R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

05-19-2018, 03:00 PM   #1
Seniorleb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 SO M4 ZCP

Cool The new Audi RS3 is an A45 killer!

This is one if not the best small sports sedan ever made and I am coming from an A45 AMG

PROS

- Great Engine and power, tons of torque from very low RPM 2000 very linear power and almost no lag
- amazing interior and material used from CF, Alcantara and NAPA, super well build quality
- Exterior is really modern and futuristic, the LED lights are cool, I wish they had the Matrix as the option
- The sound of the engine and exhaust from inside and outisde is mesmerizing and very addictive, it makes all other competition from A45 AMG, focus RS, Golf R and even the new 718 Cayman GTS sounds so boring..

CONS

- No Memory seats like other Audi models and even other same category brands
- I feel some lag in auto mode, I prefer to use the M mode which makes the experience better
- The central screen is too small,they should have included a option for bigger and wider one
- The body fenders should be wider and meaner
- the graphics in the central screen are not so good!
- The navigation sound (very German manly man) is annoying

I think the RS3 is the best in its category, it offers tons of performance and does sacrifice any comfort! look, sounds great and it is very well equipped 4/5 Stars
For full review check my video on YouTube —-> link below

Last edited by Seniorleb; 05-20-2018 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 2
GERMAN M34181.00
mcc3456332.00
      05-19-2018, 08:59 PM   #2
uniqueMR
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ...

Nice video man, great
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 09:22 AM   #3
Seniorleb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne911 View Post
Great video
Thanks bro
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 09:25 AM   #4
Seniorleb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueMR View Post
Nice video man, great
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 09:55 AM   #5
AlexZTuned
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '17 AMG C63S Coupe

Except this one's not a hatch...
Appreciate 1
CanAutM321113.50
      05-20-2018, 10:32 AM   #6
Seniorleb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned View Post
Except this one's not a hatch...
haha so true my best friend called me and told me the same!
Appreciate 2
CanAutM321113.50
      05-21-2018, 11:35 AM   #7
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seniorleb View Post
haha so true my best friend called me and told me the same!
In reality, the RS3 sedan should be compared to the AMG CLA45. While the AMG A45 is the RS3 hatchback rival.

Since you tested the RS3 sedan, simply change your thread title to "...CLA45 killer" and you're all set .

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 08:37 PM   #8
Aapparition90
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 lci m3 mw

Garage List
2014 bmw 328i  [0.00]
2012 bmw 328i  [0.00]
The pre facelift rs3 hatch had heaps of pops and bangs..... what happened to all that ?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 05:55 AM   #9
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 Nissan Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aapparition90 View Post
The pre facelift rs3 hatch had heaps of pops and bangs..... what happened to all that ?
Because emissions
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 05:10 AM   #10
Seniorleb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
Because emissions
It is a shame really! Cause the previous one was so much louder and aggressive as seen in my review below:

Appreciate 1
      05-23-2018, 09:42 AM   #11
SocalBM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT3

Love the car. Love the hatch (wagon, ideally, but we all know those are a dying breed) and it would be a perfect daily driver. But...it's auto only. For me, that's a huge shame. Just like Mercedes, I just don't have any desire to buy their cars with autos. Saps the fun.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 01:52 PM   #12
Seniorleb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalBM View Post
Love the car. Love the hatch (wagon, ideally, but we all know those are a dying breed) and it would be a perfect daily driver. But...it's auto only. For me, that's a huge shame. Just like Mercedes, I just don't have any desire to buy their cars with autos. Saps the fun.
I do agree with u but where we lives here most of the roads are highways or very congested roads (like LA) so a manual will be hustle and pain for a daily driver! surprisingly the old 7 Auto still works great but the 9 Speed in the RS5 is amazing
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2018, 06:29 PM   #13
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Not every one wants a manual. Here in Dubai the traffic is just horrific I definitely don't want a manual in such traffic, you'd hate it after a few days of driving 2 hours in bumper to bumper traffic.

Don't get me wrong, I love manual cars, it's more fun and engaging but if you're gonna have to have an automatic, at least BMW and Audi have very good DCT with fast shifts, kinda like the best of both worlds.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 06:44 PM   #14
Habber
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
The "auto in a performance car because of traffic" doesn't make sense to me.

If you're stuck in traffic for 2 hours every day, why would you get a performance car at all? You're better off with an SUV or something that gives you more comfort/space etc.

