BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

04-19-2019, 08:24 AM   #133
SE7EN335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
CS EDC programming is certainly a lot smoother and more planted than ZCP in my experience, that's why I prefer it. I have some really, really rough, bumpy roads around my house and find the CS Sport+ suspension mode to be extremely fun on those roads. With the original ZCP coding, Sport+ was completely worthless. The car would bounce and hop all over the place, constantly losing contact with the pavement, etc. The first time I drove really quickly through one of those roads that I know well after Alex@Alpine coded my suspension to CS, I literally said "WTF" out loud because it was such a welcome improvement.
The general consensus is that CS EDC coding is more comfortable and compliant than the ZCP EDC on ZCP suspension. However the CS EDC coding on non-ZCP suspension is a mismatch and actually results in worse ride quality than non ZCP EDC coding on non-ZCP suspension
Appreciate 2
      04-22-2019, 12:30 AM   #134
hellokitty
hello kitty oke ??
North Korea
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT | '12 335iS DCT

Garage List
2012 BMW 335iS  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Just ordered my THOR dongle
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 09:09 AM   #135
parabmw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 m4

Does the app store the cars stock files for going back to stock or is it generic one?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 11:01 PM   #136
hellokitty
hello kitty oke ??
North Korea
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT | '12 335iS DCT

Garage List
2012 BMW 335iS  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Hey guys, anyone use Thor for the first time and had the flash fail?

I eventually got both GTS DCT and GTS steering, diff and MDM to flash successfully but it took a few attempts even with the battery connected to a charger.

Hopefully I didnít screw anything up but the car drove fine. All of the errors eventually went away. I had a diff error upon first startup but it cleared after about 15 seconds.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 08:21 AM   #137
PayamFSU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP YMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabmw View Post
Does the app store the cars stock files for going back to stock or is it generic one?
They answered this in this thread reportedly store the cars file.

2018 F80 ZCP 6MT YMB/SO
2015 F82 M4 6MT AW/SO - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 08:23 AM   #138
PayamFSU
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
Hey guys, anyone use Thor for the first time and had the flash fail?

I eventually got both GTS DCT and GTS steering, diff and MDM to flash successfully but it took a few attempts even with the battery connected to a charger.

Hopefully I didn’t screw anything up but the car drove fine. All of the errors eventually went away. I had a diff error upon first startup but it cleared after about 15 seconds.
I had no issues I used an iPad Pro , was surprisingly painless, didn't use a battery charger and it completed it all in about 12 minutes not the 20 or something as advertised.

2018 F80 ZCP 6MT YMB/SO
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 11:17 AM   #139
parabmw
Captain
Rep

12 mins for every module?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 09:35 PM   #140
PayamFSU
Captain
Rep

Quote:
12 mins for every module?
Nope all 3

2018 F80 ZCP 6MT YMB/SO
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 09:41 PM   #141
PayamFSU
Captain
Rep

Bump for update , really need to do my EDC don't want to spend more money!

2018 F80 ZCP 6MT YMB/SO
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 12:47 AM   #142
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 CP

I've done quite a lot of driving with the cs coding now, and for me the biggest gain over my oe zcp coding is the mdm

The extra slip in mdm has made the car so much more enjoyable to drive, you can actually now get the rear to step out under throttle in straight line and off a corner...to the point where the stock power now feels more than adequate on a back road
Appreciate 3
      05-08-2019, 09:17 AM   #143
alfonseexists
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 with Comp Pack

Garage List
2018 BMW m4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
I've done quite a lot of driving with the cs coding now, and for me the biggest gain over my oe zcp coding is the mdm

The extra slip in mdm has made the car so much more enjoyable to drive, you can actually now get the rear to step out under throttle in straight line and off a corner...to the point where the stock power now feels more than adequate on a back road
Finally was able to explore cs coding on my car. The mdm is Much better Allows acceleration out of corners without evoking the nannies in a very smooth and controllable way. .
Seems to fit my driving style better. I have a zcp with a manual so Iíve no idea about any of the dct cs coding effects.
Not sure about the cs suspension setting yet. Having said that, sports+ seems a bit better, like I can keep it on now even on back roads. Iíve yet to truly test it. I never use the comfort settings In terms of steering and suspension for what thatís worth. The steering does feel a bit more centered to me. Iím one of the few that prefers a firmer ride and steering feel. Just my thing
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 09:39 AM   #144
matty088
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonseexists View Post
Finally was able to explore cs coding on my car. The mdm is Much better Allows acceleration out of corners without evoking the nannies in a very smooth and controllable way. .
Seems to fit my driving style better. I have a zcp with a manual so Iíve no idea about any of the dct cs coding effects.
Not sure about the cs suspension setting yet. Having said that, sports+ seems a bit better, like I can keep it on now even on back roads. Iíve yet to truly test it. I never use the comfort settings In terms of steering and suspension for what thatís worth. The steering does feel a bit more centered to me. Iím one of the few that prefers a firmer ride and steering feel. Just my thing
you got the EDC done? Any initial first impressions?

