ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

01-05-2021, 03:04 PM   #1
TouringM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 6MT / '16 F31

Garage List
New (to me) BMW parts website out of Portland

Hey Pals –

A few moments ago i found out that Kuni BMW in Portland / Beaverton has a consumer-direct wholesale site for parts ordering.

I needed parts ASAP, so this saved me time and money over some other options, including forum sponsors.

HYG, may it save you $krillos:
http://bmwautopartswholesale.com/

(I bought all the rear door blinds, hooks, etc... since my donor wagon didn't have those from the factory, and thankfully my F80 has the roller-blind doorcard / window sills, so these will be easy swaps.)

Instagram: @TouringM3
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 05:00 PM   #2
WagonR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Did they let you pick it up from them, or did you still need to pay shipping? For what it's worth BMW Portland has the same thing through https://www.bmwpartslink.com/.

When I reached out to BMW Parts Link they said I could not order online and pick up from the dealer. However, I have had success printing the bmwpartslink screen shots, brining them into the dealer, and having them match those prices, but that seems to depend on who you're working with.

As an aside, both use matrix pricing for the starting in dealer/non-online prices. Which can be well above MSRP. Just picked up new exhaust hanger rubber bushings for the wife's X3. MSRP online (for both sites) $26.44, online price (for both sites) was $21.15. Was trying to get it in a hurry, so I called both to see if they had it in stock. Kuni quoted $53.XX and BMW Portland was $46.XX.
2008 E90 M3 6MT
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 06:02 PM   #3
J-Pizzle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
2018 BMW M3C  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WagonR View Post
Did they let you pick it up from them, or did you still need to pay shipping? For what it's worth BMW Portland has the same thing through https://www.bmwpartslink.com/.

When I reached out to BMW Parts Link they said I could not order online and pick up from the dealer. However, I have had success printing the bmwpartslink screen shots, brining them into the dealer, and having them match those prices, but that seems to depend on who you're working with.

As an aside, both use matrix pricing for the starting in dealer/non-online prices. Which can be well above MSRP. Just picked up new exhaust hanger rubber bushings for the wife's X3. MSRP online (for both sites) $26.44, online price (for both sites) was $21.15. Was trying to get it in a hurry, so I called both to see if they had it in stock. Kuni quoted $53.XX and BMW Portland was $46.XX.
I've noticed this discrepancy with my local dealer BMW Bellevue. When looking at BMW Performance Parts, online price was much cheaper than price when calling in to see if I can pick it up. However, when mentioning online price, they will match it.

The kicker is that they claim they offer a BMWCCA discount on parts, but only on the full MSRP. Hence they honor the online price but no CCA discount. I've seen parts go for 30-40% less with the online pricing compared to MSRP. YMMV
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 11:40 PM   #4
TouringM3
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WagonR View Post

Yup! when you get to the payment step it lets you select "local pickup". Pretty great.

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 12:02 AM   #5
icegrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringM3 View Post
Hey Pals –

A few moments ago i found out that Kuni BMW in Portland / Beaverton has a consumer-direct wholesale site for parts ordering.

I needed parts ASAP, so this saved me time and money over some other options, including forum sponsors.

HYG, may it save you $krillos:
http://bmwautopartswholesale.com/

(I bought all the rear door blinds, hooks, etc... since my donor wagon didn't have those from the factory, and thankfully my F80 has the roller-blind doorcard / window sills, so these will be easy swaps.)
Not seeing that great of pricing🤷🏼*♂️
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 10:39 AM   #6
TouringM3
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegrill View Post
Not seeing that great of pricing🤷🏼*♂️
The items i needed were about 25% off retail, so i'm not mad at all.

Appreciate 0