Euromotive Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-29-2015, 06:14 PM   #353
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
1079
Rep
2,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4play View Post
Oddly the photo shows up correct in my PB but on the forum it shows upside down, sorry not sure why!

thank you, this is actually my first ever purchase of an American car (GMC) however from my understanding the Denali's hold their value super well along with all the other Tahoe, Yukon's since it seems these work horses last forever. We need one for a tow vehicle for the enclosed trailer so hoping its as good as what everyone says.

Is the GMC Money Factor of 0.0015 a bit too high or am I comparing apples to oranges?

There are no MSD applied here but I am still debating if lease is better than financing and the guy told me it's a much better deal leasing since I save on taxes and I could always buy the car at end of lease.

My thinking was the same as I was doing for my F80 m3 purchase as I'm looking at total cash out of my pocket over the course of the deal.

Purchase:
Price is $73,923.35
Put down $5000
Finance the rest at 2.49 through my CU
Monthly Payment $1222.90
Interest paid $4450.87
Sales tax $6837.91
Total cash due up front $11,837.91

Total paid 5 years $85,212.13 (out of pocket)


Lease:
Price is $73,923.35
Put down $5000
MF 0.0015 = 3.6%
Monthly payment $1042.79
Total cash due up front $5000

Total paid in 3 year lease = 1042.79 x 35 = $36,497.65
Residual to buy the car is $43,195.60
Initial cash up front $5000

Total I would pay to own the car: $84,693.25


Are those calculations correct or do I still need to pay tax on the $43,195.60 at end of lease if I wanted to buy outright? My goal is ownership in the end for both the Denali and M3.
Comparing a GM MSD to BMW is apples to oranges. Just do your best to make sure you are getting the base MF rate. Might find the info at Edmunds or a GM enthusiast site.

You would still pay the taxes on the buyout unless you live in a state where you pay all the sales tax upfront.

If you just want the truck as a tow, consider buying used. If it's a tow vehicle and your wife's DD then just get the new one as I don't think it would go over well to buy her a used car after you get a new M3.
__________________
2013 E92 M3 LMB (gone but not forgotten)
2015 AY F80 M3 ED 7/9/15 Drop off 7/20/15 Redelivery 8/25/15
My AY M3 ED
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 09:03 PM   #354
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
1079
Rep
2,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (2)

New acquisition fee added
__________________
2013 E92 M3 LMB (gone but not forgotten)
2015 AY F80 M3 ED 7/9/15 Drop off 7/20/15 Redelivery 8/25/15
My AY M3 ED
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 10:13 PM   #355
louchitown
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
New acquisition fee added
How much does 1 MSD cost?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 10:27 PM   #356
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
1079
Rep
2,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by louchitown View Post
How much does 1 MSD cost?
Each MSD is one monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50. One thing to watch for is that the MSD cost should be calculated after the resulting payment decrease caused by the MSD.
__________________
2013 E92 M3 LMB (gone but not forgotten)
2015 AY F80 M3 ED 7/9/15 Drop off 7/20/15 Redelivery 8/25/15
My AY M3 ED
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 11:17 PM   #357
louchitown
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
Each MSD is one monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50. One thing to watch for is that the MSD cost should be calculated after the resulting payment decrease caused by the MSD.
Good point! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 12:30 PM   #358
Shyam
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 340i Xdrive
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

340i Xdrive Lease

Hello Guys,

I am looking to order the 340i Xdrive, Can somebody tell me if this is a good deal?

2016 340i Xdrive
MSRP: $63835 USD
Money Out of Pocket: $4500 USD
Miles Per Year: 15K/Year
Monthly Payment: $660/Month
Lease Term: 36 Months


Thanks & Regards....Shyam.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 06:17 PM   #359
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
1079
Rep
2,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyam View Post
Hello Guys,

I am looking to order the 340i Xdrive, Can somebody tell me if this is a good deal?

2016 340i Xdrive
MSRP: $63835 USD
Money Out of Pocket: $4500 USD
Miles Per Year: 15K/Year
Monthly Payment: $660/Month
Lease Term: 36 Months


Thanks & Regards....Shyam.
First, welcome to the forum. Now about your deal. No one will be able to tell you if this is a good deal without knowing what your MF is and the purchase price is. You also should not put money down on a lease unless it is for MSD's or certain fees.

