ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

08-22-2020, 08:32 AM   #1
dannyz_M4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 Frozen White M4 Comp

MSS Spring kits different between F80 vs F82 in rear?

Hi ladies and gents,

I am curious to know if the mss adjustable spring kit is different between the M3 and the M4 specifically in the rear.?

I'm having an issue with my rears, they just seem consistently higher by 10-15mm than adjusted on my M4.

I installed them last week assuming a 10mm rear drop (20mm thread gap) and they were higher then my stock measurement.. after a few days i cranked them down again, 10mm thread gap to an assumed 20mm drop and they were probably only 5mm lower the OE height.

I have rechecked install over and over and it all seems fine. The only assumption I can make is that the springs are different between f80 and f82?

The springs purchased of a forum member were off an F80 m3. Obviously, my bad and I jumped the gun prematurely.

Question is, is there any other difference apart from height.? Are spring rates the same? Assuming the heights are different

I'm probably just going to drop it down to it's maximum drop and and that would give me about a 10-15mm drop from OE m4 comp height.

Puzzled!!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2020, 05:50 PM   #2
dannyz_M4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 Frozen White M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRunner///M View Post
The same part/kit for M4 & M3.

See here: https://ind-distribution.com/product...ble-spring-kit

On my F80, a 7mm drop was same as OE, so expect the MSS run a bit high on the rear.

Thanks Ian,
Just something doesn't add up.. I have dropped it 20mm in the rear now and I just measured it again and it's literally 5mm drop compared to OE which Was measured just before install.

I first thought it was those OE rubber spring caps on the top of the rear spring, but including yourself everyone has said to reuse those..

Regardless the springs feel great whilst driving, and super happy with them

I think I will probably wind them down another 5mm (total gap only 5mm or apparent 25mm drop) and see what it's like.
Appreciate 0