HRE Wheels
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-07-2016, 08:29 PM   #23
hdubf80
Captain
hdubf80's Avatar
United_States
123
Rep
627
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80 ///M3 AW/SO/DCT
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Irvine CA

iTrader: (0)

1.) Will you be able to control the exhaust valves with the tune?
2.) Will the power display gauges increase?
3.) Is the DCT flash included in this?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2016, 09:43 PM   #24
Liquid2.0T
Lieutenant
United_States
249
Rep
516
Posts

Drives: MW ZCP F80
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Does this tune eliminate CEL's from running a catless DP. You know, at the track...
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 09:43 AM   #25
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
proTUNING Freaks's Avatar
3287
Rep
1,599
Posts


Drives: powered by bootmod3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: www.protuningfreaks.com | www.bootmod3.com

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Yes.

OK, so it's not quite ready yet is what I'm hearing. Dang, I was going to be able to get some shop time tomorrow!

*edit* maybe I'm still off, but actually it sounds like what you're saying is YES, if he can tune from his own tables, he can program my car and I can use bootmod3 to extract and save the tune? This is what I'm looking for, as he's been talking about making multiple maps... E85 vs 100 octane, etc. And then be able to switch among the maps as needed with the bootmod3 agent/software.
You got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Cool - get an unlocker in GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoTalent View Post
For anyone interested in this in the Los Angeles and surrounding area feel free to PM me or email Golan@AutoTalent.com


Quote:
Originally Posted by hdubf80 View Post
1.) Will you be able to control the exhaust valves with the tune?
2.) Will the power display gauges increase?
3.) Is the DCT flash included in this?
- Exhaust valve control is in testing
- Power display gauges are/can be scaled yes
- DCT flash is included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid2.0T View Post
Does this tune eliminate CEL's from running a catless DP. You know, at the track...
Yes, off road use only.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2016, 04:37 PM   #26
hdubf80
Captain
hdubf80's Avatar
United_States
123
Rep
627
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80 ///M3 AW/SO/DCT
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Irvine CA

iTrader: (0)

Any full length reviews available?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2016, 05:29 PM   #27
apexit
Captain
United_States
212
Rep
973
Posts

Drives: 15 SO M3
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: northern nj

iTrader: (-1)

You mentioned having to be connected to your cloud for some features. What features wouldn't work if I were in an area with 0 cellular reception/ wifi?

how much e85 have you or users been able to use before fueling upgrades?

Is there a video to see the app features somewhere?

lastly, I know you don't need to run a JB4 with this but why can you? From what I understand its to run absolute boost target maps but isn't that one of the big upsides of a flash vs a piggyback? Aside from map switching which isn't a big selling point to me because I would only care for an e85 map and a pump map so an extra $150 isn't a huge deal.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3097.50

      11-09-2016, 05:55 PM   #28
mrgicm
Lieutenant
mrgicm's Avatar
120
Rep
415
Posts

Drives: BMW M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NA

iTrader: (0)

any review jb4 vs bootmod3 ots stage2?
as I understand the OTS stg2 is faster?
Appreciate 1
FSociety3097.50

      11-09-2016, 08:50 PM   #29
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
proTUNING Freaks's Avatar
3287
Rep
1,599
Posts


Drives: powered by bootmod3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: www.protuningfreaks.com | www.bootmod3.com

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit View Post
You mentioned having to be connected to your cloud for some features. What features wouldn't work if I were in an area with 0 cellular reception/ wifi?

how much e85 have you or users been able to use before fueling upgrades?

Is there a video to see the app features somewhere?

lastly, I know you don't need to run a JB4 with this but why can you? From what I understand its to run absolute boost target maps but isn't that one of the big upsides of a flash vs a piggyback? Aside from map switching which isn't a big selling point to me because I would only care for an e85 map and a pump map so an extra $150 isn't a huge deal.
You need internet access for all bm3 features today with one exception. If you log in to the app where you have internet access and start the live dash while there, and then start driving, your dash will continue to work if you lose internet access as it sends data over the local network between the app and the agent (laptop or device) from the time it starts, not through your internet connection. Does that make sense?

