years of experience
Spartan Race winner
PROtrainer!
Click the link??
https://www.youtube.com/c/FitnessGene
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 06:21 PM   #34
bimersf33
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82

awesome just what i was looking for. thanks for the pics! really helped!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2015, 07:42 AM   #35
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: '18 GT3, Ex F80x2

I just installed the Kuda phone mount in my M3 using a Scosche magnetic "magic mount." This setup is perfect for me as the Kuda mount matches the interior and holds the phone at a perfect viewing angle for the driver (so I was able to get a flush mount magnetic mount rather than a "ball and socket" adjustable one which they also make). The magnet holds the phone firmly and it hasn't fallen off, and really easy to mount the phone in any orientation. I also like that this setup doesn't mess with the 6MT in that when shifting into 5th my hand doesn't hit it like it does my coffee mug. Also it doesn't interfere with passenger seat legroom - its out of the way. I have a USB power cord installed into the 12V adapter under the glovebox.

Here's the setup:

And here is the magnetic adapter I am using:

The Scosche magnetic adapter was $10 on amazon. I took the magnets out first and tried to mount them behind the Kuda (inside the kuda mount), but there wasn't enough force to hold the phone over every bump with the extra thickness so just put the magnets back in the scosche and mounted it on the Kuda as pictured and there is plenty of grip for the phone. Best part is nothing is screwed or glued to the car (although I did put a small screw into the scosche to hold it to the kuda as my experience is that the double sided sticky tape only holds things to the interior for about 6 months)...the kuda holds onto the car by clamping force alone, 30 second install.

Last edited by Mr. Hankey; 07-09-2015 at 08:27 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2015, 04:39 AM   #36
E92murdered
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhk118
I just installed the Kuda phone mount in my M3 using a Scosche magnetic "magic mount." This setup is perfect for me as the Kuda mount matches the interior and holds the phone at a perfect viewing angle for the driver (so I was able to get a flush mount magnetic mount rather than a "ball and socket" adjustable one which they also make). The magnet holds the phone firmly and it hasn't fallen off, and really easy to mount the phone in any orientation. I also like that this setup doesn't mess with the 6MT in that when shifting into 5th my hand doesn't hit it like it does my coffee mug. Also it doesn't interfere with passenger seat legroom - its out of the way. I have a USB power cord installed into the 12V adapter under the glovebox.

Here's the setup:

And here is the magnetic adapter I am using:

The Scosche magnetic adapter was $10 on amazon. I took the magnets out first and tried to mount them behind the Kuda (inside the kuda mount), but there wasn't enough force to hold the phone over every bump with the extra thickness so just put the magnets back in the scosche and mounted it on the Kuda as pictured and there is plenty of grip for the phone. Best part is nothing is screwed or glued to the car (although I did put a small screw into the scosche to hold it to the kuda as my experience is that the double sided sticky tape only holds things to the interior for about 6 months)...the kuda holds onto the car by clamping force alone, 30 second install.
Do you just need the magnet? As i dont have a case for my iphone 6 thanks link please
      07-10-2015, 10:36 AM   #37
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: '18 GT3, Ex F80x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92murdered View Post
Do you just need the magnet? As i dont have a case for my iphone 6 thanks link please
You don't need a case for the phone, there is a peel and stick-on metal plate you put on the phone/tablet/gps/key/whatever.

As for the magnetic part that goes in the car...You can use just mount that directly to the car somewhere (my experience is that the 3M double sided tape provided only lasts so long with these things, and on some hot or cold day you'll find it on the floor...therefore my magnet adapter is screwed to the Kuda, and hence why I bought the Kuda)...Link for the Kuda mount is on the first page of this thread...

Scosche also makes an air vent magnetic mount that people like, I just don't like my air vents covered. Here's a link from the Scosche website:

Last edited by Mr. Hankey; 07-10-2015 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: Updated link to one that worked
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 03:46 AM   #38
E92murdered
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhk118
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92murdered View Post
You don't need a case for the phone, there is a peel and stick-on metal plate you put on the phone/tablet/gps/key/whatever.

