ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

View Poll Results: Eventuri or MSR
Eventuri 101 36.86%
MSR 48 17.52%
I don't pay M-Tax 39 14.23%
I don't believe they make any power 86 31.39%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

12-16-2015, 12:05 PM   #45
Kr3st
Wheel Whore
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Bump.

Where you at Nate!?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2015, 05:07 PM   #46
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

We did conduct some preliminary testing at AMS.

Eventuri improves on the OE BMW design in several areas:
  • The airflow within the piping is cleaned up by minimizing bends and smoothing transitions.
  • The post air filter airbox volume is re-shaped into a funnel, designed to create a smooth transition into the intake piping itself.
  • Air is routed from the front of the car to the airboxes directly, supplying cold air at a velocity that increases with vehicle speed.

One of the key points of the design and construction of a good aftermarket intake, is that it provides a forced air element that was not available from BMW.

To simulate that forced air element properly, you need a hell of a fan. We found that the airspeed with our current fan setup was not significant, and are unfortunately back to the drawing board for a while. I'd like to see us rent a fan setup that generates at least 70mph airspeed, but will need to do a bit of shopping with local suppliers to see if this is possible.

Imran did have a properly put together fan setup at his facility in the UK, so I'll let him chime in with at least his own test results, for now.
      12-16-2015, 05:16 PM   #47
stranger
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Would an rpi air ram not give the same affect?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2015, 05:17 PM   #48
IND-Distribution
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger View Post
Would an rpi air ram not give the same affect?
Not quite, as the original BMW airboxes remain in that setup. The Eventuri parts are designed to work with one another.
      12-16-2015, 05:38 PM   #49
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: All of them

As someone else asked earlier in this thread how can we possible measure the difference an intake makes on the dyno due to a lack of realistic airflow we provided details of our dyno fan which you can see here if you missed it:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=32

The OEM BMW system draws ambient air in from behind the grill area - it is not forced or directed to the airboxes.

The Eventuri Intake scoops direct a lot of extra air to the airbox and this is an important function for the effectiveness of the Eventuri kit.

This is demonstrated by this video:

Here is the full set of runs on stock airbox vs Eventuri Intake on a BMW M4 with a Akra Evolution Exhaust (no downpipes) with stock ECU running 93 Octane fuel.

For completeness these are all 3 runs stock vs all 3 runs with the intake with around 30 seconds rest in between each run with fan running. Testing done as close as possible with airbox swapped over whilst the car was still strapped on the dyno.

These figures are in crank bhp but it is the delta we are concerned with. I will pull up the same graphs in whp when I get a chance.

We will also provide some on the road MAF airflow vs IAT datalogs for stock airbox vs Eventuri intake shortly.
Appreciate 2
      12-16-2015, 05:58 PM   #50
m3less
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 AY M4

Thanks Imran!! This data is much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2015, 08:06 PM   #51
M4 CSL
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Awesome Imran, thanks for that video.

As I suspected from the start of this thread. Eventuri and MSR Work for a reason.

They are true CAI and Not a HAI like the pod on a stick, in the engine bay, sucking hot air.

Nate needs to get his car out and have a side by side run with George at MSR.

12-16-2015, 08:24 PM   #52
AM4ZING
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 MW/SO 6MT, E46 M3 AW/IR 6MT

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
For $3k, I'm not sold on the gains of either. To me it looks like you're paying for eye candy which is fine but to buy the intakes for power gains is dumb...

Add 2 more grand and you have yourself a Pure stage 2 turbo kit... If you're actually looking to spend money for power
      12-16-2015, 09:28 PM   #53
M4 CSL
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM4ZING View Post
For $3k, I'm not sold on the gains of either. To me it looks like you're paying for eye candy which is fine but to buy the intakes for power gains is dumb...

Add 2 more grand and you have yourself a Pure stage 2 turbo kit... If you're actually looking to spend money for power
Of course I am buying them for 1. Eye Candy & Sound.

But I can't decide which of the two I like best. All else being equal, I want to see which produces more power.

No one is claiming buy a intake for Turbo power. My car has plenty of power.

What it lacks is, looks and seriously lacks sounds. (I think all F8X sound like crap. They should have put the TT V8 on it. The akra made it sound a lot better, but its still not a comparitable sound to any V8 and bnever will be. So hoping some turbo and intake noises will make it better again.)

Comparing the cost of one mod to something outside the category is dumb to me.

I never bought the full akra thinking I could get the Ohlins for that. Or I could get BBS F1's for that.

I will get something from all of the categories, eventually. I only need one exhaust system. Akra was it. I only need one intake.....and one set of wheels.

I have always found it cheaper in the long run to get the good one first up.

Then there is no second guessing, or buyers remorse. No up for sale to try to recoup money and then pay more and be out of pocket to finally get the one you really wanted. That seems a waste of time and energy.