E85 OTS map testing is in beta and we've gone with full E85 on some cars while some stay with ~E50 for fuel mileage reasons as going full E85 doesn't really provide much of an advantage over E50 performance wise especially in a daily driven car.

Not sure I understand the JB question entirely but our take on the JB is that its a great auxiliary/secondary system that provides features to the DME which it may not have from the factory such as secondary PI fuel control for instance where using an AIC fuel controller for instance on its own provides less configurability than using a JB4 in tandem with an AIC.

As for the E85 map, additional OTS maps for the S55 are now just $50 for the N55, $100 for the S55 and $150 for the S63TU.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3097.50

      11-09-2016, 11:13 PM   #30
apexit
Captain
United_States
212
Rep
973
Posts

Drives: 15 SO M3
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: northern nj

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
You need internet access for all bm3 features today with one exception. If you log in to the app where you have internet access and start the live dash while there, and then start driving, your dash will continue to work if you lose internet access as it sends data over the local network between the app and the agent (laptop or device) from the time it starts, not through your internet connection. Does that make sense?

E85 OTS map testing is in beta and we've gone with full E85 on some cars while some stay with ~E50 for fuel mileage reasons as going full E85 doesn't really provide much of an advantage over E50 performance wise especially in a daily driven car.

Not sure I understand the JB question entirely but our take on the JB is that its a great auxiliary/secondary system that provides features to the DME which it may not have from the factory such as secondary PI fuel control for instance where using an AIC fuel controller for instance on its own provides less configurability than using a JB4 in tandem with an AIC.

As for the E85 map, additional OTS maps for the S55 are now just $50 for the N55, $100 for the S55 and $150 for the S63TU.
So not even logging works without a conncetion?

If I'm understanding the JB4 response it would really only be used if I were to run PI to act as an interpreter of some sort o=for the AIC? Other than that it's just if I want to use some of the specific features like boost by gear and meth?

I've reached out to a local shop. If they don't respond I may just mail you the ECU. Has anyone posted a DIY for removing it?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 09:55 AM   #31
julithehero
Enlisted Member
6
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: 17 BMW M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
You need internet access for all bm3 features today with one exception. If you log in to the app where you have internet access and start the live dash while there, and then start driving, your dash will continue to work if you lose internet access as it sends data over the local network between the app and the agent (laptop or device) from the time it starts, not through your internet connection. Does that make sense?

E85 OTS map testing is in beta and we've gone with full E85 on some cars while some stay with ~E50 for fuel mileage reasons as going full E85 doesn't really provide much of an advantage over E50 performance wise especially in a daily driven car.

Not sure I understand the JB question entirely but our take on the JB is that its a great auxiliary/secondary system that provides features to the DME which it may not have from the factory such as secondary PI fuel control for instance where using an AIC fuel controller for instance on its own provides less configurability than using a JB4 in tandem with an AIC.

As for the E85 map, additional OTS maps for the S55 are now just $50 for the N55, $100 for the S55 and $150 for the S63TU.
So not even logging works without a conncetion?

If I'm understanding the JB4 response it would really only be used if I were to run PI to act as an interpreter of some sort o=for the AIC? Other than that it's just if I want to use some of the specific features like boost by gear and meth?

I've reached out to a local shop. If they don't respond I may just mail you the ECU. Has anyone posted a DIY for removing it?
A DIY for removing the DME is a must
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 10:19 AM   #32
applesauce683
Second Lieutenant
186
Rep
246
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: MD

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by julithehero View Post
A DIY for removing the DME is a must
Enzo Performance has a PDF for removal. And if you search on Youtube you can find a series of videos. It really is an easy process.

https://enzoperformance.com/wp-conte...-M3-M4-335.pdf
Appreciate 1
FSociety3097.50

      11-10-2016, 04:51 PM   #33
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
proTUNING Freaks's Avatar
3287
Rep
1,599
Posts


Drives: powered by bootmod3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: www.protuningfreaks.com | www.bootmod3.com

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit View Post
So not even logging works without a conncetion?

