Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-02-2014, 12:51 AM   #639
Maddict3
Major
Maddict3's Avatar
158
Rep
1,293
Posts

Drives: 2015 991 GT3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

I love my new M4 and I've always preferred the looks and driving dynamics of BMW but I'm really excited to see what mercedes brings with this new C63.
__________________
2015 Porsche 991 GT3 Sapphire Blue Metallic
2015 BMW F80 M3 Silverstone Metallic
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 03:00 PM   #640
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
ybbiz34's Avatar
479
Rep
4,958
Posts

Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict3 View Post
I love my new M4 and I've always preferred the looks and driving dynamics of BMW but I'm really excited to see what mercedes brings with this new C63.
What the new 4.0L biturbo V8 sounds like (skip to 48 seconds in):

__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
Review of F82 M4: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1008143
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #641
ixse
Major
234
Rep
1,023
Posts

Drives: 2015 boxster s
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

lol i think some of that last vid is to mock bmw..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 12:22 AM   #642
e39>all
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
228
Posts

Drives: 09 335i sedan
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixse
lol i think some of that last vid is to mock bmw..
Crap Merc 1 BMW 0


I was waiting for them to show a Lawnmower or leaf blower
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 11:00 PM   #643
Maddict3
Major
Maddict3's Avatar
158
Rep
1,293
Posts

Drives: 2015 991 GT3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
What the new 4.0L biturbo V8 sounds like (skip to 48 seconds in):

Sounds really cool. I was scrolling on the merc boards yesterday and Its so funny to see how much people on there are hating on the new M cars
__________________
2015 Porsche 991 GT3 Sapphire Blue Metallic
2015 BMW F80 M3 Silverstone Metallic
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 11:20 PM   #644
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
ybbiz34's Avatar
479
Rep
4,958
Posts

Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict3 View Post
Sounds really cool. I was scrolling on the merc boards yesterday and Its so funny to see how much people on there are hating on the new M cars
Active Sound is really getting hammered (partially due to a lack of understanding).

It's funny though, on those boards I defend BMW M and the new F80/F82 M3/M4 as vigorously as I would defend the W204/W205 here.

I just happen to love both brands equally.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
Review of F82 M4: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1008143
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 11:39 PM   #645
e39>all
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
228
Posts

Drives: 09 335i sedan
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict3 View Post
Sounds really cool. I was scrolling on the merc boards yesterday and Its so funny to see how much people on there are hating on the new M cars
Active Sound is really getting hammered (partially due to a lack of understanding).

It's funny though, on those boards I defend BMW M and the new F80/F82 M3/M4 as vigorously as I would defend the W204/W205 here.

I just happen to love both brands equally.
Lol, u have busy jobs then. Glutton for punishment like me
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 01:26 AM   #646
Maddict3
Major
Maddict3's Avatar
158
Rep
1,293
Posts

Drives: 2015 991 GT3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Active Sound is really getting hammered (partially due to a lack of understanding).

It's funny though, on those boards I defend BMW M and the new F80/F82 M3/M4 as vigorously as I would defend the W204/W205 here.

I just happen to love both brands equally.
Def lack of understanding since the Active Sound is what 2-3%? I personally love the way the car sounds.

I think I did notice you defending the new M3/M4 a few times, are you that guy with the small picture of a silver c63 sedan?
__________________
2015 Porsche 991 GT3 Sapphire Blue Metallic
2015 BMW F80 M3 Silverstone Metallic
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 08:35 AM   #647
JTO24
Got an 8:30 res at Dorsia
JTO24's Avatar
United_States
2290
Rep
4,232
Posts

Drives: 2018 AW M2 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Jersey

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Active Sound is really getting hammered (partially due to a lack of understanding).

It's funny though, on those boards I defend BMW M and the new F80/F82 M3/M4 as vigorously as I would defend the W204/W205 here.

I just happen to love both brands equally.
I view mbworld's w205 c63 forum often and saw you defend the M against that dude with the CLA45.. great job!

I'm interested in both cars as well. Seeing that the E63 was quicker around the track in that lightning test just recently posted, I'm curious to see how the C63 stacks up!

