Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CENTRAL/SOUTH AMERICA

06-26-2019, 02:23 PM   #2553
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Unfortunately I only have one pic. Haven't had time and it has pretty much rained ever since I picked up.

As for a comparison/review, I've only got a couple miles one it, but I'm obviously very impressed.

The power band seems much wider and more usable than my ZCP car and it feels significantly faster. I'm not sure if the faster feeling is because I haven't had a DCT car or the new CS engine maps which does add 10HP/37TQ. I'm sure a combo of the both. But, every mode from Comfort to Sport Plus is turned up. Sport still didn't feel that fast in my ZCP and I needed to be in Sport+ to get that feeling. Now I get that in Sport and Sport+ is really fun/intense.

The suspension/chassis improvements are impressive as well. I just got a bunch of suspension work done on my ZCP and I was going to switch it over as I loved the feel of it. Now I'm not so sure as I really like how this thing is out of the box in all facets of driving and all modes. The dealer is making it worth my while to not switch it over, but also giving me a very good break on labor if I choose to do so. I'll have to decide soon.

The steering is improved as well, but less noticeable over the other improvements. It has more feel and is even more direct, which is saying something because it always has been very precise on all of the versions.

Over all the car just feels more fun and playful. It does feel a bit lighter as well and looks amazing. I still think the M3 CS is the best looking of the bunch, but I love the look of the M4 CS as well. The hood is awesome and unbelievably light. I had a hard time shutting it and really had to slam it to get it to latch. On the other ones you just have to drop it from a foot or so. That doesn't work on the CS (or GTS I imagine).

As i just said in previous post, I got 25,500 off of sticker (104,500). They can't sell them and they are really willing to deal to get them of the lots. If it was 10k off in mid 90s It would of been a much harder decision to switch over and I'm not sure it would've been worth it then. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about that. I know everybody hates hearing it, bit on a two door coupe if I'm near six figures I'm looking hard at a Porsche. But, BMW continues to be the value winner against them in numerous ways.

Ask for Alex Tamarkin at 'Tonka BMW. Tell him Jason sent you (I don't get any kickbacks except for continued great deals) and he will take good care of your friend.
what, you got ANOTHER new F8X?

C'mon, man. you MIGHT have a problem here

(looks lovely)
      06-26-2019, 02:28 PM   #2554
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post
what, you got ANOTHER new F8X?

C'mon, man. you MIGHT have a problem here

(looks lovely)
My wife was pissed when I texted her to "call me" when she knew where I was.

Thankfully when she heard it was pretty much a straight up trade she was fine with it.
Appreciate 1
myzmak2415.00
      06-26-2019, 02:30 PM   #2555
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
I'm with yah trust me. I miss Myz jumping in on some of those to.
For the record, I miss jumping on those guys too.

Wasssup? (other than ANOTHER new car?)
      06-26-2019, 02:34 PM   #2556
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
For the record, I miss jumping on those guys too.

Wasssup? (other than ANOTHER new car?)
Not much, coaching soccer right now and went to Canada last week for a fishing trip. Doing a fly in later in the summer up by Red Lake Ontario with the family for another one. It is my one of my mother in laws bucket list trips so we are paying for her and my father in law to go. Another couple/friends are going with so it should be a blast.

The funny thing is, I was really happy with my ZCP. The CS is that good and I felt like it was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. It's a deal I'll probably never be offered on a car again so YOLOed.

How you've been? Golfing a bunch I suspect and sports with the kids I assume as well.
Appreciate 1
myzmak2415.00
      06-26-2019, 02:52 PM   #2557
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Not much, coaching soccer right now and went to Canada last week for a fishing trip. Doing a fly in later in the summer up by Red Lake Ontario with the family for another one. It is my one of my mother in laws bucket list trips so we are paying for her and my father in law to go. Another couple/friends are going with so it should be a blast.

The funny thing is, I was really happy with my ZCP. The CS is that good and I felt like it was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. It's a deal I'll probably never be offered on a car again so YOLOed.

How you've been? Golfing a bunch I suspect and sports with the kids I assume as well.
yeah, been trying to get out a shit ton for the golfing. Has been a pretty steady year as far as that goes....

otherwise, hmmm....