As for the magnetic part that goes in the car...You can use just mount that directly to the car somewhere (my experience is that the 3M double sided tape provided only lasts so long with these things, and on some hot or cold day you'll find it on the floor...therefore my magnet adapter is screwed to the Kuda, and hence why I bought the Kuda)...Link for the Kuda mount is on the first page of this thread...

Scosche also makes an air vent magnetic mount that people like, I just don't like my air vents covered. Here's a link from the Scosche website:

Thank you for the detailed answer! I get it now going to get your same setup
      07-12-2015, 11:54 AM   #39
Bluex
Useful Idiot
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife and kids insane.

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
I am a big Waze user and I absolutely love my Belkin iphone 6+ cupholder mount. Actually something good to put in those cupholders!

I usually keep it vertical, like shown, but it can easily swivel sideways as well. All depends on what you like....it's very stable and secure.

My European Delivery Thread

Last edited by Bluex; 07-13-2015 at 10:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 08:27 AM   #40
BeeEm
Private
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 435iA Coupe M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketBoots View Post
Did you consider the Everdock Dash? Not to put on the dash but for the cupholder. Seems like it addresses both the height and width issues. Looks to be a shorter height and fatter base, although maybe too fat for the cupholder??
Would anyone know whether the Everdock Dash base would fit within the F30/F32 cup holder?

http://fuzdesigns.com/products/everdock-dash

I made the mistake of ordering this mount without realising it might not fit with my iPhone 6 Plus. I would still be interested in making this work with my iPhone though. I quite like how this mount works.

F32 435i Coupe M-Sport, Estoril Blue, 442M staggered, Harman Kardon, Navigation System Professional, M Sports Suspension, Sunroof, M Sport brakes, High Beam Assist, Rear Camera, PDC, Enhanced Bluetooth.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 10:35 AM   #41
Bluex
Useful Idiot
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife and kids insane.

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeEm View Post
Would anyone know whether the Everdock Dash base would fit within the F30/F32 cup holder?

I made the mistake of ordering this mount without realising it might not fit with my iPhone 6 Plus. I would still be interested in making this work with my iPhone though. I quite like how this mount works.
Check out the above....works great with my 6+

My European Delivery Thread
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 01:55 PM   #42
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeEm View Post

I spoke with FuZ; the dash will not fit in the cup holder. I ended up using the Belkin mount shown above. For me, it's the best for many reasons:
-Quality, fit, finish is very high. Not on the level of the Everdock, but way better than any other plastic cup holder type mount
-It can accomodate my 6 with ease
-Holds the phone securely, and in a good ergonomic position
-The design is just about perfect, meaning you can mount the phone, and it doesn't obstruct anything, and it FITS. I tried many cup holder mounts, and for one reason or another, they just did not work: too high, too low, phone sits too close to the shifter, hard to get in/out, etc. It's very subtle, but the tilt angle, along with the swivel mount of the Belkin, work great.
-Maintains the aesthetic of the interior

I initially thought I'd get the Kuda mount, but I didn't want to mount it on the side of the console. To my eye, it took away from the aesthetic and lines of the design; and I don't even have full leather. I'm really happy with the Belkin, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a cup-holder mount.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 12:29 AM   #43
PayamFSU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP YMB

I just ordered this one, I'll let you know how it works and post pics Thursday.

http://www.amazon.com/Smartphone-Cra...ickstream_2_dp

update - it was a no go, to tight with the 6MT, plus with the 6+ it covers the ac controls. May work well with a regular iPhone 6.

first pic is in neutral, second and third one are in 5th.

2018 F80 ZCP 6MT YMB/SO
2015 F82 M4 6MT AW/SO - SOLD

Last edited by PayamFSU; 07-23-2015 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 12:18 PM   #44
emfo
Rep
Drives: TT

Quote:
I have an Everdock ordered, but this is as low profile as I could find for now. It works well, I touch the screen with my hand resting on the shifter. Unobtrusive and quick to remove. iOttie 3 with cupholder base.

http://www.amazon.com/iOttie-Holder-...ie+phone+mount
I don't see an option for cupholder base with the iottie.. do you mean a generic universal cupholder base?

Also on some of these cupholder options, I'm also concerned like PayamFSU about interference with the stickshift.. I will report back if I have any issues with whatever I end up getting, likely belkin cupholder or iOttie
Appreciate 0