If I'm understanding the JB4 response it would really only be used if I were to run PI to act as an interpreter of some sort o=for the AIC? Other than that it's just if I want to use some of the specific features like boost by gear and meth?

I've reached out to a local shop. If they don't respond I may just mail you the ECU. Has anyone posted a DIY for removing it?
At the moment all features need a connection with the exception explained in the previous post.

JB4 is great for PI as it has closer integration with the DME than any other secondary system on the market that can control conventional injectors. DME has boost by gear built in. Its actually part of the stock map as well For instance, 3rd gear boosts less in midrange than 4th which boost targets less than 5th. You also have boost by 'mode' so you could effectively have map switching in the factory DME These map switch features are still in testing with us to see how to make best use of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce683 View Post
Enzo Performance has a PDF for removal. And if you search on Youtube you can find a series of videos. It really is an easy process.

https://enzoperformance.com/wp-conte...-M3-M4-335.pdf
Appreciate 3
FSociety3097.50
apexit212.00

      11-11-2016, 08:02 AM   #34
Jaymax85
Addicted to Speed.
Jaymax85's Avatar
United_States
685
Rep
2,403
Posts

Drives: m3 zcp, macan GTS, f15 x5
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: 'Murica

iTrader: (5)

BM3 stage 1 review http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1323529

My initial impressions
__________________
2017 991.2s
2015 F15 35i
2017 Macan gts
Appreciate 1
FSociety3097.50

      11-12-2016, 02:27 AM   #35
EBM4
Lieutenant
77
Rep
489
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M4
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: San Ramon CA

iTrader: (3)

Gents,

I may have missed this as I have been slammed with work and other items the last few weeks but have there been any Pure Turbo OTS maps generated for CA 91 Octane? If so any stats. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2016, 06:44 PM   #36
iamvietness
Colonel
United_States
211
Rep
2,139
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Plano, TX

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to iamvietness
Any plans for a tuner in the dallas area?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 07:58 AM   #37
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
proTUNING Freaks's Avatar
3287
Rep
1,599
Posts


Drives: powered by bootmod3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: www.protuningfreaks.com | www.bootmod3.com

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLOimJ View Post
BM3 stage 1 review http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1323529

My initial impressions


Quote:
Originally Posted by EBM4 View Post
Gents,

I may have missed this as I have been slammed with work and other items the last few weeks but have there been any Pure Turbo OTS maps generated for CA 91 Octane? If so any stats. Thanks
We don't have any dyno numbers but there are a number of Stage 2 Pure Turbo cars running around on that ACN 91 octane there. For ACN 91 we always lower ignition timing so some power is lost due to that but the turbos are more efficient than stock so they compensate for that drop and make a bit more power for the same boost levels. ACN 91 leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamvietness View Post
Any plans for a tuner in the dallas area?
None at this time but if you know of a great BMW indy shop in the area we'd be happy to discuss with them and get them onboard.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 11:24 PM   #38
cookiesowns
;)
cookiesowns's Avatar
Taiwan
412
Rep
743
Posts

Drives: M2C 6MT, 535i N54, X3 N55
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
At the moment all features need a connection with the exception explained in the previous post.

JB4 is great for PI as it has closer integration with the DME than any other secondary system on the market that can control conventional injectors. DME has boost by gear built in. Its actually part of the stock map as well For instance, 3rd gear boosts less in midrange than 4th which boost targets less than 5th. You also have boost by 'mode' so you could effectively have map switching in the factory DME These map switch features are still in testing with us to see how to make best use of them.




When testing is complete on the map switch feature will the XDF's be defined for use in RomRaider or TunerPRO for those that want to tweak?

Also, since it's been posted that OTS maps from PTF are locked, would it be possible to map switch between the OTS map, and say my own custom map that I develop for track use?

Would it be possible to work something out where an end-user can have an unlocked version of the OTS map say under an NDA instead of going back to PTF each time for customization?

Ultimately it would be great for end-user's that are enthusiasts but aren't necessarily "pro calibrators" if they can start off with a good solid OTS map and build own maps for torque management, or say exhaust profiles..

