Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

07-02-2021, 04:07 PM   #1
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Competition

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
EoS Intake Manifold w/Injector Owners?

I can't find a lot of threads for Evolution of Speed intake manifold owners...and I wonder why because they most definitely have the best PI/DI option for both fuel + meth. Anyway I'm ordering one with fueling (of course) but they don't mention anything about their injectors except how they are rated (which honestly sounds like they're from 2001...52/72/95lb/hr ?). My tuner is providing me with ID1050x injectors with a Motiv Re|Flex controller and refuses to use anything else and I'm OK with that but looking for more info here in terms of fitment, etc. I don't want any clearance issues. The tuner said they have customers with it but they do remote tuning and not the actual work to get the parts in so looking for more info.

EoS does not reply to e-mails or DMs... been trying for weeks.
Appreciate 1
TopJimmy5458.50
      07-02-2021, 10:35 PM   #2
E92inSG
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Copy and pasting my comment from another thread:

I had purchased the EOS manifold earlier and intended to use it for PI meth, not injectors.

[/url]

Got everything fitted up and installed, and the hood would not close. The charge cooler reservoir cap was about an inch too high.

Mind u I’ve got an Alibaba carbon GTS hood, and clearance even before the EOS manifold install was very tight with my EOS charge cooler. It would actually be slightly touching.

But with the EOS manifold, it wasn’t even close to being able to close. I can’t say if fitment would have been better if I’d had the stock hood on but I had to remove the EOS manifold and in the end went with drilling the stock manifold for my PI meth injection. It’s worked great so far and provides all the fueling I needed

Fwiw though there are many who have fitted it with zero issues. I don’t know what hoods they’re running though. I’m sure stock clears

It is a beautiful piece of kit and I would have loved to make it work. But I love the GTS hood more. ��

Last edited by E92inSG; 07-03-2021 at 12:12 AM..
Appreciate 2
TopJimmy5458.50
Wanted_M759.00
      07-03-2021, 01:20 PM   #3
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Competition

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Thank you E92inSG