BPM
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

08-13-2019, 10:35 AM   #1
eyeamgrewt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Carbon fiber exterior vinyl

I had some CF vinyl laying around and decided to wrap my rear reflectors, however the vinyl wrap doesn't really match the look of the rear diffuser. I used this vinyl from Vvivid. They have a billion different versions of CF vinyl, I'm thinking about trying this one next.

Anyone have any other recommendations? The Avery Dennison high gloss one looks pretty good too.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 11:20 AM   #2
cionide
Private First Class
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP

I saw a wrap by 3M that looked VAGUELY like CF but you are never going to get the same effect. It's an expensive car - don't cheap out, use the real stuff.
      08-13-2019, 12:20 PM   #3
eyeamgrewt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cionide View Post
I saw a wrap by 3M that looked VAGUELY like CF but you are never going to get the same effect. It's an expensive car - don't cheap out, use the real stuff.
My plan is to just pick up either the color matched ones, or the Acexxon ones, but I had CF laying around and gave it a try and it looks pretty good, so figured why not- CF vinyl is cheap so if it still doesn't look great, I'm out $15. Plus, with BSM, they kinda blend in anyway and you have to get close to tell it's CF and not just color matched.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 08:24 PM   #4
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '19 Alpine White BMW M4 (F82)

I saw the 3M one in person, the gloss and dry...I'm not a fan of either. I was going to wrap my roof in carbon fiber since I have the sunroof, decided to go with gloss black.

3M Glossblack has a orange peel texture, don't use it. Avery is smoother.