Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

09-20-2023, 11:32 AM   #1
tommyd76
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Convertible (f83)

F83 Won't Recognize When Partition Is Down

I recently opened my convertible top and heard a "pop" sound. So I closed it back up again and noticed the little plastic bracket on the right side of the partition had come apart. This has happened before and I usually just take the plastic cover and pop it back into place. However, this time I noticed that a small square shaped metal piece had also come loose. I figured it was the piece that lets the partition sensor detect that the partition is down so that the top can be safely lowered. When I attempted to put it back into place, I dropped it into the car and cannot get to it. I've reached out to a couple of part suppliers, and it seems that the only option is to buy an entire replacement partition piece (Part No. 51477284157) for upwards of $300. The little metallic clip that I need can cost more than $5-$10. Any ideas on how I can get the little metal piece without having to purchase the entire partition? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking that a scrap yard is probably my best option.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 11:47 AM   #2
EuroLove27
SonoChick
Rep
Drives: 2015 F83

Did you ever figure this out? I recently had the same issue and the same little square metal piece fell out I just don't know from where and how to replace it.
Appreciate 0