I'm a big fan of the new M for many reasons (lighter, manual option, wide body work, cf bits, drove great when I drove Lup's car lol) but I feel a black c63 with that engine and improved dynamics would be menacing and classy all at the same time.
__________________
CURRENT: 2018 F87 M2 6MT | Alpine White | Exec.
GONE: 2016 981 Cayman 6MT | Jet Black | X73 Sport Suspension
2015 F80 M3 DCT | Tanzanite Blue | Gold Brown | OEM+
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black | OEM+
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 12:27 PM   #648
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10892
Rep
15,285
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
I view mbworld's w205 c63 forum often and saw you defend the M against that dude with the CLA45.. great job!

I'm interested in both cars as well. Seeing that the E63 was quicker around the track in that lightning test just recently posted, I'm curious to see how the C63 stacks up!

I'm a big fan of the new M for many reasons (lighter, manual option, wide body work, cf bits, drove great when I drove Lup's car lol) but I feel a black c63 with that engine and improved dynamics would be menacing and classy all at the same time.
Haha, you are just so damn proud of being one of the few men ever to get behind Peter's wheel aren't you?

I can't go AMG route, since no manual, but still it's funny how much feeling is behind this whole conversation every time it pops up.

Though it's clear the dear mod in question has too much time in his hands to get into this on the both sides of the freak world, at least he's not one or the other camp dude. Too many just really want a badge, not performance. Me, looks and manual, so I'm the third camp: too pathetic to go with the new ways in transmissions which makes me even more pathetic option taker.

No English today, I really need coffee. Try to get a picture of the meaning of the post, I sure as hell lost it at some point.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 12:37 PM   #649
JTO24
Got an 8:30 res at Dorsia
JTO24's Avatar
United_States
2290
Rep
4,232
Posts

Drives: 2018 AW M2 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Jersey

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Haha, you are just so damn proud of being one of the few men ever to get behind Peter's wheel aren't you?

I can't go AMG route, since no manual, but still it's funny how much feeling is behind this whole conversation every time it pops up.

Though it's clear the dear mod in question has too much time in his hands to get into this on the both sides of the freak world, at least he's not one or the other camp dude. Too many just really want a badge, not performance. Me, looks and manual, so I'm the third camp: too pathetic to go with the new ways in transmissions which makes me even more pathetic option taker.

No English today, I really need coffee. Try to get a picture of the meaning of the post, I sure as hell lost it at some point.
Of course! I'm sure some of the other enthusiasts (freaks) on here are envious of my feat! Plus as much as the chrome sucks, it's a little hometown pride seeing the BMW of Turnersville sign all the way across the country haha but that's more sad than anything else, really.

But I fall into your camp as well. I love my manuals too much that I don't know if I could be swayed otherwise. I've tried DCT once and it was OK, but I feel I'd grow tired of it within the first few months; hell, I get tired of my manual cars in a short period of time, too! I've had my e92 m3 for what a year and 3 months? That's a long time for me and my eye is already starting to wander! Although, this car is fantastic, IMO.

I think I'll end up with a 6mt F8x.. besides the community is much more... entertaining.
__________________
CURRENT: 2018 F87 M2 6MT | Alpine White | Exec.
GONE: 2016 981 Cayman 6MT | Jet Black | X73 Sport Suspension
2015 F80 M3 DCT | Tanzanite Blue | Gold Brown | OEM+
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black | OEM+
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #650
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10892
Rep
15,285
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
Of course! I'm sure some of the other enthusiasts (freaks) on here are envious of my feat! Plus as much as the chrome sucks, it's a little hometown pride seeing the BMW of Turnersville sign all the way across the country haha but that's more sad than anything else, really.

But I fall into your camp as well. I love my manuals too much that I don't know if I could be swayed otherwise. I've tried DCT once and it was OK, but I feel I'd grow tired of it within the first few months; hell, I get tired of my manual cars in a short period of time, too! I've had my e92 m3 for what a year and 3 months? That's a long time for me and my eye is already starting to wander! Although, this car is fantastic, IMO.

I think I'll end up with a 6mt F8x.. besides the community is much more... entertaining.
Hahah, That holder goes when the temp plate go. I actually realized yesterday, they've expired on me, but hell if I care since new ones have not arrived.

I have very limited time done in the C63, so I can basically comment on the sound only, but it's not for me. I don't do tracks, and I want my fun on the pavement for everyone to see after I'm gone from the lights, so F8x was a good choice.

Visually (my favorite part in cars, and I'm aware I'm a dork) Mercs have improved the most over the last few years. I don't like the new one, but without badges, with a diffuser, with a little plastic surgery to the face, it's doable.

Hell, I'll go far enough than to say that after last night, I'd rather buy one than listen to any more of the torture my friends call music. They did a good job screaming in Peter though, and I wasn't even being much of a bitch behind the wheel.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 01:14 PM   #651
gthal
Major General
gthal's Avatar
Canada
1829
Rep
5,687
Posts

Drives: 2018 340i xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Active Sound is really getting hammered (partially due to a lack of understanding).

It's funny though, on those boards I defend BMW M and the new F80/F82 M3/M4 as vigorously as I would defend the W204/W205 here.

I just happen to love both brands equally.
I love balanced views... I try to take a similar approach (although I am sure I fail a lot more than I should). There are a lot of amazing cars out there... I've been very fortunate to have owned several of them and they are all pretty wonderful.
__________________
2018 340i | Mineral Gray | Current DD | C8 mid-engine Corvette to come next year
2016 M2 | Long Beach Blue | 6MT
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2014 Corvette Stingray | Z51 | Torch Red | 7MT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3 | 1996 E36 M3 (track car)
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #652
JTO24
Got an 8:30 res at Dorsia
JTO24's Avatar
United_States
2290
Rep
4,232
Posts

Drives: 2018 AW M2 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Jersey

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
I love balanced views... I try to take a similar approach (although I am sure I fail a lot more than I should). There are a lot of amazing cars out there... I've been very fortunate to have owned several of them and they are all pretty wonderful.
I value your posts based on your history of cars
__________________
CURRENT: 2018 F87 M2 6MT | Alpine White | Exec.
GONE: 2016 981 Cayman 6MT | Jet Black | X73 Sport Suspension
2015 F80 M3 DCT | Tanzanite Blue | Gold Brown | OEM+
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black | OEM+
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 04:03 PM   #653
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
ybbiz34's Avatar
479
Rep
4,958
Posts

Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict3 View Post
Def lack of understanding since the Active Sound is what 2-3%? I personally love the way the car sounds.

I think I did notice you defending the new M3/M4 a few times, are you that guy with the small picture of a silver c63 sedan?
That was me!

BMW M could have avoided the ribbing by just eliminating/skipping that feature entirely. I've heard the car in person several times and it simply doesn't need any level of electronic trickery, irrespective of how insignificant it ultimately is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
I view mbworld's w205 c63 forum often and saw you defend the M against that dude with the CLA45.. great job!

I'm interested in both cars as well. Seeing that the E63 was quicker around the track in that lightning test just recently posted, I'm curious to see how the C63 stacks up!

I'm a big fan of the new M for many reasons (lighter, manual option, wide body work, cf bits, drove great when I drove Lup's car lol) but I feel a black c63 with that engine and improved dynamics would be menacing and classy all at the same time.
Thank you sir! When it comes to dynamic touring/grand touring cars that can handle both daily driving duties and the occasional track days, you can't go wrong with either BMW M or Mercedes-Benz AMG. Audi RS/Quattro missed the boat by not bringing the previous generation of the RS4 to the States. The IS-F was a noble first effort by Lexus.

After AMG and M, I have been impressed with Cadillac V. The CTS-V is very fun to drive and I'm expecting big things from the ATS-V (although the exterior styling is polarizing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I have very limited time done in the C63, so I can basically comment on the sound only, but it's not for me. I don't do tracks, and I want my fun on the pavement for everyone to see after I'm gone from the lights, so F8x was a good choice.
Doesn't this leave enough evidence of fun behind?



Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
I love balanced views... I try to take a similar approach (although I am sure I fail a lot more than I should). There are a lot of amazing cars out there... I've been very fortunate to have owned several of them and they are all pretty wonderful.
Thanks man! I also thoroughly enjoy your reasonable (and very knowledgeable) perspectives on competing brands' offerings.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
Review of F82 M4: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1008143
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #654
ixse
Major
234
Rep
1,023
Posts

Drives: 2015 boxster s
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

i remember reading at mbworld forum where one guy w cla45 went to test drive m4 and was complaining of how much turbo lag was in the m4. and not a single member in that forum disagreed.. i stopped going to that site since then.. cant believe how close minded people are.. group mentality is a scary thing
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #655
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10892
Rep
15,285
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

@Ybbiz34 that looks like I would have to get a divorce first.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 09:51 PM   #656
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
ybbiz34's Avatar
479
Rep
4,958
Posts

Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixse View Post
i remember reading at mbworld forum where one guy w cla45 went to test drive m4 and was complaining of how much turbo lag was in the m4. and not a single member in that forum disagreed.. i stopped going to that site since then.. cant believe how close minded people are.. group mentality is a scary thing
I disagreed! And quite vehemently. But, keep in mind that group solidarity is common on all forums.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
Review of F82 M4: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1008143
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 07:55 AM   #657
bimmerj
Captain
Canada
139
Rep
796
Posts

Drives: cars
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Saw the C300 yesterday. Looks so much better in person. The inside is probably best in its class. Can't wait for the C63.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Agreed.



IMHO, the letdown here is the quality of the photos. They're terrible.

This is also a test mule that has been beat to crap. Many of the logos are still camouflaged, and there are stickers serving as place-savers for the controls. Plus, because the car is off, you can't see any of the digital features incorporated into the gauges. Nor can you see the HUD.

I think the standard seats will be awesome. While integrated headrests look cool, they can make it awkward to wear a helmet during HPDEs.

Here is another W205 C63 interior spy shot featuring all-black seats and dark wood trim (instead of aluminum):

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 08:46 AM   #658
SOM3
Banned
37
Rep
1,150
Posts

Drives: SO F80
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Euro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict3 View Post
I love my new M4 and I've always preferred the looks and driving dynamics of BMW but I'm really excited to see what mercedes brings with this new C63.
Yes I'm quite excited about the new C63. I love AMG engines and interior will be nice, no question. I only wonder if the exterior will be aggressive enough.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #659
gthal
Major General
gthal's Avatar
Canada
1829
Rep
5,687
Posts

Drives: 2018 340i xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerj View Post
Saw the C300 yesterday. Looks so much better in person. The inside is probably best in its class. Can't wait for the C63.
I bet it will be a great interior

My only issue with the MB interiors now are the round and silver lined vents and all of the silver/chrome/aluminum accents. That is purely subjective but I find it looks too retro. They should at least have the surrounds in black instead of silver.

In any event, I'm excited for the next C63 too In 2 years, I will need to decide on an M4 competition package, M2 and C63
__________________
2018 340i | Mineral Gray | Current DD | C8 mid-engine Corvette to come next year
2016 M2 | Long Beach Blue | 6MT
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2014 Corvette Stingray | Z51 | Torch Red | 7MT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3 | 1996 E36 M3 (track car)
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 10:01 AM   #660
bimmerj
Captain
Canada
139
Rep
796
Posts

Drives: cars
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
I bet it will be a great interior

My only issue with the MB interiors now are the round and silver lined vents and all of the silver/chrome/aluminum accents. That is purely subjective but I find it looks too retro. They should at least have the surrounds in black instead of silver.

In any event, I'm excited for the next C63 too In 2 years, I will need to decide on an M4 competition package, M2 and C63
I kind of like the vents. Speaking of the M2, have you seen the black M2 driving around? I thought they are not out-which make this one a wanna be M2.

Last edited by bimmerj; 09-06-2014 at 10:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
2014 bmw m3, 2014 bmw m3 horsepower, 2014 bmw m3 specs, 2014 bmw m4 horsepower, 2014 bmw m4 specs, 2014 m3, 2014 m3 engine, 2014 m3 forum, 2014 m3 horsepower, 2014 m3 hp, 2014 m3 specs, 2014 m3 weight, 2014 m4 engine, 2014 m4 horsepower, 2014 m4 hp, 2014 m4 specs, 2014 m4 weight, 2015 bmw m3, 2015 bmw m3 specs, 2015 bmw m4, 2015 bmw m4 specs, 2015 m3, 2015 m3 engine, 2015 m3 specs, 2015 m4, 2015 m4 engine, 2015 m4 hp, 2015 m4 specs, 2015 m4 weight, bmw f80, bmw f80 forum, bmw f80 forums, bmw f80 m3, bmw f80 m3 s55, bmw f80 m3 sedan, bmw f82, bmw f82 forum, bmw f82 forums, bmw f82 m3 coupe, bmw f82 m4, bmw f82 m4 coupe, bmw f82 m4 s55, bmw f82 m4 video, bmw f83, bmw f83 m3, bmw f83 m4, bmw m forum, bmw m forums, bmw m3 forum, bmw m3 forums, bmw m3 s55, bmw m3 s55 engine, bmw m4, bmw m4 coupe, bmw m4 coupe forum, bmw m4 forum, bmw m4 forums, bmw m4 horsepower, bmw m4 hp, bmw m4 redline, bmw m4 rev limit, bmw m4 rev limiter, bmw m4 weight, f80 m3, f82 m4

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST