R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

06-27-2022, 02:49 AM   #1
roadrace
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

FSC map update F80

I wonder if this is really the best place to post this. Searching I see only 2-3 threads on the topic, for F80. Tons and tons for F30.

I believe I have an NBT Evo ID6 HU.

The base map appears to be North America EVO 2017-4, Nav version NBTevo_N18032I, with automatic updates for PNW region, through 2020-2. The dealer wouldn't update for me, telling me that for my car, I get automatic OTA updates for 3 years and that's it. Of course he's referring to the regional updates, which indeed have run for 3 years but anyway are for the region of the first owner, whereas I am in Norcal. (I acquired the vehicle about a year ago.)

What are my options for updating the maps? Including, can I tell my service advisor he's wrong and he can sell me a full update? He says they changed it in 2019 and updates are no longer available at all.

There's lots of misinformation out there, including by the guys that sell these updates online, so I don't want to guess at what may or may not be possible.

I don't know if I have an LTE module on the car, if that matters. I didn't get any letter from BMW about 3G to LTE conversion. Connected Drive in the car doesn't show me anything at all. I don't think I have that service? Just mentioning this in case it affects how OTA might or might not work.

Oh and my VIN ends with 5K98994.

Last edited by roadrace; 06-27-2022 at 02:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 03:38 AM   #2
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrace View Post
I wonder if this is really the best place to post this. Searching I see only 2-3 threads on the topic, for F80. Tons and tons for F30.

I believe I have an NBT Evo ID6 HU.

The base map appears to be North America EVO 2017-4, Nav version NBTevo_N18032I, with automatic updates for PNW region, through 2020-2. The dealer wouldn't update for me, telling me that for my car, I get automatic OTA updates for 3 years and that's it. Of course he's referring to the regional updates, which indeed have run for 3 years but anyway are for the region of the first owner, whereas I am in Norcal. (I acquired the vehicle about a year ago.)

What are my options for updating the maps? Including, can I tell my service advisor he's wrong and he can sell me a full update? He says they changed it in 2019 and updates are no longer available at all.

There's lots of misinformation out there, including by the guys that sell these updates online, so I don't want to guess at what may or may not be possible.

I don't know if I have an LTE module on the car, if that matters. I didn't get any letter from BMW about 3G to LTE conversion. Connected Drive in the car doesn't show me anything at all. I don't think I have that service? Just mentioning this in case it affects how OTA might or might not work.

Oh and my VIN ends with 5K98994.
We offer that. Contact me through our webstore (link in signature) - I can't send you PM.
Latest is 2022-1 North America EVO.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 07:55 PM   #3
roadrace
Rep

I guess I'm too dumb to figure out PM (lol) -- but I sent email. thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 11:21 PM   #4
roadrace
Rep

I hope @shawnsheridan is here? Can you shed some light?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 01:46 AM   #5
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrace View Post
I hope @shawnsheridan is here? Can you shed some light?
I wonder - what light you need?
Patch the headunit, install map. Done. All with USB.
Appreciate 0