Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

11-29-2021, 09:24 PM   #1
mangojuice
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 F83

Exhaust silencer inserts

Anyone know how these are installed: https://www.carchemistry.com/silencer-insert/

These were recommended by the club I signed up with but I have no ideal how they are even installed without losing them on the track/highway.

Long story short, I signed up for track events next yr from Black Friday sales… the tracks have noise restrictions and I don’t want to get the black meatball flag or alter my driving…. Looking at alternatives to muffle the loud exhaust (GTHaus Meisterschaft w/ DP is loud AF)
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 02:14 PM   #2
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Corvette Z06

If it's anything like the exhausts that some buddies have in California - don't you need a port for it?

Are you worried about Limerock? Cause we get away with some looooud exhausts there on Z06s and Camaros but they're not quite as piercing. I don't think I'll be able to get away with it any more though.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 01:26 PM   #3
mangojuice
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
If it's anything like the exhausts that some buddies have in California - don't you need a port for it?

Are you worried about Limerock? Cause we get away with some looooud exhausts there on Z06s and Camaros but they're not quite as piercing. I don't think I'll be able to get away with it any more though.
Signed up for Palmer double day, I think they have a 95dB limit… line rock is much lower from what I’ve heard
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 09:42 PM   #4
D_SheerDrivingPleasure
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

I think Lime Rock is now 86db except for certain unmuffled events...usually afternoon sessions.

Some drivers of heavily modified cars to be successful using exhaust elbows (?) to deflect sound towards the infield, away from the resi area.

other drivers strap on the equivalent of head gear orthodontics...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0