ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

01-27-2020, 05:32 AM   #1
Daggers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '17 F82 M4 Competition

UK remove coding

Anyone in the UK do remote coding - ideally at a fair price? I'll have a few bits to get done in the next few weeks and it's been about 18 months since I fired up the laptop with esys so have forgotten everything I vaguely knew!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 04:59 PM   #2
WhiteDragon
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4 Comp

Take a look at @southerncoding on instagram
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 10:07 AM   #3
Daggers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '17 F82 M4 Competition

So I was somewhat nieve. On the Audi forum, we have (had - I'm no longer an Audi owner) a map/list of all users who would use vagcom (e-sys for audi's essentially) and would help other members. There was no charge, it was all friendly and maybe you bought someone lunch etc to be nice if they coded your car etc.

After posting this up, it's disappointing really I guess. I got about 4 people all message me (thanks) - but all wanted to charge between 100USD and 250USD(!) for adding a VO code to my car...

So I fired up the laptop and figured out how to add it myself. Took an extra 30 mins, but sorted. Seems I hadn't forgotten everything.

Anyway - "rant" over. It's more a "hey guys, why don't you help each other more rather than look for a quick buck?" kind of post...
Appreciate 0