INDustry distribution
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

04-11-2018, 06:12 AM   #89
kurai
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82_Bavaria View Post
Hi everyone, i am Chris from Germany (Bavaria straight next to BMW HQ) and i won a 10/2015 M4. in one week i get the latest update of the whole car at my local bmw dealer. But after that i wanted to get the GTS flash. Is it possible to remotely flash my car ?

I have a good friend of mine with a laptop and every software and the newest updates, but he never flashed different firmware from different cars.

I hope you guys can help me out. Thank you very much.

Chris
Hi Chris,

Yes, it's possible. Contact on WhatsApp: +44 7985 232 591.

Kind regards,
Henry
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 06:13 AM   #90
AnthonyR
Major
England
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 - M4

Quote:
Hi everyone, i am Chris from Germany (Bavaria straight next to BMW HQ) and i won a 10/2015 M4. in one week i get the latest update of the whole car at my local bmw dealer. But after that i wanted to get the GTS flash. Is it possible to remotely flash my car ?

I have a good friend of mine with a laptop and every software and the newest updates, but he never flashed different firmware from different cars.

Chris
Quote:

Chris
Hi Chris, yes Henry can do a remote service and I believe he has done that for many people. Send him a message so you can sort it out
      04-11-2018, 07:26 AM   #91
F82_Bavaria
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4 Coupe DKG

Thank you guys, i will contact him.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 02:16 PM   #92
jamesportan
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4 comp

Just wanted to give an alternative to all this as everyone seems to have skipped the seemingly obvious path to fixing drivability issues with their 60k+ RRP car..

Recently had my 67 plate M4 CP updated by BMW to latest stock software and it has completely changed the car in many of the ways described in the thread so far regarding GTS software
(They also replaced the carbon prop shaft and parts of the diff under warranty since they were bad/broken)

Car was awful before -
Jerking/kangarooing in 1st gear
Slamming gears in when changing up - to the point of throwing the back end out sometimes
Lazy going 1st to reverse and back again
Jerky/snatchy setting off slowly when parking
Awful setting off quickly from standstill

All of this has been sorted by the software update and prop/diff being fixed

That being said I am still tempted by GTS updates, but firstly - don't just assume problems are down to software when so many of these cars have diff and propshaft issues and years worth of software updates waiting, and don't assume you need to pay someone for special software when BMW might be able to sort it for you for free
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 10:15 AM   #93
MikeM4CP
Rep
Drives: Bmw M4 Comp

Anyone had GTS flash done on M4 CP from a main dealer?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 06:28 PM   #94
t5pilot
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM4CP View Post
Anyone had GTS flash done on M4 CP from a main dealer?
They can't do it. They obviously have all the files & software for every vehicle, but when a cars plugged into their system it will only allow that cars specific software to be updated.
      03-09-2019, 03:58 AM   #95
mbj666
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 CP - Frozen Black

hi all i have a june 2018 m4 CP anyone moved from CP to the GTS software at all an noticed any difference (only thing that sounds useful if not just snake oil is getting the power down smoother as tend to find mine traction control all ways nannying/twitching going up 2nd 3rd an 4th going full beans unless really really dry hot/sunny day)
Appreciate 1
scottc610.00

03-09-2019, 07:13 AM   #96
fertech
Beast M ode
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Go for the THOR Flasher and you are able to flash CS or GTS or reflash to CP whenever you like. For me with 2017 CP DCT and a friend of mine 2016 CP 6MT it makes a big difference, better traction and more grip, less nannying, smoother gear changes with DCT, steering in Sport and Sport+ is perfect now. You are getting a more refined MDM mode, THOR will come up with an EDC update also - for me the perfect way to go.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 11:52 AM   #97
Tengocity
Lieutenant General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M4 CP/330e/Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbj666 View Post
hi all i have a june 2018 m4 CP anyone moved from CP to the GTS software at all an noticed any difference (only thing that sounds useful if not just snake oil is getting the power down smoother as tend to find mine traction control all ways nannying/twitching going up 2nd 3rd an 4th going full beans unless really really dry hot/sunny day)
Yes, I've got a CP car and have the full GTS software. I've found a very noticeable improvement in the steering, gearbox, throttle and traction. Well worth it and bargain for what it costs.
      03-10-2019, 03:47 AM   #98
mbj666
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurai View Post
Hi Chris,

Yes, it's possible. Contact on WhatsApp: +44 7985 232 591.

Kind regards,
Henry
hi henry i am interested in the GTS software if you could give a bit of info in how it works (in cumbria so am guessing would need to be remote)

thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 10:18 AM   #99
mbj666
Private
Rep

well pulled the trigger on the full GTS flash, 2019 software upgrade an bang & olaf software, all setup remotely today ready just need damned cable to arrive monday to can get it finished roll on monday.................................
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 05:50 PM   #100
mbj666
Private
Rep

Quote:
well pulled the trigger on the full GTS flash, 2019 software upgrade an bang & olaf software, all setup remotely today ready just need damned cable to arrive monday to can get it finished roll on monday.................................
had the GTS flash done tonight an been for quick spin

immediately noticed in sports+ steering still heavy but felt lighter felt better connected to road, biggest difference has been much improved traction even in wet/damp conditions and not getting the gear slam that would set traction control off

early days but def made it better to drive faster

will report back with more info when spent more time with it
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 04:42 AM   #101
Slips
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Sakhir

Quote:
had the GTS flash done tonight an been for quick spin

immediately noticed in sports+ steering still heavy but felt lighter felt better connected to road, biggest difference has been much improved traction even in wet/damp conditions and not getting the gear slam that would set traction control off

early days but def made it better to drive faster

will report back with more info when spent more time with it
Look forward to what your report on your GTS flash.