You can't push the car every minute however the times that you can, a manual is far more engaging (for me at least).
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 07:22 PM   #15
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post

If you're stuck in traffic for 2 hours every day, why would you get a performance car at all? You're better off with an SUV or something that gives you more comfort/space etc.

You can't push the car every minute however the times that you can, a manual is far more engaging (for me at least).
Because many including me don't have the luxury of owning more than one car and still want to have a performance car for those times when we drive when it's not rush hour. Thus, a DCT is the perfect transmission for me.

Let's not turn this into a DCT vs Manual discussion. That horse has beaten to death so badly it's not fun anymore. you want a manual, go buy a manual and leave us the heck alone
Appreciate 1
Fuller1216.50
      05-23-2018, 08:49 PM   #16
Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Quote:
Not every one wants a manual. Here in Dubai the traffic is just horrific I definitely don't want a manual in such traffic, you'd hate it after a few days of driving 2 hours in bumper to bumper traffic.

Don't get me wrong, I love manual cars, it's more fun and engaging but if you're gonna have to have an automatic, at least BMW and Audi have very good DCT with fast shifts, kinda like the best of both worlds.
I can understand the merits of automatics (including slushboxes and dual clutches) being faster, smoother quicker, etc., but have never bought the traffic excuse.

I've been driving manual cars for almost 30 years through much worse than "2 hours in bumper to bumper" in high heat, rain, freezing rain and the worse of snow storms and no problem.

The only time when I've a the tiniest bit of reservation in traffic was when it was a constant and long uphill. In such cases, you're riding the clutch more than usual which is not ideal for clutch wear. Other than that, shifting is 2nd nature, I don't think about it and don't tire of it.
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2018, 10:22 PM   #17
Habber
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
Quote:
Quote:

Because many including me don't have the luxury of owning more than one car and still want to have a performance car for those times when we drive when it's not rush hour. Thus, a DCT is the perfect transmission for me.

Let's not turn this into a DCT vs Manual discussion. That horse has beaten to death so badly it's not fun anymore. you want a manual, go buy a manual and leave us the heck alone
Every major city has traffic so that excuse is what's beaten to death.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 08:47 AM   #18
SocalBM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT3

Quote:

Maybe that's the case for some people. But, I tend to just think the whole world has gotten lazier and lazier over the generations (which we all know is true). I'm not asking for the car to be exclusively manual. I'm asking for the OPTION; the CHOICE.

Auto makers being auto-only mean they won't be on my list of cars to buy. That completely eliminates Mercedes, Audi, Lexus, etc. It's a shame because they make good cars that are otherwise interesting. But, for a performance car to ONLY be auto is ridiculous.

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 10:40 AM   #19
Seniorleb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Maybe that's the case for some people. But, I tend to just think the whole world has gotten lazier and lazier over the generations (which we all know is true). I'm not asking for the car to be exclusively manual. I'm asking for the OPTION; the CHOICE.

Auto makers being auto-only mean they won't be on my list of cars to buy. That completely eliminates Mercedes, Audi, Lexus, etc. It's a shame because they make good cars that are otherwise interesting. But, for a performance car to ONLY be auto is ridiculous.

Audi won't includes it in the RS3 and the RS5 because of weight savings, their cars are already heavier than the competitors and the Quattro also adds tons of weight!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 11:39 AM   #20
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:

Why drive a sporty car at all in traffic? Because I feel like it. That's why, and I don't really care what some old curmudgeons online might think about it. If you enjoy feeling special while you demonstrare your superior heel and toe skills, then go for it.
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2018, 11:50 AM   #21
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
Quote:

I can understand the merits of automatics (including slushboxes and dual clutches) being faster, smoother quicker, etc., but have never bought the traffic excuse.

I've been driving manual cars for almost 30 years through much worse than "2 hours in bumper to bumper" in high heat, rain, freezing rain and the worse of snow storms and no problem.

The only time when I've a the tiniest bit of reservation in traffic was when it was a constant and long uphill. In such cases, you're riding the clutch more than usual which is not ideal for clutch wear. Other than that, shifting is 2nd nature, I don't think about it and don't tire of it.
This must be the modern version of, "I used to walk to school in the rain, snow, and sleet, uphill in both directions".

Listen, nobody is asking you to "buy" the excuse about operating a clutch in heavy traffic. In fact, nobody offered any excuse that I saw. Someone merely stated their reason for appreciating modern auto transmissions. If you don't agree, fine, life goes on. I won't lose any sleep because you disagree, nor will I make any effort to convince you otherwise.
Appreciate 1