R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

Closed Thread

10-21-2019, 12:02 PM   #1
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: The Spirit of Racing

KRATOS KRAS55Bi Stock Motor 810whp!

Recently, one of our South Texas based clients broke the 800whp barrier on his KRAS55Bi equipped stock motor F80 M3. The customer contacted us looking for more safe power than he felt safe pushing on his previous hybrid turbo system.

This was done in 89 degree ambient air temps and 2400DA!

Major Mods:
  1. KRAS55Bi Turbos
  2. Fuel-It PI
  3. F80 Paul Pump E85 Tune

The patent pending low backpressure manifolds that we utilize on our KRAS55 line of turbos are one of the main reasons that our customers have been able to safely produce these high power figures on their stock or built motors. In our testing, the backpressure in our maniofolds measured 1.1:1 when at 32psi of boost. This reduces stress on the connecting rods and decreases the likelihood of premature connecting rod failure. In addition, our highly efficient rotor group achieves greater power output with less required boost. The decreased boost also aids in the safety of the factory connecting rods.

Here is an overlay of the clients prior turbo setup with E85 + Meth at maximum output vs. his current KRAS55Bi setup on pump E85 alone with power limited due to stock engine.

Please email info@asrkratos.com for inquires.

Last edited by Sales@KRATOS; 10-21-2019 at 05:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 04:53 PM   #2
fackamato
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Comp

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
This is insane - almost double the power from stock! Nice

What transmission has the higher torque limit, 6MT or DCT?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 08:00 PM   #3
bracer
Mr Bill
Rep
Drives: GLC63

Wow, Interesting results. Especially the comparison dyno. Was the boost the same on both runs?
Turbo Miata Racecar (sold)
1995, 2009, 2015 M3 (sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 06:07 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Sick!

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 01:09 PM   #5
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackey View Post
Wow, Interesting results. Especially the comparison dyno. Was the boost the same on both runs?
According to the customer his hybrid turbos were maxed out with E85/Meth and simply could not produce any more power. He also complained about constantly cracking the spark plugs at this power output with his hybrids due to what he believes was caused by high back pressure from stock manifolds.

The dyno graph with our KRAS55Bi's was running pump E85 without meth at 34psi, while DA was 2400 and 89 degrees ambient temperatures. He decided to stop there as he was already above his 800whp goals at 810whp and didn't want to continue turning it up on the stock bottom end.

One of the most telling parts of this overlay is how it refutes every claim made by some turbo shops that our KRAS55Bi's spool slower than current hybrid or casted offerings. Based on the data provided, there is no denying that those statements are just inherently false. As we've stated many times, there simply is no other turbo system on the market that is able to combine the spool and transient response characteristics of much smaller frame turbos while having the power output capability beyond that of any large frame single turbo.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2019, 06:59 PM   #6
Mmvic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

only thing stopping me from purchasing is the lack of low 10 second ¼ mile times... everyone I talk to say these can put the power down?..? has nobody put decent tires and used boost by gear reduction to even try?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 10:39 PM   #7
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmvic View Post
only thing stopping me from purchasing is the lack of low 10 second ¼ mile times... everyone I talk to say these can put the power down?..? has nobody put decent tires and used boost by gear reduction to even try?
The dct on these cars make it hard to launch. Unless you put a line lock it's hard to heat up the tires. You can ride the brake but you'll over heat the clutches. I've driven this car and it's quick. Runs a sub 5.5 60-130.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 10:51 PM   #8
theedrb
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Hi everyone, the car listed above is mine. The car is a DCT i bought brand new in 2017. I had pure Stage 2's on it prior and just didnt feel like the car made the power it could. Everyone i spoke with just kept telling me "man your cars low" but on the street it couldnt be beat. The graph you see above tells the story. In south Texas one thing we have alot of is HEAT. ALWAYS. summer time we consistently see ambient temps above 115*. with 40-50* humidity. In the early mornings its 90* by 8am with 70% humidity.

I was on the fence about the Kratos turbos for a while. A friend of mine was the one who finally convinced me. My biggest issue was "well dang im already at almost 700rwhp, how much bang am i really going to get for my buck?"

I come from Big V8's where making power isnt too hard. My previous fastest car was a UGR Gallardo. I literally spent hours talking to the engineering department, picking their brains and talking about scenarios with this car. Its not my daily driver. To me the science and math has to add up. After about 6 months i was convinced that my hard earned $8,000 dollars was going to be put to good use. I wasnt going to be bought either, i told the guys at Kratos, if im not satisfied you will hear from me. They were convinced they had a great product.

My biggest issue is DAILY driveability. I wanted to be able to get in the car and drive across texas if i wanted to. i didnt want to do any dyno magic like icing the car, or waiting for good DA's to make the numbers look great. I wanted to dyno on a typical day, same heat, same dyno, same scenario i would be in day in and day out. These were the results. this is 34psi. Ill be glad to share my bootmod3 log file with anyone. you can see my IAT's are in the low 100's. Theres no knock. The engine is not struggling.

my previous best 60-130 was 6.5 seconds on the pures. NO this isn't the best time out there. but it was mine. apples to apples.
My first run out on the Kratos i clicked off a 5.5. first run right out of the dyno. As for 1/4 mile, i haven't ran it yet so i cant give any info. Granted i don't run 1/4 mile much anyway, i do a lot of 1/2 mile roll racing so i cant say when that time will come.

All in all ASR backed up what they said. Id recommend them to anyone. I received ZERO compensation for this post. They didnt ask me to do it, and they didnt give me any discount either (trust me i asked). Im just telling you my experience with a good honest group of guys and gals that i can say im proud to own their product. Kudos to them.

PS you can add me on IG if you want to follow the car @ theedrb
Appreciate 4
      10-24-2019, 04:33 AM   #9
Mmvic
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theedrb View Post
Hi everyone, the car listed above is mine. The car is a DCT i bought brand new in 2017. I had pure Stage 2's on it prior and just didnt feel like the car made the power it could. Everyone i spoke with just kept telling me "man your cars low" but on the street it couldnt be beat. The graph you see above tells the story. In south Texas one thing we have alot of is HEAT. ALWAYS. summer time we consistently see ambient temps above 115*. with 40-50* humidity. In the early mornings its 90* by 8am with 70% humidity.

I was on the fence about the Kratos turbos for a while. A friend of mine was the one who finally convinced me. My biggest issue was "well dang im already at almost 700rwhp, how much bang am i really going to get for my buck?"

I come from Big V8's where making power isnt too hard. My previous fastest car was a UGR Gallardo. I literally spent hours talking to the engineering department, picking their brains and talking about scenarios with this car. Its not my daily driver. To me the science and math has to add up. After about 6 months i was convinced that my hard earned $8,000 dollars was going to be put to good use. I wasnt going to be bought either, i told the guys at Kratos, if im not satisfied you will hear from me. They were convinced they had a great product.

My biggest issue is DAILY driveability. I wanted to be able to get in the car and drive across texas if i wanted to. i didnt want to do any dyno magic like icing the car, or waiting for good DA's to make the numbers look great. I wanted to dyno on a typical day, same heat, same dyno, same scenario i would be in day in and day out. These were the results. this is 34psi. Ill be glad to share my bootmod3 log file with anyone. you can see my IAT's are in the low 100's. Theres no knock. The engine is not struggling.

my previous best 60-130 was 6.5 seconds on the pures. NO this isn't the best time out there. but it was mine. apples to apples.
My first run out on the Kratos i clicked off a 5.5. first run right out of the dyno. As for 1/4 mile, i haven't ran it yet so i cant give any info. Granted i don't run 1/4 mile much anyway, i do a lot of 1/2 mile roll racing so i cant say when that time will come.

All in all ASR backed up what they said. Id recommend them to anyone. I received ZERO compensation for this post. They didnt ask me to do it, and they didnt give me any discount either (trust me i asked). Im just telling you my experience with a good honest group of guys and gals that i can say im proud to own their product. Kudos to them.

I appreciate the post, the car is a monster no doubt! Are you running no meth at all now, not even for cooling?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 05:08 AM   #10
luchocamp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 BMW M2LPower

great...keep it up
instagram @luchocampusano YouTube Lucho Campusano
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 09:40 AM   #11
BB6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 G80

Quote:

What Fuel It PI Level/Set up are you running on this? I am guessing just the "Basic Kit" and the "Split Second AIC6 for Flash only application" correct? What port injectors are you running as well (550, 750, 950)?
      10-24-2019, 10:14 AM   #12
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmvic View Post
While 1/4 mile times are important, they still don't reflect real speed or power output capability of what the vehicle is capable of on the street as the track is a prepped surface with VHT. However, 1/4 mile trap speeds have a direct correlation as to how much power the vehicle is actually producing. Also, 60-130 times on the street through GPS are another proven method to provide real world data as our KRAS55Bi's have proven and shown time and time again.

As far as traction control through boost by gear is concerned, it does not work at all with both our stock engine and built engine vehicles we've tested on both R888R's and drag radials. We've discovered that the torque reduction logic does not have the capability to calculate such a rapid rate off acceleration due to such aggressive and violent wheel spinning. As a result, the DME instead shuts the throttle down completely which causes boost to oscillate from 0psi to our target boost constantly in those gears. Instead we are now working on boost by rpm to control wheel spin which we will be testing this upcoming week on our in house vehicles.
Appreciate 1
Mmvic61.00
      10-24-2019, 10:17 AM   #13
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

We appreciate the positive feedback and are humbled that our KRATOS Turbos were chosen to be part of your build!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 11:45 AM   #14
Mmvic
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB6 View Post
Quote:

What Fuel It PI Level/Set up are you running on this? I am guessing just the "Basic Kit" and the "Split Second AIC6 for Flash only application" correct? What port injectors are you running as well (550, 750, 950)?
gotta be stage 4
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 12:49 PM   #15
theedrb
Rep

Correct I am running no meth at all while running e85, not even for cooling. I have three separate tunes for the car done by F80Paul. One on straight 93, one on 93+meth and one for full e85.