I might be different, and thats ok, but I just anti up and get the good one and put that problem to bed and move onto the next category.
Ibiza3596.00
      12-16-2015, 10:16 PM   #54
M4 CSL
Captain
Australia
Rep

Just to even up the eye Kandy.
      12-16-2015, 11:52 PM   #55
GeordieMike
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW F82 M4 DCT

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Having just bought the Eventuri Intake recently, I can confirm that this thing is a thing of absolute beauty! The CF weave is beautiful.

IMO nothing can beat this in terms of eye candy!

Mike
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2015, 02:25 AM   #56
stranger
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeordieMike View Post
Having just bought the Eventuri Intake recently, I can confirm that this thing is a thing of absolute beauty! The CF weave is beautiful.

Mike
Any chance you did a before and after dyno?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 03:38 AM   #57
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM4ZING View Post

The Eventuri is much closer to $2k than $3k and is made up of many high quality pre preg carbon parts and machined aluminium parts.

People spend double or triple that on exhaust systems for noise and different tailpipes that add the same/less power.

At the end of the day its down to personal preference. I don't think this product is competing with hybrid turbos.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 03:48 AM   #58
stranger
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post

People spend double or triple that on exhaust systems for noise and different tailpipes that add the same/less power.
this is the statement that keeps coming up. I am waiting for independent dyno data to compare as no one else has been able to get any where near the gains you claim
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 04:05 AM   #59
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeordieMike View Post

Mike
I agree

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 04:38 AM   #60
GeordieMike
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW F82 M4 DCT

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Any chance you did a before and after dyno?
Not yet, They havent been fitted as of yet. Will try to get a before and after though.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 04:58 AM   #61
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
this is the statement that keeps coming up. I am waiting for independent dyno data to compare as no one else has been able to get any where near the gains you claim
I wasn't aware anyone else has tested it.

Who has dyno tested it with a fan providing correct airspeed and not been able to replicate the gains we have seen? Can you provide a link?

If you look at any product we have provided dyno testing data for we have never been found to provide inaccurate data. It would be stupid for us to do this now for the sake of profit.

Eventuri has only been around for 1 year although the people involved in it have been in the industry for many years. No one is in a rush to sell the product. It will prove itself over time in real world conditions like 60-130 MPH, 1/2 mile events etc.

Leaving power aside a rear exhaust can cost more than $3k and provide no extra power. This has been the true on most M cars. The point I'm making is that it is acceptable to that money for sound and aesthetics.

Here is the Audi RS4/RS5 Intake which we tested on an independent Dyno Jet. This system is sealed so takes in air exactly the same way as the OEM system so the fan speed is not as critical. All our intakes are based on the same venturi principle facilitated by the patent pending housing. In fact the Audi system using the same filter housing as the M4/M3 system.

Runs 1-6 are with stock airbox.
Runs 7-12 are with Eventuri.

Best stock vs best Eventuri

The kit in the red Carbon/Kevlar hybrid material.

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 05:07 AM   #62
singh21
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve
Quote:

Who has dyno tested it with a fan providing correct airspeed and not been able to replicate the gains we have seen? Can you provide a link?

If you look at any product we have provided dyno testing data for we have never been found to provide inaccurate data. It would be stupid for us to do this now for the sake of profit.

Eventuri has only been around for 1 year although the people involved in it have been in the industry for many years. No one is in a rush to sell the product. It will prove itself over time in real world conditions like 60-130 MPH, 1/2 mile events etc.

Leaving power aside a rear exhaust can cost more than $3k and provide no extra power. This has been the true on most M cars. The point I'm making is that it is acceptable to that money for sound and aesthetics.

Here is the Audi RS4/RS5 Intake which we tested on an independent Dyno Jet. This system is sealed so takes in air exactly the same way as the OEM system so the fan speed is not as critical. All our intakes are based on the same venturi principle facilitated by the patent pending housing. In fact the Audi system using the same filter housing as the M4/M3 system.

I think stranger meant other brands intake kits have shown no gains
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2015, 06:44 AM   #63
stranger
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh21 View Post
I think stranger meant other brands intake kits have shown no gains
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2015, 08:26 AM   #64
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post

Great looking intakes for sure, but your example is of a Naturally Aspirated V8. The twin-turbo S55 i6 will react to intakes completely differently. It isn't hard to make power with an intake on a N/A engine.

IG and Twitter: @CaryTheLabelGuy
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 08:41 AM   #65
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 CSL View Post
Still trying to decide on size. Would like to have them custom coloured to Mineral Grey to match the car. What do you think? The HRE P101 have a Gloss Charcoal which is very close.
P101 >>> FI-R

I'm with you on the intakes tho. I would be an Eventuri if we find out they make good power. I wish the red which I would want wasn't $750 more. Not sure why it's so much more seems excessive.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 08:51 AM   #66
Kr3st
Wheel Whore
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
I've been trying to get pricing on them for a while asking for DM's on IG... :\