My F80 ZCP 6MT comes soon, and I'm still debating the JB4, or BM3. Warranty is important to me, but either way it seems I will be when it comes to warranty work..

Datalogging and self-customization capabilities are really important to me. I also want to be able to plot my own dataplots to integrate with data say from a Solo or Solo DL.

Edit: Any chance for live tuning capabilities?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 01:51 PM   #39
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
proTUNING Freaks's Avatar
3287
Rep
1,599
Posts


Drives: powered by bootmod3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: www.protuningfreaks.com | www.bootmod3.com

iTrader: (0)

UPDATE: New version of the bm3 agent software is up on Dropbox (link listed above in the OP). Upgrade is recommended.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 01:57 PM   #40
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
proTUNING Freaks's Avatar
3287
Rep
1,599
Posts


Drives: powered by bootmod3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: www.protuningfreaks.com | www.bootmod3.com

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesowns View Post
When testing is complete on the map switch feature will the XDF's be defined for use in RomRaider or TunerPRO for those that want to tweak?

Also, since it's been posted that OTS maps from PTF are locked, would it be possible to map switch between the OTS map, and say my own custom map that I develop for track use?

Would it be possible to work something out where an end-user can have an unlocked version of the OTS map say under an NDA instead of going back to PTF each time for customization?

Ultimately it would be great for end-user's that are enthusiasts but aren't necessarily "pro calibrators" if they can start off with a good solid OTS map and build own maps for torque management, or say exhaust profiles..

My F80 ZCP 6MT comes soon, and I'm still debating the JB4, or BM3. Warranty is important to me, but either way it seems I will be when it comes to warranty work..

Datalogging and self-customization capabilities are really important to me. I also want to be able to plot my own dataplots to integrate with data say from a Solo or Solo DL.

Edit: Any chance for live tuning capabilities?
There's a lot going on on the XDF front across all the different motors as well as a number of new software features that will enable both tuners/shops and advanced end users willing to experiment with tuning on the car.

One great source of tuning info for before/after for instance for you to learn against will be looking at say a non-ZCP M4 and a ZCP, factory tunes, and see what BMWs approach was to tuning them and you can take it further from there incrementally.

Define 'warranty'
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 05:00 PM   #41
M-terkait
Major
M-terkait's Avatar
Kuwait
189
Rep
1,241
Posts

Drives: F30 335i 3/13
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kuwait

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
UPDATE: New version of the bm3 agent software is up on Dropbox (link listed above in the OP). Upgrade is recommended.
does this include raspberry pi updates ? does it run same software as laptop ?
__________________
Docrace 6266
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 05:04 PM   #42
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
proTUNING Freaks's Avatar
3287
Rep
1,599
Posts


Drives: powered by bootmod3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: www.protuningfreaks.com | www.bootmod3.com

iTrader: (0)

The same software runs on both the laptop and device. PDF instructions now also include instructions on updating the device. In a nutshell you just transfer the new file over using SFTP.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 09:01 PM   #43
chewbakam4
Captain
chewbakam4's Avatar
558
Rep
905
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Malton

iTrader: (0)

Just got the agent update loaded on my device. That was easy and instructions were really great and straightforward. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2016, 12:20 AM   #44
cookiesowns
;)
cookiesowns's Avatar
Taiwan
412
Rep
743
Posts

Drives: M2C 6MT, 535i N54, X3 N55
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
There's a lot going on on the XDF front across all the different motors as well as a number of new software features that will enable both tuners/shops and advanced end users willing to experiment with tuning on the car.

One great source of tuning info for before/after for instance for you to learn against will be looking at say a non-ZCP M4 and a ZCP, factory tunes, and see what BMWs approach was to tuning them and you can take it further from there incrementally.

Define 'warranty'
That's good news, but you've avoided my question about the OTS maps Maybe once I get the car, I'll send you guys a PM.

That's true, but that means someone needs to cough up a non-ZCP bin

Warranty... Well just general issues, I guess first step is to find a nice SA/CA that doesn't care about mods..

I hope XDF's and BIN's will be posted around soon enough, would love to be able to start understanding the DME based on what's exposed until the car gets here.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST