Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

04-09-2021, 12:21 PM   #1
antidct
Rep
Drives: M4

M4 pulling to the right + creaking/thunk noise after lowering

Hi all,

recently got my '15 F82 dropped on EMD springs at a shop, did spacers myself afterwards. As recommended by the shop, I got an alignment after around 200 miles. The car was pulling to the right before I got this alignment, but it had been doing so even before I got my springs on.

After I got my alignment done at the dealer to spec, the car still pulled to the right, and also started making a creaking noise under load (moving from stop/braking), which sometimes would be accompanied by a thunk/loud click. I took it back to the dealer for another look and they said that whoever installed the springs hadn't weighed down the car properly before installation, which caused the noise. As for the pulling issue, I did some research and it seems that this also has to do with issues originating from flawed installation.

The shop initially refused to give me a refund, claiming their installation was flawless, but I finally convinced them to take another look for no additional cost, but I am reluctant since they already fucked it up once.

Has anyone else had these issues with their springs before?

Thanks,
C
Appreciate 0