Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

10-05-2019, 05:31 PM   #1
chillindrdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels

Race seat install anyone?

I have sparco Evo 2 lying around from my previous racecars and I want to replace my driver's seat with that.

Anyone have installed a race seat? And what floor mounts, subbelt mount you using?

I do not want the sub-belt mount welded in.

Thanks
      10-05-2019, 11:15 PM   #2
trackday96
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 CS, Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Garage List
2022 BMW M5 CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
I had a fair amount of trial and error trying to find appropriate mounts to work with the OMP HTE-R's in my f82. First I tried Bray Krause mounts that used the existing powered rails in the standard m4, but they had me sitting far too high (couldn't even get into the seat without a helmet).

I ended up using vac mounts that leveraged the existing seat installation screw points (after finding a set of macht schnell mounts had me sitting to far forward without drilling through the floor). I also used the vac harness anti sub mounting bracket which simply bolts into the vac floor mount. Then I used Sparco side mounts to hold the OMP seats.

Depending upon your size, you may find different mounts work better; I went through three mounts before I found the right ones and even these do not allow me to recline as much as I'd like.

Good luck!
Attached Images

10-12-2019, 11:20 AM   #3
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Successfully installed a Profi XL (w/ recaro slider) & six pt after like 2 months of wrist slashing. My first race seat install, so partly to blame, but there are a number of incompatible parts out there. I tried many... Shoot me a pm and I'd be happy to send pics/details. Try to save you some time.

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 07:45 PM   #4
Docall
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 m4, 2009 Audi s5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Successfully installed a Profi XL (w/ recaro slider) & six pt after like 2 months of wrist slashing. My first race seat install, so partly to blame, but there are a number of incompatible parts out there. I tried many... Shoot me a pm and I'd be happy to send pics/details. Try to save you some time.
I’m interested. PM sent.
Appreciate 0