I was fishing myself a few weeks ago up in Northern Sask. Pike and walleye fishing. Where were you guys at / what were you fishing?

Kids sports are actually quiet now. After the hectic winter sports we try to keep the summer ones down. Daughter does track, son did a little 3 on 3 spring hockey and now I just drag them around golfing with me (including on our last 2 trips to BC several days of making them golf in the rain. builds character, etc, etc )

That sounds like a sweet deal on the car. I'm still pushing around the "old lady" I picked up 3.5 years ago. Will probably hang onto her for a little bit as (a) we are now building a vacation place in BC (which, inevitably, we are making much nicer than it probably needs to be which will eat up a significant amount of discretionary cash flow for the next couple of years); and (b)....I still like her. She may not be the newest F8X, but she is pretty, I still love the MT and we have fun.

I still say my next new ride will be an E63 wagon.
      06-26-2019, 08:10 PM   #2558
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
yeah, been trying to get out a shit ton for the golfing. Has been a pretty steady year as far as that goes....

otherwise, hmmm....

I was fishing myself a few weeks ago up in Northern Sask. Pike and walleye fishing. Where were you guys at / what were you fishing?

Kids sports are actually quiet now. After the hectic winter sports we try to keep the summer ones down. Daughter does track, son did a little 3 on 3 spring hockey and now I just drag them around golfing with me (including on our last 2 trips to BC several days of making them golf in the rain. builds character, etc, etc )

That sounds like a sweet deal on the car. I'm still pushing around the "old lady" I picked up 3.5 years ago. Will probably hang onto her for a little bit as (a) we are now building a vacation place in BC (which, inevitably, we are making much nicer than it probably needs to be which will eat up a significant amount of discretionary cash flow for the next couple of years); and (b)....I still like her. She may not be the newest F8X, but she is pretty, I still love the MT and we have fun.

I do miss the manual and comfort access. But, I do like it quite a bit better overall. TB is still one of my all time favorite colors for this car. We are definitely going different ways in our car likes/wants. I get it though, it would be a very versatile family car. A very fancy version of what out F150 does for us.

We were in the Nestor Falls/Sioux Narrows area. Mainly fishing that side of Lake of the Woods and the Whitefish Bay part for Walleyes/Northerns. We did very well, especially my 8 year old daughter. She hauled in some nice 21 and 23 inch Walleye. Then a 29 inch Northern almost pulled her of the side of the boat, but she wrestled it in. I was in the back, but the guide had his hand near the back of her life jacket to grab her if she got any closer. All in all a really fun family getaway.

I get it in the giving everyone a break during non hockey months. Soccer is only two nights a week so quite a bit more of a relaxed schedule. Plus it is nice that she can put her shin pads and cleats on herself. Coaching soccer seems like a breeze since I don't have to get geared up to go on the ice with them.

Nice to hear from you, stay in touch more!
Appreciate 1
myzmak2415.00
      06-27-2019, 02:42 PM   #2559
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
I do miss the manual and comfort access. But, I do like it quite a bit better overall. TB is still one of my all time favorite colors for this car. We are definitely going different ways in our car likes/wants. I get it though, it would be a very versatile family car. A very fancy version of what out F150 does for us.

We were in the Nestor Falls/Sioux Narrows area. Mainly fishing that side of Lake of the Woods and the Whitefish Bay part for Walleyes/Northerns. We did very well, especially my 8 year old daughter. She hauled in some nice 21 and 23 inch Walleye. Then a 29 inch Northern almost pulled her of the side of the boat, but she wrestled it in. I was in the back, but the guide had his hand near the back of her life jacket to grab her if she got any closer. All in all a really fun family getaway.

I get it in the giving everyone a break during non hockey months. Soccer is only two nights a week so quite a bit more of a relaxed schedule. Plus it is nice that she can put her shin pads and cleats on herself. Coaching soccer seems like a breeze since I don't have to get geared up to go on the ice with them.

Nice to hear from you, stay in touch more!
those sound like some nice fish. funny how the kids almost always seem to fish the best.....maybe cause they aren't drinking the beer?

