Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

06-01-2022, 03:21 PM   #1
Sloblk8
Private
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 Competition

Bootmod3 max boost limiter?

I searched but didn't see anything pertaining to the Bootmod3 max boost limiter settings on a stage 1 93 ots map. Videos I've seen didn't mess with that setting and I was just wondering what most people have done with this setting here?

23.2 psi doesn't seem like too much and I figured Bootmod3 would be staying in the safe ranges but figured I'd ask.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2022, 05:49 PM   #2
chewbakam4
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Its there so you can lower your boost if you like, say map is too aggressive for your octane. Some people made one of their maps or map slots have max boost limit at zero so its a very slow Valet map sort of thing which can be convenient.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2022, 06:33 PM   #3
Sloblk8
Private
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
Its there so you can lower your boost if you like, say map is too aggressive for your octane. Some people made one of their maps or map slots have max boost limit at zero so its a very slow Valet map sort of thing which can be convenient.
Ah, gotcha. That was what was confusing me, I was like why would anyone want to lower their boost lol. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 09:01 PM   #4
Jordan_335i
Rep
Drives: f10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
I don't understand - so if they set it to 0 then they are driving without turboboost?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 07:12 AM   #5
Fred E
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_335i View Post
I don't understand - so if they set it to 0 then they are driving without turboboost?
Yes, a boost target of 0 would essentially mean the turbo is not producing any boost and the car would make far less power. As chewbakam4 mentioned, this would typically be used as a "valet" map so any time the car was ever valet parked, the car would purposefully be down on power and not fun to drive.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 04:13 PM   #6
Jordan_335i
Rep
Drives: f10

OK I get it. My question is: if I set it to stock boost value then how it affect my stage 1 map? Will it be near stock horsepower with just better timing etc? And I suppose there is no risk of engine damage if I set it to stock boost on stage 1 map as my daily map?
Appreciate 0