Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-07-2022, 11:45 AM   #1
Bettertomorrow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F83 M4

GTS tune to Stage 1

Just want to share my experience.
When I updated to GTS tune, difference was noticeable! Especially the top end, good enough I said, I did not see the need for Stage 1. Then I came across someone else's dyno showing stock, GTS, stage 1 and stage 2. Stage 1 clearly had wider power curve so I had to give it a try.

It is a night and day difference after 20 second it took to flash. Throttle tip-in is more sensitive (but GTS transmission tune helps a lot). And the power delivery is surprisingly better. On MHD website, GTS tune is 500hp and Stage 1 is 530hp, but the difference is significant enough to justify the cost of buying map pack. It seems that bootmod3 multimap can have stock map as a choice and MHD multimap doesn't support that…currently have single 93 flashed but I might flash to multimap with 93 and 91 oct.

Unrelated, latest GTS tune I got from bimmer-remote still does not downshift with blips like it used to with MHD GTS Transmission in sport mode. It is smoother than MHD GTS but only blips/downshifts aggressively in sport+. Basically feels like torque converter transmission when slowing down in sport mode, often skipping gears from 5th to 3rd. Oh well, guess will have to leave it in sport+ more often.
Attached Images

15 BMW F83 M4, MHD Stage 2, CBC, xHP Stage 2, ADD W1 Catchcan, AA Single Mid, Eibach Pro, 12.5mm spacers, BMC drop-in with charcoal removed, other misc/cosmetics (Alpha 1 speakers, all exterior LED light bulbs, ambient light upgrade-center console/doors, Hardwired Garmin Dashcam)
15 BMW X3 x35i
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2024, 09:51 AM   #2
cwunch
Turkey
Rep
Drives: M2cs

What a nice, useful info. Especially with the dyno graph. Thank you very much.

I am planning to use these maps, for my 2020 M2cs. (Stock, GTS and stg1)

I wonder if MHD has updated their multimap system (on the fly), so we can use the stock software as map 1? (Map 2 being GTS + map 3 stg1)
Appreciate 0