I think its less firm / more comfortable. Dont really think thats a shared opinion though.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 10:35 AM   #145
alfonseexists
Private
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW m4  [0.00]
Yes. I did all 3 available for a manual car. I did the flash using Thor. So easy. Iím still trying to put my finger on whether I like the changes to the dampers using cs settings on my zcp. Perhaps Better rebound but feels less disciplined in some ways. I will do some more driving as time and weather allow. Donít know if that makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 12:14 PM   #146
matty088
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Yes. I did all 3 available for a manual car. I did the flash using Thor. So easy. Iím still trying to put my finger on whether I like the changes to the dampers using cs settings on my zcp. Perhaps Better rebound but feels less disciplined in some ways. I will do some more driving as time and weather allow. Donít know if that makes sense.
100% agree. IT does make sense. I think rebound is better. but there is a lot of roll in the rear. Overall I think its less aggressive. Its just so hard to know bc i didnt use thor and not able to do back to back driving before and after flashes.

So ill look forward to your thoughts. But my impressions is that its probably best to leave the EDC alone
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 05:17 PM   #147
alfonseexists
Private
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW m4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
100% agree. IT does make sense. I think rebound is better. but there is a lot of roll in the rear. Overall I think its less aggressive. Its just so hard to know bc i didnt use thor and not able to do back to back driving before and after flashes.

So ill look forward to your thoughts. But my impressions is that its probably best to leave the EDC alone
If you want to play with settings, Thor is relatively inexpensive and easy to use. Although thor does not currently include any coding in terms of the engine (CS tune might become available.. they've been quiet lately lol)., It's very easy to use and manage. I can recommend the app as you can play easily without needing anyone else. I like that. I also don't give a damn about burbles and crap like that. As long as rev match is off in sports+ Im good. (Other than during warm up, Im always in sports+ in terms of the engine).

In the next few weeks I will be selectively enabling and disabling the suspension cs settings and doing some hard driving on a variety of roads soon. I will admit I care much more about handling and feel then comfort. Yup Im weird. whatever keeps the tires more planted and feels better on sketchy roads will be my choice (purely from a handling perspective as that's the number one thing for me).

Hopefully I will get to do a few early morning weekend drives soon.

Last edited by alfonseexists; 05-08-2019 at 05:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 05:18 PM   #148
parabmw
Captain
Rep

Does it store your stock map for when you remove it?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 05:22 PM   #149
alfonseexists
Private
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW m4  [0.00]
Quote:
Does it store your stock map for when you remove it?
yes. wouldn't have gotten it if it didn't.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 10:00 PM   #150
jpy1980
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 Mineral White

Quote:
If you want to play with settings, Thor is relatively inexpensive and easy to use. Although thor does not currently include any coding in terms of the engine (CS tune might become available.. they've been quiet lately lol)., It's very easy to use and manage. I can recommend the app as you can play easily without needing anyone else. I like that. I also don't give a damn about burbles and crap like that. As long as rev match is off in sports+ Im good. (Other than during warm up, Im always in sports+ in terms of the engine).

In the next few weeks I will be selectively enabling and disabling the suspension cs settings and doing some hard driving on a variety of roads soon. I will admit I care much more about handling and feel then comfort. Yup Im weird. whatever keeps the tires more planted and feels better on sketchy roads will be my choice (purely from a handling perspective as that's the number one thing for me).

Thatís so odd! The developer didnít even make an announcement that the edc coding was available. When did this feature come out?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 11:18 PM   #151
PayamFSU
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Quote:

That’s so odd! The developer didn’t even make an announcement that the edc coding was available. When did this feature come out?
They haven't. Not sure what people are talking about. They are coming out with the Android app, then working on the EDC. Their shop car has Ohlins on it so they need to either switch it back or get another car to trial the coding for EDC.

2018 F80 ZCP 6MT YMB/SO
Appreciate 1
jbed28.00

05-09-2019, 01:09 AM   #152
jpy1980
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayamFSU View Post
They haven't. Not sure what people are talking about. They are coming out with the Android app, then working on the EDC. Their shop car has Ohlins on it so they need to either switch it back or get another car to trial the coding for EDC.
Ah thatís what I thought. I think the app with all its verbiage is confusing people.
Appreciate 1
jbed28.00

05-09-2019, 02:20 PM   #153
alfonseexists
Private
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW m4  [0.00]
Quote:
Thatís so odd! The developer didnít even make an announcement that the edc coding was available. When did this feature come out?
I never said it was. Only lsd, damper programming and steering
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 05:56 PM   #154
jbed
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 M3 - ZCP - DCT - BSM/SS

Quote:
Quote:
That's so odd! The developer didn't even make an announcement that the edc coding was available. When did this feature come out?
I never said it was. Only lsd, damper programming and steering
Looks like some confusion, as I too am waiting on EDC - current version 1.6 of app's dynamic pack screen shot: Dynamic Stability Control (MDM mode), Differential, Steering... not EDC (dampers), yet.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0