EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

03-01-2021, 07:14 PM   #1
Snake.F80
One Mod at a Time
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

USB port under climate controls

EDIT... I think I've found some answers. However, I don't know how to delete this post. So, I'll just look like the annoying noob that asks repetitive questions. SMH

First post... I'm still learning how to search the forums.

In any case, I finally purchased an F80 M3. I've watched YouTube tutorials on the Rennline phone mount for this car. I was going over the mounting options, and I noticed that my particular M3 does NOT have the front USB port underneath the climate controls. Was this an option? Did the previous owner option this out? Why isn't the USB port there!?! Finally, is there a replacement panel with the USB port available to retrofit that option? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2018 BMW M3

Last edited by Snake.F80; 03-01-2021 at 08:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 08:15 PM   #2
jimmydick
Boner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 AW ZCP

Please search. It was an option, added port can quickly and easily be installed.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 04:10 PM   #3
DaRox
Rep
Drives: BMW M3(F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake.F80 View Post
EDIT... I think I've found some answers. However, I don't know how to delete this post. So, I'll just look like the annoying noob that asks repetitive questions. SMH

First post... I'm still learning how to search the forums.

In any case, I finally purchased an F80 M3. I've watched YouTube tutorials on the Rennline phone mount for this car. I was going over the mounting options, and I noticed that my particular M3 does NOT have the front USB port underneath the climate controls. Was this an option? Did the previous owner option this out? Why isn't the USB port there!?! Finally, is there a replacement panel with the USB port available to retrofit that option? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2018 BMW M3

Did you find a solution for this? I too would like to install one.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 04:15 PM   #4
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRox View Post
Did you find a solution for this? I too would like to install one.
You can just order the port and the cable, connect to the headunit then code the headunit - HU_NBT2 with 6NS option in FA.

Thanks
Appreciate 0