Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

04-18-2019, 10:16 AM   #1
bangbangbang428
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Mineral White

EMD Springs ..steering wheel shakes at 80mph

So i finally installed the EMD springs on my BMW M4. i gave it two weeks to fully settle in and got an alignment and wheels balanced.

my review:

1. I love the stance ..super aggressive
2. i read a lot on the forums that it feels like OEM springs...but it feels nothing like OEM.
3. at 80 mph or if i floor it my steering wheels seems to shake ...I'm not sure if the springs are just stiff that it makes you feel the ground more?

does anyone else have this issue with EMD springs? or is that how aftermarket springs are supposed to feel?
      04-18-2019, 11:48 AM   #2
Remonster
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Avus Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangbangbang428 View Post
So i finally installed the EMD springs on my BMW M4. i gave it two weeks to fully settle in and got an alignment and wheels balanced.

my review:

1. I love the stance ..super aggressive
2. i read a lot on the forums that it feels like OEM springs...but it feels nothing like OEM.
3. at 80 mph or if i floor it my steering wheels seems to shake ...I'm not sure if the springs are just stiff that it makes you feel the ground more?

does anyone else have this issue with EMD springs? or is that how aftermarket springs are supposed to feel?
Sounds like you should get your installation checked and also check your wheels to see if it looks like any of your wheel weights may have been knocked off of the wheels while the installer was taking the wheels off or putting them back on? Do you feel the steering wheel vibrate at all at 80mph when cruising at a constant speed? Do you feel any vibration or shaking in your seat at all? Does this happen on all roads?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 12:10 PM   #3
LOW4LYF
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION

They can not feel like OEM with such aggressive drop.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 02:48 PM   #4
bangbangbang428
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
Sounds like you should get your installation checked and also check your wheels to see if it looks like any of your wheel weights may have been knocked off of the wheels while the installer was taking the wheels off or putting them back on? Do you feel the steering wheel vibrate at all at 80mph when cruising at a constant speed? Do you feel any vibration or shaking in your seat at all? Does this happen on all roads?
yeah it happens on all roads. I feel it mostly when i floor it. I feel like there something pushing the car back. The car is not smooth at all anymore around 80mph and flooring it.

around 40 mph or 50mph constant speed its pretty smooth
      04-18-2019, 02:52 PM   #5
bangbangbang428
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
They can not feel like OEM with such aggressive drop.
i found out the hard way ...everyone on the forums were saying it was like OEM ...they were probably paid to say that or riding the companies D%^&.

hopefully I"m wrong.. i really want to like these springs.
      04-18-2019, 04:19 PM   #6
Scrapenframe
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
I don't have a single complaint about these springs other than it's extremely low with my lip. I would suggest inspecting the install and wheels
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 04:34 PM   #7
Luckydebonaire@msn.com
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3 F80

Just got mine installed along with the wheel spacers. It rides just like stock to me even in sport +. Did you get a 4 wheel alignment after they were installed? I think that's an important piece. Mine is still just as smooth as it was before under hard acceleration.
Appreciate 0