I've actually never been in that part of Canada. I've been to Winnipeg (shudder) and then usually just fly right over it and go to Toronto if I'm going further east. That whole part of Northern Ontario is lost to me.

Though I see you are firmly in the Canadian shield there. its like that up where we go (which is quite a bit further north....)

My kids are both (even for ringette/hockey) now old enough that they do up all their own gear/laces/etc so we can pretty much even just drop them at practices and pick up later. Bliss I tells ya....
      06-28-2019, 04:17 PM   #2560
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:

otherwise, hmmm....

I saw only one E63 AMG wagon in my area. Yesterday I saw a Jag XF Wagon, but the rear looked... soo strange.
myzmak2415.00
      06-30-2019, 05:20 PM   #2561
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Who trades a not even a year old car for a 2013 911 4S?

See this is why BP needs GrussGott and myzmak

Damn kids.
minn1913970.00
myzmak2415.00
      06-30-2019, 05:26 PM   #2562
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post

Damn kids.
Hey I helped.
Appreciate 1
Arcades8136.50
      06-30-2019, 05:46 PM   #2563
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Damn kids.
Hey I helped.
I'm turning too old man.
minn1913970.00
      06-30-2019, 06:11 PM   #2564
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I'm turning too old man.
There is a much better one.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1629344
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 10:41 PM   #2565
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I'm turning too old man.
There is a much better one.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1629344
I saw that one...

:
minn1913970.00
      07-04-2019, 08:42 AM   #2566
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Ahh, finally June 30th has come and gone, and with it, all my corporate tax deadlines.

Finally have some time to relax a little this summer...right now sitting in my office reading Project Smoke...thinking about smoking a brisket tomorrow for the first time.

I figure if I can get the brisket in the smoker around 8am, I can go to the office, come back to the house around 11:30am to check it, wrap it, put it back on for a few more hours, and then let it rest for a few hours before my inlaws come over.

Since I've never cooked brisket before, I figure I might as well experiment on them...they're family more or less, won't hold it against me too much if I crash and burn.

And on a different note, I switched my OEM wheels out for entirely different rims on Tuesday of this week because one of the OEM rims was cracked and it would have cost me slightly more to buy one OEM rim vs 4 new aftermarket rims. And these rims look nothing like what I had on the car.

Now given my dear wife is fairly confident I do nothing but buy more rims and tires for the car, I'm honestly quite shocked that she has either not noticed the new rims, or just hasn't said anything. I'm starting to wonder if I'm home free and there won't be a "discussion" about my newest purchase.

I'm uncertain if she truly hasn't noticed, or this is just ammo being saved for the next "domestic" we have. Time will tell.
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
myzmak2415.00
      07-04-2019, 10:50 AM   #2567
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

You're at the office on 4th

Never mind
      07-04-2019, 11:18 AM   #2568
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post

Never mind
4th means nothing to me you traitorous ba'tard.
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      07-04-2019, 01:20 PM   #2569
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:

Never mind
4th means nothing to me you traitorous ba'tard.
Future Prez candidate needs to become aware of certain customs
      07-04-2019, 02:08 PM   #2570
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Future Prez candidate needs to become aware of certain customs
Oh, right, right, right.

Ahem - 'Murica!!
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      07-05-2019, 12:09 AM   #2571
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Happy Fourth of July!

Never mind our president is the dumbest human of all time.
minn1913970.00
      07-06-2019, 12:21 AM   #2572
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
6.5, 5.x, then a 7.1 Earthquake.

Wow.
myzmak2415.00
minn1913970.00
      07-06-2019, 06:40 AM   #2573
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
6.5, 5.x, then a 7.1 Earthquake.

Wow.
Never gone through one but must be freaky as hell. Stay safe man.
      07-06-2019, 12:37 PM   #2574
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Never gone through one but must be freaky as hell. Stay safe man.
Thanks

We're okay though. We felt the 6.5, was asleep during the 5.4 but the 7.1 happened at 8 PM and it was definitely way more of an Earthquake. Lost some pool water in the process but everything is okay.

But this is definitely strange though. Been in LA for 20 or so years now and this is the first time that we felt it this way.
minn1913970.00