I recommend you read my initial post in this thread to get a good idea of how to negotiate and evaluate any BMW lease. Next I recommend you post in the F30 forum to get more informed responses. This forum specializes in the F8x and we will not have the same feel for what people are paying for 340's.

Hope this helps.
__________________
2013 E92 M3 LMB (gone but not forgotten)
2015 AY F80 M3 ED 7/9/15 Drop off 7/20/15 Redelivery 8/25/15
My AY M3 ED
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 07:27 PM   #360
fanatic1
First Lieutenant
fanatic1's Avatar
United_States
210
Rep
302
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4 CS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Carlsbad/San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 M4CS  [0.00]
from OP:

"Tread depth must be 4/32" or greater"
I am just below this on the rears, anyone have experience with the tire charges? new rears are about $800 installed for 2.



"BMW requires an lease end inspection that usually is setup up about 75 days from the lease maturity date. This is an independent company. When completed you will receive a report and it will detail any repairs that are needed. You can fix it or still just turn it in and be billed by BMW later."

received normal lease end letters, but now within 50 days and no inspection, anything change here?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 08:16 PM   #361
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
1079
Rep
2,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic1 View Post
from OP:

"Tread depth must be 4/32" or greater"
I am just below this on the rears, anyone have experience with the tire charges? new rears are about $800 installed for 2.



"BMW requires an lease end inspection that usually is setup up about 75 days from the lease maturity date. This is an independent company. When completed you will receive a report and it will detail any repairs that are needed. You can fix it or still just turn it in and be billed by BMW later."

received normal lease end letters, but now within 50 days and no inspection, anything change here?
There should be information about the inspection in that paperwork.

As for the tires, you could look for a used set with more tread depth.
__________________
2013 E92 M3 LMB (gone but not forgotten)
2015 AY F80 M3 ED 7/9/15 Drop off 7/20/15 Redelivery 8/25/15
My AY M3 ED
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 09:03 PM   #362
fanatic1
First Lieutenant
fanatic1's Avatar
United_States
210
Rep
302
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4 CS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Carlsbad/San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 M4CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
There should be information about the inspection in that paperwork.

As for the tires, you could look for a used set with more tread depth.
sure enough, inspection letter, thanks for steering me straight, having a hard time reading.........letter from original dealer, thought it was a sales pitch

found tires on eBay, but not cheap used either, run flats 255/30r19
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 09:13 PM   #363
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
1079
Rep
2,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic1 View Post
sure enough, inspection letter, thanks for steering me straight, having a hard time reading.........letter from original dealer, thought it was a sales pitch

found tires on eBay, but not cheap used either, run flats 255/30r19
That's great. Just make sure the tires are the same size, speed rating, and category as the OEM tires. Many get burned by this.
__________________
2013 E92 M3 LMB (gone but not forgotten)
2015 AY F80 M3 ED 7/9/15 Drop off 7/20/15 Redelivery 8/25/15
My AY M3 ED
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 01:18 PM   #364
mistasleepi
New Member
3
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ca

iTrader: (0)

this might be a dumb question but can someone explain to me how he got 0.00095 from this? thanks

0.0013 - (0.00007 x 5)= 0.00095
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 06:24 PM   #365
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
MRCUR's Avatar
United_States
801
Rep
1,777
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 CS & 2018 Model 3 Perf
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistasleepi View Post
this might be a dumb question but can someone explain to me how he got 0.00095 from this? thanks

