ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-10-2018, 03:31 PM   #1
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Thumbs up bootmod3 Offline Flasher Release ***

Hey guys, really happy to announce the OFFLINE Flasher is now out of closed beta for any existing registered/unlocked users that have an S55, N55, N20 or N26. Only exception is Dual DME cars (N63tu/S63tu) that are still in beta for a couple days. This applies to any existing and already unlocked BM3 users.

Overall impressions from beta have been very positive. Flash times are the fastest out there we've seen at just 40secs for a map switch, maybe even a touch quicker.

Offline flasher also incorporates a preconditions analysis check we believe is unique to bootmod3 in the aftermarket along side BMW's own factory flash tools. Some of these were there before but now have been redesigned and further expanded. This should help prevent any issues for those out in the wild while flashing further solidifying the flash process.

In case any the following preconditions happen, flash will not begin:

- engine running
- immobilizer system not unlocked
- gear box input speed not zero
- gear box output speed not zero
- vehicle speed not zero
- ignition needs restart, ignition off-on is required
- programming voltage insufficient
- ignition off (clamp 15 is off)
- vehicle's electrical system voltage too low
- temperature too high
- temperature too low

Flash button in the app now defaults to OFFLINE flashing. The old method which used an internet connection to the servers is still there but going forward will most likely be removed for the DME. S55 TCU flash will continue to use the internet connection method, for now.

We'm working on incorporating some progress bars for the flash progress screen now and that'll be in the next update very soon. OBD Unlock closed beta testing is going really well as well and we're hoping to have that released in the open very soon as well. Let us know if any questions.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
NO_USER_537.50
dubsesd6332.00
FSociety3812.50
terahertz162.50
      02-10-2018, 04:07 PM   #2
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Great job guys!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 04:12 PM   #3
CAOZKAN
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow M4

Very good news! The ios app isn't out yet, is this only for laptop for the time being? I'm an old customer with bench flash, will I be able lock-unlock-flash ?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 04:41 PM   #4
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

02-10-2018, 06:02 PM   #5
6SPD GOD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP 6SP

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
- Revert back to Stock and locked. No chance of tamper code showing once flashed back.
- No flash counter limitations - our dev cars have been flashed well over 1000 times. This has always been a BM3 feature.
- Flash date freeze - unique BM3-first feature, no other tool supports today. Flash date never changes when flashing with BM3.
- Flash counter freezes after OBD unlock

I have a question.

1) If you were looking to avoid getting flagged or issues with dealer, what would be the most efficient way to stay "safe" or at least out of the radar? OBD or Bench?

2)(OBD) I have a ZCP. When reverting back to stock, how would the software know to load ZCP tune or base?

Don't kill me, I'm a novice in tuning.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 08:10 PM   #6
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNMWMWMN View Post
I have a question.

1) If you were looking to avoid getting flagged or issues with dealer, what would be the most efficient way to stay "safe" or at least out of the radar? OBD or Bench?

2)(OBD) I have a ZCP. When reverting back to stock, how would the software know to load ZCP tune or base?

Don't kill me, I'm a novice in tuning.
1) Simply don't tune or modify in any way if worried about warranty. For regular service, oil change, etc no one cares and no one will find anything or care to find it. If something expensive goes, everyone cares and its a different ballgame. They'll go digging and they will go deep Even if DME is fully restored, they might find something elsewhere, dash (KOMBI) ECU (say max vehicle speed exceeded oem spec), transmission ECU (exceeded torque max values from where they may be stock), etc. Some have mentioned that even the new NBT-EVO iDrive units beam information up to BMW over-the-air (internet), beat that

2) You'll go back to your stock identical ZCP software whatever it was before unlock. BM3 will not force a change to your software. We've seen some tuners using Frieling cables and other flash tools do that unfortunately as shortcuts instead of managing multiple software versions. For them its easier to manage one software version and stay on one as they don't have the ability or automation required to support multiple versions of vehicle software concurrently. This can pose an issue after flashing with those tools when that approach is used. The DME ends up having a mismatch between that more recent software and old coding that was on the car before tune was flashed on it. Unsure how many have run into issues with those tunes/cables/tools with other tools due to that approach but worth noting. Not the cables fault that's for sure

Cheers!
Appreciate 3
F80Paul284.00
FSociety3812.50
      02-10-2018, 08:11 PM   #7
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOZKAN View Post
Very good news! The ios app isn't out yet, is this only for laptop for the time being? I'm an old customer with bench flash, will I be able lock-unlock-flash ?
We'll be updating both apps very soon as well. For now its laptop (mac or windows) and you can use the browsers on your phone (Google Chrome or Safari).
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      02-10-2018, 08:12 PM   #8
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
Great job guys!!!
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      02-10-2018, 08:21 PM   #9
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

Do we have to pre download the map(s) locally to our phone first? I have an updated map queued up that I have yet to flash. So do I need to do that one via the cloud?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 08:34 PM   #10
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
Do we have to pre download the map(s) locally to our phone first? I have an updated map queued up that I have yet to flash. So do I need to do that one via the cloud?
Should all seamlessly work if you have internet when trying to flash it. Just hit flash and it'll download the update if needed automatically, otherwise it'll skip the download and flash what's there already. Think about how Spotify works with songs previously downloaded/played which you can play again when no internet is available.

If you'll say go to a remote area or flash in an underground garage and you know you won't have internet access there just go into your account, click "Download, Flash Later" and you flash "later" whenever, wherever
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      02-10-2018, 08:38 PM   #11
6SPD GOD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP 6SP

Quote:
1) Simply don't tune or modify in any way if worried about warranty. For regular service, oil change, etc no one cares and no one will find anything or care to find it. If something expensive goes, everyone cares and its a different ballgame. They'll go digging and they will go deep Even if DME is fully restored, they might find something elsewhere, dash (KOMBI) ECU (say max vehicle speed exceeded oem spec), transmission ECU (exceeded torque max values from where they may be stock), etc. Some have mentioned that even the new NBT-EVO iDrive units beam information up to BMW over-the-air (internet), beat that

2) You'll go back to your stock identical ZCP software whatever it was before unlock. BM3 will not force a change to your software. We've seen some tuners using Frieling cables and other flash tools do that unfortunately as shortcuts instead of managing multiple software versions. For them its easier to manage one software version and stay on one as they don't have the ability or automation required to support multiple versions of vehicle software concurrently. This can pose an issue after flashing with those tools when that approach is used. The DME ends up having a mismatch between that more recent software and old coding that was on the car before tune was flashed on it. Unsure how many have run into issues with those tunes/cables/tools with other tools due to that approach but worth noting. Not the cables fault that's for sure

Cheers!

I understand the warranty aspect. I'm simply asking what's the "safest" way.

Through some research I found that bench gives you the ability to extract the full readout of the DME, so if you ever wished to restore COMPLETELY back to stock you can do so. However, it's kinda obsolete since boost levels from after the tune would raise a flag ?

Honestly, just trying to educate myself meanwhile you guys finish up the beta testing.

Once the water settles, I'm coming into the boat!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 08:42 PM   #12
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Just login website and good to go? I was just told yesterday this feature needs to be activated account by account upon request.

As one of those most in need for this one, I need your confirmation.
      02-10-2018, 08:50 PM   #13
aboulfad
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
In case any the following preconditions happen, flash will not begin:

- gear box input speed not zero
- gear box output speed not zero
- vehicle speed not zero ...
Seriously, you had some customers that were moving the car as they were flashing? But great job on all this
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      02-10-2018, 08:51 PM   #14
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
I understand the warranty aspect. I'm simply asking what's the "safest" way.

Through some research I found that bench gives you the ability to extract the full readout of the DME, so if you ever wished to restore COMPLETELY back to stock you can do so. However, it's kinda obsolete since boost levels from after the tune would raise a flag ?

Honestly, just trying to educate myself meanwhile you guys finish up the beta testing.

Once the water settles, I'm coming into the boat!
Yes, bench unlock remains king of restores back to original state (software as well as historical data) still as it'll revert everything 100% how it was on the DME itself. It can't restore the physical trace that silicone was cut to open up the DME. Boost levels etc, things that are stored and shown in a FASTA report (peak values, etc) are also all restored on bench as well. We believe, but don't quote me on this as we haven't had a chance to verify, that each re-flash also resets FASTA data so it can re-learn. aboulfad something you may wish to try if you've done it before. Pull FASTA report, reflash stock with Esys or ISTA/P, pull FASTA report again
Appreciate 2
FSociety3812.50
      02-10-2018, 08:53 PM   #15
aboulfad
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
I understand the warranty aspect. I'm simply asking what's the "safest" way...
Read from this post onwards.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      02-10-2018, 08:54 PM   #16
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Just login website and good to go? I was just told yesterday this feature needs to be activated account by account upon request.

That's yesterday snooze you lose! Restriction taken off today across the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboulfad View Post
Seriously, you had some customers that were moving the car as they were flashing? But great job on all this
no but these are various checks we're replicating like factory tools are doing when programming and we thought hooking them all in might be useful, you never know
Appreciate 3
SeanWRT3179.00
FSociety3812.50
      02-10-2018, 08:54 PM   #17
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post

If you are already a BM3 user from before with an unlocked DME (via bench) and an activated license, then yes. Just get the latest OBD agent and login to the bootmod3 website. They activated Offline Flasher for all existing BM3 users, as stated in the OP.
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      02-10-2018, 09:04 PM   #18
aboulfad
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Maximus, is it still you? you are calling me by name and ask me to do experiments, sure, how about a free beta license? FASTAdata is for the weak, but the concept that another vendor eluded to “back in time” raises a new dimension to the continuity of data collection from a vehicle across all ECUs.

My DME PC is at 4, it’s staying there forever, untouched and unpolluted by any foreign code
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 09:34 PM   #19
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboulfad View Post
Maximus, is it still you? you are calling me by name and ask me to do experiments, sure, how about a free beta license? FASTAdata is for the weak, but the concept that another vendor eluded to “back in time” raises a new dimension to the continuity of data collection from a vehicle across all ECUs.

My DME PC is at 4, it’s staying there forever, untouched and unpolluted by any foreign code
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Aboulfadeus, your DME shall forever be foreign. It was forged in the deepest forests of Germany, factories of Bosch. You as well shall have your vengeance in this life or the next to all those altering the almighty code of Infineon.

Appreciate 4
aboulfad1592.50
whoop_ass355.00
rk60413.50
FSociety3812.50
      02-10-2018, 09:38 PM   #20
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Aboulfadeus, your DME shall forever be foreign. It was forged in the deepest forests of Germany, factories of Bosch. You as well shall have your vengeance in this life or the next to all those altering the almighty code of Infineon.

Dzenan, are you taking delivery of your GT3 RS today and sleeping with your holy girl for the first time tonight?
      02-10-2018, 10:04 PM   #21
aboulfad
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Aboulfadeus, your DME shall forever be foreign. It was forged in the deepest forests of Germany, factories of Bosch. You as well shall have your vengeance in this life or the next to all those altering the almighty code of Infineon. ...
You are slacking again And no I don't want any rotten beef in my DME, I am a vegan (God forbid)
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2018, 12:16 AM   #22
whoop_ass
Captain
Rep
Drives: non

Awesome Job here Dzenan, always love the updates and new improved features.
I know on my side I wont have a flash fail any more due to Flaky internet or Cell reception.

Looking forward to the OBD unlock!
just tested this and well, it works a treat, there should be no reason for a failed flash now unless their is a issue with voltage or ignition switching off.
follow the recommendations for seatbelt etc.

NICE work again Dzenno

Last edited by whoop_ass; 02-11-2018 at 01:41 AM..
Appreciate 0