Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Exterior Parts

04-26-2023, 01:07 PM   #1
EGbeater
IG: @panda_exprs
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 DCT, E36 M3/4

F/S: pair of DIY carbon fiber front fender flaps (to protect the body from gravel)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 63.00

Item Interest
*** SOLD ***

These are not Tommy Garage; I made these myself. They are used parts, not new.

I made these to protect the body on my F80 when running wide front tires/wheels (295/30-18, 315/30-18, and 305/30-19 on 10.5" or 11"-wide wheels). They stick out a fair amount for this reason, but if you wanted to trim them down a little, that'd be easy to do of course.

Perfect fitment using the OEM plastic rivets that attach the backs of the fender liners to the fenders. I'm including a bunch of (OEM equivalent) OE-style plastic rivets for attaching them, as the center pins generally disappear inside the car when you punch them out/through.

I found that you need decent length to properly protect the car, but if they're too long and made of a stiff material like carbon fiber, they'll get broken off, hence the modular two-piece design. The bottom flexible flaps are easily replaceable; they're attached with three 1/8" diameter rivets per flap.

I'm including brand new bottom flaps already attached + two more pairs of replacement flaps, + 12 rivets (for replacing the bottom flap sections two times), plus material to make two more replacement flaps, plus my paperboard template if you decide to make more F80/82 front mud flaps out of a different material (figuring out the exact contours/pattern to fit the car exactly took several hours of my time).

These are used/DIY parts and not stamped out / made in a factory, so don't expect absolute perfection; one small area on the edge of one flap is fraying and needs some touchup with epoxy or superglue. The back sides of the CF flaps (the sides that face the tire and will get hit with all sorts of crap) are dark gray, aren't clearcoated, and are just business, not for show.

However, they look like professionally made parts to most observers... I got a lot of comments "where'd you buy those??"

$63 shipped via USPS to addresses in the 48 US states/APO/FPO.

Here's a closeup pic of just the carbon fiber sections, before I replaced the flexible bottom flaps:

Unfortunately I don't have any good pictures of them mounted to the car... these are all I could find in my phone:

PM ME FOR USED F8x PARTS! What's left: brand-new pair of VNE front brake rotors; used Ferodo DS3.12 and PFC08 front track pads and used Stoptech Sport and OEM rear brake pads; Apex wheel black center caps (brand new, never used) qty 3
MEDIA: @panda_exprs youtube.com/user/EGbeater/videos

Last edited by EGbeater; 04-26-2023 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: items listed for sale are sold
Appreciate 0