0.0013 - (0.00007 x 5)= 0.00095
Order of operations.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 09:45 PM   #366
fanatic1
First Lieutenant
fanatic1's Avatar
United_States
210
Rep
302
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4 CS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Carlsbad/San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 M4CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
That's great. Just make sure the tires are the same size, speed rating, and category as the OEM tires. Many get burned by this.
pre inspection confirmed rears only and $300/ea. Embarrassingly under mileage, credit of $300 (max credit).
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 09:54 PM   #367
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
1079
Rep
2,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic1 View Post
pre inspection confirmed rears only and $300/ea. Embarrassingly under mileage, credit of $300 (max credit).
Not bad at all.
__________________
2013 E92 M3 LMB (gone but not forgotten)
2015 AY F80 M3 ED 7/9/15 Drop off 7/20/15 Redelivery 8/25/15
My AY M3 ED
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 10:18 PM   #368
fanatic1
First Lieutenant
fanatic1's Avatar
United_States
210
Rep
302
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4 CS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Carlsbad/San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 M4CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
Not bad at all.
Now to find the elusive M3 deal, or go 340 route. local dealer had M3 allocations spoken for thru October production/November delivery and admitted they don't go below MSRP less $1k (manuf credit).

who am I kidding; need the LSD, DCT, bigger brakes and S55 motor

Last edited by fanatic1; 09-08-2015 at 10:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 10:37 PM   #369
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
1079
Rep
2,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic1 View Post
Now to find the elusive M3 deal, or go 340 route. local dealer had M3 allocations spoken for thru October production/November delivery and admitted they don't go below MSRP less $1k (manuf credit).

who am I kidding; need the LSD, DCT, bigger brakes and S55 motor
In you area, it's tough. You could go the out of state route for a better deal.
__________________
2013 E92 M3 LMB (gone but not forgotten)
2015 AY F80 M3 ED 7/9/15 Drop off 7/20/15 Redelivery 8/25/15
My AY M3 ED
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2015, 02:25 PM   #370
bimmerlover
Private First Class
12
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW X5 5.0
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: arkansas

iTrader: (0)

Not good MF?

Onerib,
First of all thanks for the excellent post/thread. It's very helpful and I'm thinking about doing a lease on an M4.. my first lease ever.

But from reading this entire thread looks like the MF is high.
MF is .00121 from local dealership here after 7 MSD's

Looks like that is a more typical MF before MSD for most posts on this thread = about 2.88% APR which still seems a little high for a 36 mo finance compared to purchase finance.
And looks like others are getting a MF down to about .0009 with 4+ MSD
= about 2.16% for similar terms
This would be a more typical MF after MSD, right?

Thanks ahead for input.

I'll post more info once I negotiate better terms (hopefully) for everything tomorrow...
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2015, 02:54 PM   #371
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
MRCUR's Avatar
United_States
801
Rep
1,777
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 CS & 2018 Model 3 Perf
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerlover View Post
But from reading this entire thread looks like the MF is high.
MF is .00121 from local dealership here after 7 MSD's
The original MF your dealer is offering is .00170, which is marked up from the buy rate of .00130. That is the standard BMW rate.

With a full 7 MSD's and the buy rate, you should be at .00081, or 1.94%.

Also, I'll note that *in general* the financing cost of a lease (all other factors ignored) is higher than traditional financing. With that said however, usually the benefits of only paying for the depreciation allows you to save money unless you're keeping the car for longer than ~3-5 years.
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2015, 03:05 PM   #372
bimmerlover
Private First Class
12
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW X5 5.0
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: arkansas

iTrader: (0)

Does the standard MF rate of 0.0013 apply to 2016 models?

I'm looking at a 2016 M4.

Thanks ahead.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2015, 03:06 PM   #373
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
MRCUR's Avatar
United_States
801
Rep
1,777
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 CS & 2018 Model 3 Perf
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerlover View Post
Does the standard MF rate of 0.0013 apply to 2016 models?

I'm looking at a 2016 M4.

Thanks ahead.
Yes, that rate is current for both the M3 & M4.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2015, 03:40 PM   #374
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
1079
Rep
2,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerlover View Post
Does the standard MF rate of 0.0013 apply to 2016 models?

I'm looking at a 2016 M4.

Thanks ahead.
Remember, many dealerships make boatloads of money off of unsuspecting customers. If you let them know you are an informed buyer and want the base rate, most honest dealers will drop the charade and deal straight. As long as your credit is good, you should be able to get the base rate.
__________________
2013 E92 M3 LMB (gone but not forgotten)
2015 AY F80 M3 ED 7/9/15 Drop off 7/20/15 Redelivery 8/25/15
My AY M3 ED
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST