EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-22-2017, 11:18 AM   #23
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venjo View Post
Download the app, plugin the cable, select the tune, press flash. Done. And cheaper as well i guess
Once bm3 has unlock its same thing. Bm3 flashes faster though. Price is a wash but if you count in you can transfer your license with bm3 then it could be cheaper too so whatever. bm3 gives you all features and map at start which makes it seem more expensive. Bm3 also have iPhone support and wireless flashing since the beginning and you can also use your laptop and Android too.
So you're saying you like BM3, got it.
Appreciate 1
      12-22-2017, 12:51 PM   #24
torn08
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93 335i

So I had tribella tune my n54 and would love him to tune my new baby but he will only tune stacked with jb. So who are the go to guys for standalone tuning on mhd?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2017, 03:32 PM   #25
MHD Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Germany
Rep

Drives: M2 # M3 # M135i # 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly1types View Post
This is exciting and sounds a lot easier than Boootmod3.

Any dynos?
In January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rif75 View Post
Hello Martial

Not possible to have a 100% e85 map? Seems that the S55 with dual HPFP can handle it
Alessandro the goal of the e50 is to run e50 to straight e85. I know how e85 is cheaper than pump in France lucky you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
Once bm3 has unlock its same thing. Bm3 flashes faster though. Price is a wash but if you count in you can transfer your license with bm3 then it could be cheaper too so whatever. bm3 gives you all features and map at start which makes it seem more expensive. Bm3 also have iPhone support and wireless flashing since the beginning and you can also use your laptop and Android too.
I checked the BM3 and for the starting price you get one OTS map (not sure about octane variants). iOS support will come one we have the MHD wireless OBD2 adapter. Do you count as wireless having a laptop and ethernet cable? or you mean the $300 raspberry PI unit that is wired to the OBD2 plug?
Aside from ease of use. The biggest differentiators will be OTS maps and features, as both tools can upload the same maps as long as you consider a non modified ROM. With MHD installed you can already log channels that are directly read from RAM such as timing corrections, active torque limiters 1-2-3, or the axis values of the compressor table. And we will add assembler mods to add non OEM features such as true flexfuel (based on a sensor reading), on the fly map switch and some others in the pipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torn08 View Post
So I had tribella tune my n54 and would love him to tune my new baby but he will only tune stacked with jb. So who are the go to guys for standalone tuning on mhd?
Pureboost (since he writes the MHD OTS maps on his M4 DCT and has tuned some of the biggest upgraded turbos F8x builds in Europe). Wedge performance, Twisted tuning to name a few.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2017, 06:42 PM   #26
M3anPower
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

For those who entered the bmw community after release of F8X can you guys educate us more about MHD? it's my first time I hear about MHD but seems they know what they are doing.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2017, 07:25 PM   #27
nars3000
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '17 M3 ZCP, '18 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1990 View Post
For those who entered the bmw community after release of F8X can you guys educate us more about MHD? it's my first time I hear about MHD but seems they know what they are doing.
You can read more about MHD here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/search...rchid=53471471

There are lots of N54ers and N55ers who swear by them, and they're fairly popular in the EU market.

There's a 700+ HP F80 that was tuned via MHD even before the OBD unlock option came into fruition.

See: https://goo.gl/EeDwFm
Appreciate 2
M3anPower165.00
MHD Tuning1581.50

12-22-2017, 08:47 PM   #28
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuLoOoSki View Post
Congrats on the release, another good option for F8X owners.

Out of curiosity, how does your solution go about the unlocking process? Is it the same as what everyone else has been doing with the recent release of OBDII unlock solutions or have you guys found a different method?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD Tuning View Post
Everyone is using the same hack, there is no doubt about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
You can read more about MHD here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/search...rchid=53471471

There are lots of N54ers and N55ers who swear by them, and they're fairly popular in the EU market.

There's a 700+ HP F80 that was tuned via MHD even before the OBD unlock option came into fruition.

See: https://goo.gl/EeDwFm
Quote:
Pureboost (since he writes the MHD OTS maps on his M4 DCT and has tuned some of the biggest upgraded turbos F8x builds in Europe). Wedge performance, Twisted tuning to name a few.
It is clear that you are just a fanboy that likes to run his mouth without knowing or understanding what your are talking about.

1. MHD does not supply the tunes. In the case of the 700hp, Pureboost tuned the car and not MHD. And btw, numerous other tuners such as proTUNING Freaks , Halim@HCP and Terry @ BMS to name just a few, have achieved that YEARS ago.

2. MHD themselves claim that their unlock solution is using the same hack as everyone else. So MHD did not accomplish anything regarding OBD unlock (nor did any other tuner here). So I'm not sure what your point is when you say they had a 700HP tuned M4 before OBD unlock release

3. Tuning via MHD and OBD unlock are two separate things that have nothing to do with each other. You do realize that MHD could have had that car unlocked via a bench flash and then tuned it via MHD Flasher right? Or they might have possibly unlocked it via OBD using MHD Flasher during the testing period prior to official release of this "generic" hack that everyone has been using.
FSociety3093.00

12-22-2017, 09:12 PM   #29
chewbakam4
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
I checked the BM3 and for the starting price you get one OTS map (not sure about octane variants). iOS support will come one we have the MHD wireless OBD2 adapter. Do you count as wireless having a laptop and ethernet cable? or you mean the $300 raspberry PI unit that is wired to the OBD2 plug?
Aside from ease of use. The biggest differentiators will be OTS maps and features, as both tools can upload the same maps as long as you consider a non modified ROM. With MHD installed you can already log channels that are directly read from RAM such as timing corrections, active torque limiters 1-2-3, or the axis values of the compressor table. And we will add assembler mods to add non OEM features such as true flexfuel (based on a sensor reading), on the fly map switch and some others in the pipes.
I was responding to the other guy talking instashit on bm3 not bashing you. You talk a lot about future stuff and argue based on that but anyone can do that. I was just talking about his comment about cheaper. Cheaper when it supports less makes sense. That device for 300 you know they tell people you can make it yourself too and many people do? I bought mine as the difference in money to make it myself or just get from them wasnít worth it for me as Iím not techy at all but for many it makes sense to make themselves. You plug it in and I keep it in the footwell. I havenít seen the thing in over 8 months at least. Its tucked away and all flashing and logging done over wifi.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3093.00

12-22-2017, 10:06 PM   #30
nars3000
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It is clear that you are just a fanboy that likes to run his mouth without knowing or understanding what your are talking about.

1. MHD does not supply the tunes. In the case of the 700hp, Pureboost tuned the car and not MHD. And btw, numerous other tuners such as proTUNING Freaks , Halim@HCP and Terry @ BMS to name just a few, have achieved that YEARS ago.

2. MHD themselves claim that their unlock solution is using the same hack as everyone else. So MHD did not accomplish anything regarding OBD unlock (nor did any other tuner here). So I'm not sure what your point is when you say they had a 700HP tuned M4 before OBD unlock release

3. Tuning via MHD and OBD unlock are two separate things that have nothing to do with each other. You do realize that MHD could have had that car unlocked via a bench flash and then tuned it via MHD Flasher right? Or they might have possibly unlocked it via OBD using MHD Flasher during the testing period prior to official release of this "generic" hack that everyone has been using.
You either need to get laid, or invest in reading comprehension skills, because there's a big difference when saying tuned VIA (what I said) MHD, and tuned BY (not what I said) MHD. How dense can you really be if you think I don't know what MHD is. LOL

Helping forum members get the information they're looking for is my only motive here. Go ahead and dig through my recent posts, and point out any fanboynism from my end. You may even learn how it's like to help instead of attacking other community members... But honestly, don't even waste your time, because I don't care about your feelings, or whatever personal vendetta you may have against me.

Please DO NOT continue to derail this thread with your hate. PM me directly, and we can take it from there.
Appreciate 2
      12-22-2017, 11:15 PM   #31
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
You either need to get laid, or invest in reading comprehension skills, because there's a big difference when saying tuned VIA (what I said) MHD, and tuned BY (not what I said) MHD. How dense can you really be if you think I don't know what MHD is. LOL

Helping forum members get the information they're looking for is my only motive here. Go ahead and dig through my recent posts, and point out any fanboynism from my end. You may even learn how it's like to help instead of attacking other community members... But honestly, don't even waste your time, because I don't care about your feelings, or whatever personal vendetta you may have against me.

Please DO NOT continue to derail this thread with your hate. PM me directly, and we can take it from there.
My apologies if my use of language seemed like an attack. And although it's appreciated that you want to help the community, but the point still remains that your statement that I had highlighted has no value. What does it mean or where is the accomplishment when there was a car tuned to 700hp via MHD before OBD unlock release? So I do understand the difference between via and by, my point again was where is the accomplishment when that car was tuned via MHD to 700hp? MHD did not figure out the hack for OBD unlock and nor did they tune the car themselves. They simply provided a tool, which has been around for some time now, i.e. nothing new.

MHD definitely has it's advantages don't get me wrong (and I'm sure it's a great tool otherwise it wouldn't have been so popular on other platforms), but nothing of what you said gives them credit to those things.

I have no personal "vendetta" against you as I don't know you LOL. But sometimes posts such as this (and previous ones from your "OBD Flash Tuning is cool, but I'm sticking w/ JB4 (Map 2)" thread) where it's clear that the person doesn't really understand what they're talking about don't help anyone other thank skew them from the facts.

Last edited by BuLoOoSki; 12-22-2017 at 11:21 PM..
Appreciate 1
FSociety3093.00

12-22-2017, 11:57 PM   #32
nars3000
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My apologies if my use of language seemed like an attack. And although it's appreciated that you want to help the community, but the point still remains that your statement that I had highlighted has no value. What does it mean or where is the accomplishment when there was a car tuned to 700hp via MHD before OBD unlock release? So I do understand the difference between via and by, my point again was where is the accomplishment when that car was tuned via MHD to 700hp? MHD did not figure out the hack for OBD unlock and nor did they tune the car themselves. They simply provided a tool, which has been around for some time now, i.e. nothing new.

MHD definitely has it's advantages don't get me wrong (and I'm sure it's a great tool otherwise it wouldn't have been so popular on other platforms), but nothing of what you said gives them credit to those things.

I have no personal "vendetta" against you as I don't know you LOL. But sometimes posts such as this (and previous ones from your "OBD Flash Tuning is cool, but I'm sticking w/ JB4 (Map 2)" thread) where it's clear that the person doesn't really understand what they're talking about don't help anyone other thank skew them from the facts.
Upon second thought, you're actually right about me being a fanboy, and that would be me being a fan of HELPING others. That's about it.

I didn't know I had to get your approval on what information I'm allowed to share on a public forum. Are you really this dense that you think I care about promoting MHD or JB4 over bootmod3, HEX, BPM, and so on? You really need to interact with people more, because it's clear that you lack in analytical skills, but yet you're so quick to paint the picture about another person that you yourself admit to not know by the slightest bit. I feel for those who are forced to deal with you in real life.

I think I see where all this tension is coming from now. Correct me if I'm wrong again, but my gut tells me that you didn't like being corrected in another thread in a detailed and polite fashion by someone who apparently doesn't know what they're talking about

Like I said, please don't derail this thread any further by making this more about you and I. This will be my last response to you. PM me as I previously requested, so you can tell me how much you're really hurting inside. Just kidding! I don't need to hear about your personal issues, but do reach out if you have anything sensible you'd like to discuss in private.

Have a good evening!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 12:21 AM   #33
BoxKing
I Rock Your Girls Box
Rep
Drives: M4 F82 ZCP AW

All I could say is; where was MHD these past few years, and all of a sudden they want to promote their tune... I'll only trust BM3 or HEX
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 11:19 AM   #34
dr.roro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F32 435i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxKing View Post
All I could say is; where was MHD these past few years, and all of a sudden they want to promote their tune... I'll only trust BM3 or HEX
True, MHD is just getting into the F series now and starting their beta testing, but they've been around for almost 3 years and extremely popular on the E series, even still releasing updates for the E series to this day.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1096247
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1318714
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 12:11 PM   #35
quattr0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i DD, 991.2 weekend toy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxKing View Post
You misunderstand MHD main goal...a device to flash whatever maps/custom tunes you want to have without opening up/bench flash your ECU. They do have their own OTS maps but you don't have to use those maps if you don't want to. Ever heard of COBB? Similar provider.

It's all about convenience and it also comes with some great features/add-ons. I'm a long time user of MHD and Martial is great guy to deal with!!! (Very prompt with email response). I use MHD to load my backend flash/custom tune in conjunction with JB4 as boost controller on n54. Some folks swear I do not need jb4 but I'm happy with my tune. You could do the same on F8x cars soon.
Appreciate 1
MHD Tuning1581.50

12-24-2017, 03:01 AM   #36
Twisted Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by torn08 View Post
We can do custom tuning for pretty much whatever you can throw. We are fairly local to you as well
Appreciate 1
      12-24-2017, 07:35 AM   #37
TurboSid
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 MW/SO ZCP

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Can CaryTheLabelGuy put his full e-85 tune on MHD?

I never had it on my n54 cars but heard nothing but great things.

2017 MW/SO M4 ZCP [CURRENT]
2015 MW/SO M4 M-DCT FBO [SOLD] ē 2011 AW/CR 335is DCT FBO [SOLD] ē 2008 AW/CR 335i 6MT FBO [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2017, 09:05 AM   #38
Twisted Tuning
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattr0 View Post
You misunderstand MHD main goal...a device to flash whatever maps/custom tunes you want to have without opening up/bench flash your ECU. They do have their own OTS maps but you don't have to use those maps if you don't want to. Ever heard of COBB? Similar provider.

It's all about convenience and it also comes with some great features/add-ons. I'm a long time user of MHD and Martial is great guy to deal with!!! (Very prompt with email response). I use MHD to load my backend flash/custom tune in conjunction with JB4 as boost controller on n54. Some folks swear I do not need jb4 but I'm happy with my tune. You could do the same on F8x cars soon.
Yea, jb4 is not needed. But if you're happy with it to each their own.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2017, 05:16 PM   #39
mpower2
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe

My car is already tuned. How can I get MHD on it?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2017, 06:57 PM   #40
Twisted Tuning
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower2 View Post
My car is already tuned. How can I get MHD on it?
If you don't care about the tune that's on there. Just flash MHD over it. Assuming you had your DME unlocked?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2017, 10:15 PM   #41
reirei725
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport

The packs you purchase says includes stage 1 and stage 1+ but I don't see any figures for the stage 1+. Is this only for other models?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2017, 12:45 PM   #42
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '16 f80, '87 e30, '00 BB6

Garage List
2008 135is  [4.75]
2010 Cooper S  [5.00]
1991 318is  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to AchtungF80
Am I missing anything?

Is the S55 flasher app still in beta as I don't see it on Play store.
Tried e-mailing mhd but no reply yet.
      12-27-2017, 12:59 PM   #43
Twisted Tuning
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchtungF80 View Post
Am I missing anything?

Is the S55 flasher app still in beta as I don't see it on Play store.
Tried e-mailing mhd but no reply yet.
You need to get manually added to the beta in order to take part of it. If you emailed MHD. Be patient.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2017, 01:01 PM   #44
4everkidd
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venjo View Post
What for a stupid reply. The beta is ongoing since long time with dme unlock. Better check the n54 mhd stuff before you reply such a nonsense...
Quote:
Everyone is using the same hack, there is no doubt about that.
Venjo to reiterate my point... Maybe you should stick with the N54 forums as I really could care less about that platform.

Another copy and paste product data post with no dyno backup and a resulting thread full of Tune-fan-boys.
Appreciate 0