My warranty runs out end of month and prob not renewing so will be modding the M3, just put off a little by the hassle of going modified insurance but I suppose it will work out cheaper than changing the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 04:57 PM   #102
mbj666
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slips View Post
Look forward to what your report on your GTS flash.

My warranty runs out end of month and prob not renewing so will be modding the M3, just put off a little by the hassle of going modified insurance but I suppose it will work out cheaper than changing the car.
mine still in warranty so aware bit of risk with dealer (next service not due for another 11k miles and seen a number of other guys been to their dealer without issue post gts flash) but went for gts flash as main reason was fed up with traction control constantly kicking in and ruining the experience

so far main things i have noticed especially given the bumpy typically wet cumbrian/lake district roads (ranked in order of what i noticed the most):

massive difference in getting power down for me with traction control only coming in when car really twitching but even then far far less invasive (recognise this has been my experience in wet/rainy conditions only so far)

next is the reduced gear change slam (when on no.3 setting) is far smoother and doesn't as a result constantly unsettle car and again give traction issues/nannying

steering although still heavy in sports plus feels lighter/faster to turn when at speed which to me helped give much better road/car feedback than previously

finally noticed gear change quicker especially going into or out of reverse back to drive

hopefully helps other peeps out anyway
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 06:11 AM   #103
TheMaster1971NL
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyR View Post
I had my M4 flashed with the GTS performance flash:

? M4 GTS DCT Performance Flash - (MASSIVELY reduced kangaroo gear changes especially in sports and sports+ modes). Big difference putting the power down more! Also changes the tone of your exhaust to sound sportier and deeper on stock untuned engine. On competition pack cars and custom burble remapped tuned cars, your burbles will change to match the M4 GTS burbles.
? GTS Electronic Power Steering *Stiffens steering for better control/handling with more advanced power assist, especially during hydroplanning.
? GTS Traction Control *More slip in MDM before power is cut and allows better traction control settings, improved drifting characteristics.
? GTS Rear Differential *Improved take off from the line, more control, better cornering. Straight line launch control and take off.

The drive will be extremely optimised comparable to the M4 GTS as it's OEM software ??
It feels much smoother and responsive.
All done by a fellow M4 owner ?

Here are the two cars:
What about the fact that a standard M3/M4 has no waterinjection?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 06:17 AM   #104
kurai
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster1971NL View Post
What about the fact that a standard M3/M4 has no waterinjection?
Hi there,

The software doesn't take that into consideration as we are not flashing the OEM GTS 'Engine' software. We are upgrading the other components found in both standard F8x and GTS/CS.
Appreciate 1
AnthonyR185.00

03-22-2019, 10:14 AM   #105
propete1031
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Hi will this GTS flash change engine / exhaust noise also? As in louded, more burbles, cracks and pops etc?
      03-22-2019, 11:47 AM   #106
Vergis
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Get the GTS Steering and Chassis flashed GTS and CS traction control. Then your ready to go. Best of all worlds.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 03:25 PM   #107
kurai
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by propete1031 View Post
Hi will this GTS flash change engine / exhaust noise also? As in louded, more burbles, cracks and pops etc?
Yep.

✅ M4 GTS DCT Performance Flash - (MASSIVELY reduced kangaroo gear changes especially in sports and sports+ modes). Big difference putting the power down more! Also changes the tone of your exhaust to sound sportier and deeper on stock untuned engine. On competition pack cars and custom burble remapped tuned cars, your burbles will change to match the M4 GTS burbles.

✅ GTS Electronic Power Steering
*Stiffens steering for better control /handling with more advanced power assist, especially during hydroplanning.

✅ GTS Traction Control *More slip in MDM before power is cut and allows better traction control settings, improved drifting characteristics.

✅ GTS Rear Differential *Improved take off from the line, more control, better cornering. Straight line launch control and take off.

Henry
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 04:18 PM   #108
t5pilot
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP

I would advise people thinking of doing this to search previous posts in relation to the above poster & the 'service' he offers. That's all I'm going to say. Everything you need to form your own opinion is available to view within the forum.
      10-19-2019, 06:36 PM   #109
2018M3DC
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 (F80)

Henry - Can you Flash a car in the USA remotely

Hi Henry - Im interested in the complete GTS flash package you offer however i live on the east coast USA. Can you do this remotely? I have a ENET ODB2 cable and USB ODB2 cable already. also IOm about to get the upcoming Dinan DME Flash +HE (beta tester) which is going public in November 2019. Can you confirm if what you do is compatible with the Dinan +HE Flash to the DME which adds about 68 WHP. Thanks in advance.

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 07:02 PM   #110
ASRman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 competition 2018

Please use due diligence and do a search on Henry/Kurai before purchasing his services. As you should with any tuner/aftermarket company. It's an expensive car afterall.
Appreciate 0