Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Closed Thread

03-02-2019, 11:57 PM   #23
phorbes
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2CS

Terrible blue. Just like any other navy blue. Lexus blue, Toyota blue, Acura blue. They're all tones of navy blue.

Booooorrriiiinnngggg

If I came home with that blue my wife would disown me
NickyC17473.50
      03-03-2019, 01:51 AM   #24
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorbes View Post
Terrible blue. Just like any other navy blue. Lexus blue, Toyota blue, Acura blue. They're all tones of navy blue.

Booooorrriiiinnngggg

Your wife should disown you based on your response to this thread.
TimmyM56241.50
PDM5150.00
doug_9992541.50
M3GymNut907.50
mathys202.50
      03-03-2019, 06:53 AM   #25
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Quote:

Booooorrriiiinnngggg

I think that is his second language called sarcasm :-)
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 07:51 AM   #26
RoundelM3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
SMB is great - a shade or two lighter/brighter than my Tanzanite, but I love both colors.

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 11:35 AM   #27
phorbes
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Booooorrriiiinnngggg

Yas Marina is a unique and beautiful blue. A true blue, not an ocean blue / navy blue or any other JC Penney color option you have for your $29.99 pair of Jeans.

People with style compliment the YMB constantly. You get thumbs up from the hot girl driving next to you.

San Marino will bring you that old man who wears socks and sandals. The one who wears pants 2 sizes too big or wears a headband at the gym but can't figure out how to use the equipment he's supposed to be working out with - this is the man that will tell you it's a beautiful color... which it is on it's own, perhaps for a flower pot or your dogs frisbee?

Once you realize who is complimenting the color and how different the crowd is from those trendy beautiful people who compliment the YMB, you'll know right then and there that your car color is anything but cool.

I will say this though, if you're like the guy I described above then you've absolutely made the right choice.

I'd prepare yourself to drive to work everyday with a face of disappointment.

Think about it.
Attached Images

NickyC17473.50
Prossx293.00
      03-03-2019, 11:38 AM   #28
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Booooorrriiiinnngggg

OP had a Yas Marina M3 and that is a unique and beautiful blue. A true blue, not an ocean blue / navy blue or any other JC Penney color option you have for your $29.99 pair of Jeans.

People with style compliment the YMB constantly. You get thumbs up from the hot girl driving next to you.

San Marino will bring you that old man who wears socks and sandals. The one who wears pants 2 sizes too big or wears a headband at the gym but can't figure out how to use the equipment he's supposed to be working out with - this is the man that will tell you it's a beautiful color... which it is on it's own, perhaps for a flower pot or your dogs frisbee?

Once you realize who is complimenting the color and how different the crowd is from those trendy beautiful people who complimented your YMB, you'll know right then and there that your car color is anything but cool.

I will say this though, if you're like the guy I described above then you've absolutely made the right choice.

Think about it.
Man, I need the name of your dealer. (Not for cars)
akkando5863.00
IB M2782.00
GERMAN M34181.00
doug_9992541.50
      03-03-2019, 11:40 AM   #29
EricSMG
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

The best F8X blue is Tanzenite in my opinion. Super dark, rich and metallic.

YMB is actually my least favorite - cool color but not for a car. Reminds me of LSB which, as stated earlier, can really get into the awkward zone quickly.

Current - 2022 540XI M Sport, BSM/Black
Sold - many M3s and an M4
Appreciate 1
Mthrice106.00
      03-03-2019, 11:41 AM   #30
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
OP had a Yas Marina M3 and that is a unique and beautiful blue. A true blue, not an ocean blue / navy blue or any other JC Penney color option you have for your $29.99 pair of Jeans.

Once you realize who is complimenting the color and how different the crowd is from those trendy beautiful people who complimented your YMB, you'll know right then and there that your car color is anything but cool.

Think about it.
This guy is a troll and a clown.
Appreciate 6
BMWM5NYC496.00
drexplode1780.50
IB M2782.00
paliknight2191.50
doug_9992541.50
      03-03-2019, 11:53 AM   #31
phorbes
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Quote:

Think about it.
Not trolling. Giving some perspective outside of the usual "omg it's a beautiful color - the best blue, unbelievable, the best of the best ocean blue"

The point is, it's a terrible blue for a performance car.

Go to a Porsche meet and look at the guys who drive the sapphire blue ones. You can pick them out from a mile away.

It's like the recently divorced 50 year old trying to dance with 30 year old ladies in a downtown club.

Just, no.
NickyC17473.50
DML967.50
      03-03-2019, 11:59 AM   #32
Dogz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Ford Focus

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Think about it.
Not trolling. Giving some perspective outside of the usual "omg it's a beautiful color - the best blue, unbelievable, the best of the best ocean blue"

Go to a Porsche meet and look at the guys who drive the sapphire blue ones. You can pick them out from a mile away.

It's like the recently divorced 50 year old trying to dance with 30 year old ladies in a downtown club.

Just, no.
I love this, lol
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 12:06 PM   #33
blinkme323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

I've gotten more compliments on my SMB in a week than I got on my YMB in two plus years. Can't go wrong with either though, both fantastic IMO.
      03-03-2019, 12:21 PM   #34
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

SMB M3 CS is the best looking sedan I've ever seen.

Saw one on a sunny day beside a Lime Rock Grey. The Grey was underwhelming and not very attractive in those conditions. Didn't do the M3 body any favors. Based on photos thought I'd really like the Lime Rock too... 2c.

Appreciate 3
IB M2782.00
Sassicaia4453.00
doug_9992541.50
      03-03-2019, 02:36 PM   #35
Hymiet
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Think about it.

Just, no.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Think about it.

Just, no.
Good lord, I don't think I've ever went into mental gymnastics like that over a car color. I live in south Florida so I'm outshined by neon green Lamborghinis and old people in Bentley's anyway. I'm married with 3 kids and could honestly give a shit less who likes it. Just wanted owner impressions. YMB is not my thing..... I'm just a gear head with kids. :
Appreciate 4
paliknight2191.50
GERMAN M34181.00
SMGCFP584.50
doug_9992541.50
      03-03-2019, 02:43 PM   #36
Dogz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hymiet View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Think about it.

Just, no.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Think about it.

Just, no.
Good lord, I don't think I've ever went into mental gymnastics like that over a car color. I live in south Florida so I'm outshined by neon green Lamborghinis and old people in Bentley's anyway. I'm married with 3 kids and could honestly give a shit less who likes it. Just wanted owner impressions. YMB is not my thing..... I'm just a gear head with kids. :
Can I interest u in a nice metallic gray Honda Pilot ex? Just kidding I'm in same lifestyle....
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 04:52 PM   #37
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Yas Marina is a unique and beautiful blue. A true blue, not an ocean blue / navy blue or any other JC Penney color option you have for your $29.99 pair of Jeans.

Once you realize who is complimenting the color and how different the crowd is from those trendy beautiful people who compliment the YMB, you'll know right then and there that your car color is anything but cool.

Think about it.
YMB? That's all I needed to know....
Appreciate 3
paliknight2191.50
IB M2782.00
Mthrice106.00
      03-04-2019, 12:14 AM   #38
phorbes
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:

Think about it.
YMB? That's all I needed to know....
      03-04-2019, 12:36 AM   #39
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post
I've gotten more compliments on my SMB in a week than I got on my YMB in two plus years. Can't go wrong with either though, both fantastic IMO.
You made that up. Either that or your YMB sat in the garage all that time.

Phorbes pretty much owning the thread too. We're not saying SMB is terrible, but it's definitely for older people compared to YMB.

lol

Last edited by NickyC; 03-04-2019 at 12:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 02:17 AM   #40
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post
You made that up. Either that or your YMB sat in the garage all that time.

Phorbes pretty much owning the thread too. We're not saying SMB is terrible, but it's definitely for older people compared to YMB.

lol
That's very subjective. SMB is a standard color now on a car that's marketed to a younger demographic. It's also on a performance version of a performance car. You won't see many 60-80 year olds with an M3CS on the track.

YMB is BMWs attempt at having a wannabe Mexico blue that failed epically.

SMB speaks for itself. Search the forum and you'll easily find SMB winning practically every comparison poll. You and phorbes (wouldn't be surprised if same person) are likely the only two on this forum that think SMB is for old people.

There's a reason SMB is one of the best colors on an M car for resale value and YMB is even worse than Austin yellow for resale value.
      03-04-2019, 06:48 AM   #41
SMGCFP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F82 M4 '23 G05 x40i MSport

As an owner of a SMB M4, I am biased. I love the color. It can look purple on some days, and very blue on most days. With that said, I wear blue everyday, have blue sneakers, am a Dallas Cowboys fan (blue), Yankees fan (blue), Duke Blue Devils fan (blue), NY Rangers fan (blue).

Someone said you have to love blue to love this color. I love blue. My E92 was Interlagos, and I wanted Interlagos for the F82, but was denied. I think SMB is even better.

Go Blue!
Appreciate 1
IB M2782.00
      03-04-2019, 06:49 AM   #42
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

I’ve had SMB on my 4CS since October and while I do love the colour, it doesn’t “wow” me like it seems to the majority of people.

For me it was the best CS colour available but otherwise I wouldn’t have picked it.
In hindsight I wish I’d gotten lime rock.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 06:59 AM   #43
Dogz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinv6 View Post
I’ve had SMB on my 4CS since October and while I do love the colour, it doesn’t “wow” me like it seems to the majority of people.

For me it was the best CS colour available but otherwise I wouldn’t have picked it.
In hindsight I wish I’d gotten lime rock.
Frozen getting no love....
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 07:02 AM   #44
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davem2c View Post
Frozen getting no love....
Personally not a fan of frozen paints as I like a shiny car
Appreciate 1