Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

04-03-2015, 10:44 AM   #133
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkrazy View Post
I didn't realize Alabama even had paved roads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 05:20 PM   #134
PeterKBMW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Couple BMW's

I don't have the adaptive suspension and I don't regret not buying it. It's great, even on PA roads.
Past: 2014 BMW 528xi Msport/2015 BMW M3 6MT
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 08:53 AM   #135
wolfpackt99
Registered
Rep
Drives: M4 convertible

I just found this post after seeing a car without the option. I think it will drive me crazy if i don't have that button... unless there are aftermarket buttons i can place in there. like ejector seat. or 'open valves'.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 09:36 AM   #136
Agent - ///M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 Comp; Black Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelc5 View Post
I have a problem with my build and I need someone to easy my mind, I went to my dealer to finalize my paper work for My M4 ED pick up on July 11 and while I was sitting with my sales person the numbers were not matching, mine numbers were higher than his come to find out he left out the Adaptive M suspension from my build. The problem is that today the car was already in the body shop and no changes can be made, I was not very happy with him specially that I have everything plan for my trip. He did told me that they can eat that car and order another one for me but it will not be ready for 3 to 4 months. My question is, do I really need the Adaptive Suspension what can or should I do about this problem.

And this is from the supposedly the #1 BMW dealer in the USA.

Get it back to the U.S. & dump some K3's on it..... Problem Solved!
      02-21-2018, 02:24 PM   #137
vip
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 Alpine White M5

I like to call it the "so the wife won't complain about the ride quality" button lol. I just like to have the adjustability and be able to go into comfort mode if women are in the car LOL. Will be getting an M in the next few months and will definitely be getting a car with adaptive.
      02-21-2018, 02:40 PM   #138
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vip View Post
I like to call it the "so the wife won't complain about the ride quality" button lol. I just like to have the adjustability and be able to go into comfort mode if women are in the car LOL. Will be getting an M in the next few months and will definitely be getting a car with adaptive.
It is a good option and a good price an in-cabin adjustable suspension option. But the difference between on and off is minimal. If you are coming from a car with "normal" suspension, the M3/M4's adjustable suspension is really just hard and harder.
      04-02-2018, 08:54 PM   #139
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupé - Carbon Black

It is a blessing in disguise for them to forget to add something that you should have left off anyway if you want the best performance.

With the coin you save you could order a nice set of 3-Way coilovers and slam it to the deck which would out perform BMW's set-up by light years.

Most serious racing formula classes do not run adaptive suspension setups anyway, they are all manually adjustable multi bump/rebound setups.
Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 08:57 PM   #140
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANILE8 View Post
It is a blessing in disguise for them to forget to add something that you should have left off anyway if you want the best performance.

With the coin you save you could order a nice set of 3-Way coilovers and slam it to the deck.

Most serious racing formula classes do not run adaptive suspension setups anyway, they are all manually adjustable multi bump/rebound setups.
So true, because we all buy M3 and M4 to race formula classes seriously and slam them all to the deck.
      04-02-2018, 09:33 PM   #141
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupé - Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhamDavid View Post
If a coilover suspension is your desire, then I agree that there's no reason for adaptive suspension. But I would question if you actually would have a better handling car or just a car that looks cooler. There's many hours of tuning that goes into the factory suspension. I doubt that any coilover manufacturer spends as much tuning time.
With a high quality adjustable coilover kit, the performance is all in the set-up. Agreed, the mere fact of having more adjustability does not mean that you will necessarily get superior performance.

You have to know how to dial it in to your conditions to get the most out of it. Then if you are willing to spend the time to get the results this is where it can be an advantage.

I wouldn't even begin to speculate on who would spend the most time tuning their suspension, however spending massive amounts of time just like spending cash does not always guarantee results in the real World.
Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter
Appreciate 0