I am running the Fuel it Stage 4 kit. 950cc injectors. Split second controller

Also I'm not running ANY e85 mixed with my 93. Again I wanted the car to be as real as it could be, if the numbers weren't there they weren't there. I know some people want to mix in just a gallon or two and call it "93", again these are dyno antics that I refused to do. On 93 the car dynoed just over 600rwhp FYI. 60-130 best on this setup is 6.9, in roughly 95* ambient temps with IATs hovering in the low 110s. My best 1/4 mile trap speed on 93 has been 132mph, and that's pretty consistent back to back runs.
Appreciate 2
      10-25-2019, 02:18 AM   #16
MuffinFlavored
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 MT

> On 93 the car dynoed just over 600rwhp FYI. 60-130 best on this setup is 6.9

I like how you are being honest but that isn't very fast? You were able to run a sub 5.5s 60-130 by just going 93 -> E85 on the same setup? That's insane. That's a 20% improvement

Do you think you can reach a reliable 5.2-5.3s 60-130? I don't know how but, there are people running 4.5s in this car.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 05:26 AM   #17
luchocamp
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored View Post

I like how you are being honest but that isn't very fast? You were able to run a sub 5.5s 60-130 by just going 93 -> E85 on the same setup? That's insane. That's a 20% improvement

Do you think you can reach a reliable 5.2-5.3s 60-130? I don't know how but, there are people running 4.5s in this car.
Who made 4.50 sec in F M3/M4 ? ... Not even Maximumpsi that is actual record holder has runs that ... or maybe you are talking 100 to 200 kph
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 08:14 AM   #18
TrackandTuner.com
Private
Rep
Drives: Yas Marina

Can you should me a DM for a simular set up?

reliable car is a must!

What parts need to be upgraded and price. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 09:07 AM   #19
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luchocamp View Post
Who made 4.50 sec in F M3/M4 ? ... Not even Maximumpsi that is actual record holder has runs that ... or maybe you are talking 100 to 200 kph
You are correct that Mike from Maximum PSI did hold the record for quite sometime with a 60-130 of 4.88 on slicks with his built engine, which is wickedly fast! However, we tested one of our built engine M3's at 30psi with our KRAS55Bi's which was roughly high 800whp and ran 4.61 60-130mph as well as 3.94 100-200kph. Of course this was traction limited as we were running near factory size 285/35/19 R888R's on the car at the time. This is why we decided not to keep turning the power up as traction was already an issue.

As far as a couple of cars that are running 4.5 60-130mph times, we not have seen or heard of this either. Maybe MuffinFlavored made a mistake and was referring to 100-200kph times instead, which even still is extremely fast.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sales@KRATOS; 10-25-2019 at 10:01 AM..
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2019, 05:17 PM   #20
theedrb
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored View Post

You're right, I didn't think that was very fast. However again where we live the weather really affects the cars performance. The cars start pulling timing as soon as the IATs get near 115, which isn't hard for us here.

The car gained OVER 200rwhp from 93 to e85. Insane.

I think the car can reliably do sub 5.5 sec 60-130 even in the heat here. With good DA, I'm convinced it will go sub 5's.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 08:21 PM   #21
luchocamp
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@KRATOS View Post
You are correct that Mike from Maximum PSI did hold the record for quite sometime with a 60-130 of 4.88 on slicks with his built engine, which is wickedly fast! However, we tested one of our built engine M3's at 30psi with our KRAS55Bi's which was roughly high 800whp and ran 4.61 60-130mph as well as 3.94 100-200kph. Of course this was traction limited as we were running near factory size 285/35/19 R888R's on the car at the time. This is why we decided not to keep turning the power up as traction was already an issue.

As far as a couple of cars that are running 4.5 60-130mph times, we not have seen or heard of this either. Maybe MuffinFlavored made a mistake and was referring to 100-200kph times instead, which even still is extremely fast.
great ! that 3.94 shows no traction problems at all ... need to upload on dragy that help the comunity to grow... keep it up
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 11:36 PM   #22
MuffinFlavored
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 MT

Quote:
You're right, I didn't think that was very fast. However again where we live the weather really affects the cars performance. The cars start pulling timing as soon as the IATs get near 115, which isn't hard for us here.

The car gained OVER 200rwhp from 93 to e85. Insane.

I think the car can reliably do sub 5.5 sec 60-130 even in the heat here. With good DA, I'm convinced it will go sub 5's.
how much are you “all in” on your builds? parts + labor

5.5s 60-130 is nothing to sneeze at for say... $15-$20k
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread