Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

10-09-2019, 04:33 PM   #1
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
BMW M Studio contacts

I was asked by someone in another forum recently, so I thought that I'd post this here as well.

In 2016 we were part of a group Euro Delivery of 14 M cars, 10 M2s, 2 M3s, and 2 M4s. During that delivery, we were all invited to the M Studios in Garching for a Q&A with M2 engineers, and a tour of the Studio and their vehicle collection, along with their "back lot" which always contains lots of interesting vehicles. During our visit, we developed some contacts there.

In July 2018 my wife and I did a Euro Delivery of her M3. Her car is Individual San Marino Blue with Individual Polar Blue contrasting stitching. Naturally, since her car is both an M car and an Individual car, we wanted to visit the M Studio again, so we reached out to the contacts we made in 2016 and were again invited for a personal tour. (Many people don't know that BMW Individual is part of BMW M and that there is an Individual showroom in the M Studio.)

Jörg was our initial contact in 2016 and Fabian conducted the tour this last time. Fabian is now in charge of all customer visits to BMW M. They were happy to see us again and encouraged us to share their contact info. They would love to see more people visit the M Studio.

Since personal contact info at BMW is often removed by the administrators in various forums, if you are planning on visiting Munich and would like to get a tour of the BMW M Studio, please PM me and I will share their contact info with you.

Update, December 2021: Another member reached out for my contact info. He has reported that Jörg is now with AMG and that Fabian is now working elsewhere at BMW, so I no longer have contacts at M Studio.

You might even end up with some cool swag:
Attached Images

Last edited by SD ///M4; 12-21-2021 at 04:49 PM..
Appreciate 2
GERMAN M34176.50
      10-09-2019, 08:48 PM   #2
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
I was asked by someone in another forum recently, so I thought that I'd post this here as well.

In 2016 we were part of a group Euro Delivery of 14 M cars, 10 M2s, 2 M3s, and 2 M4s. During that delivery, we were all invited to the M Studios in Garching for a Q&A with M2 engineers, and a tour of the Studio and their vehicle collection, along with their "back lot" which always contains lots of interesting vehicles. During our visit, we developed some contacts there.

In July 2018 my wife and I did a Euro Delivery of her M3. Her car is Individual San Marino Blue with Individual Polar Blue contrasting stitching. Naturally, since her car is both an M car and an Individual car, we wanted to visit the M Studio again, so we reached out to the contacts we made in 2016 and were again invited for a personal tour. (Many people don't know that BMW Individual is part of BMW M and that there is an Individual showroom in the M Studio.)

Jörg was our initial contact in 2016 and Fabian conducted the tour this last time. Fabian is now in charge of all customer visits to BMW M. They were happy to see us again and encouraged us to share their contact info. They would love to see more people visit the M Studio.

Since personal contact info at BMW is often removed by the administrators in various forums, if you are planning on visiting Munich and would like to get a tour of the BMW M Studio, please PM me and I will share their contact info with you.

You might even end up with some cool swag:
Hey SD.....Thank You for sharing the above info, good to always have some great contacts. PM is on its way.
      10-09-2019, 09:07 PM   #3
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GERMAN M3 View Post
Hey SD.....Thank You for sharing the above info, good to always have some great contacts. PM is on its way.
PM sent. Enjoy your trip!

Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34176.50
      02-13-2020, 04:13 PM   #4
silver99m3
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

M studio tour contacts

SD Thanks for sharing!
I am doing european delivery in April and hoping to visit the M Studio if possible. Was planning to take the 6 year-old for the Munich factory tour, but unfortunately just found out the factory is closed for two weeks during the time we are there. Hopefully we can go to visit M HQ instead!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 04:50 PM   #5
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver99m3 View Post
SD Thanks for sharing!
I am doing european delivery in April and hoping to visit the M Studio if possible. Was planning to take the 6 year-old for the Munich factory tour, but unfortunately just found out the factory is closed for two weeks during the time we are there. Hopefully we can go to visit M HQ instead!
That's too bad! BMW used to have a page that listed all of the days that their plants were closed for holidays and scheduled shutdowns but I can't seem to find one for 2020. They would normally be closed for four days from Good Friday through Easter Monday, which are official Bavarian holidays, but a 2-week shutdown in April is unusual.

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 07:47 PM   #6
silver99m3
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Factory Closing

I think the Welt delivery is closed from Good Friday to Easter Monday, but I think the Munich factory may be closed longer. This is the response I got:

We are sorry to inform you that there are no guided tours through the BMW plant in Munich between the 06th of April 2020 and the 17th of April 2020, because of a vacation closedown. The BMW plant will re-open on the 20th of April 2020.

We were trying to schedule the trip so my son could go just after turning 6 (need to be 6 years old to do the tour). I guess we will have to try another time.

Please send me the contact information for M Studio - hopefully they will be open. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 08:59 PM   #7
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver99m3 View Post
Please send me the contact information for M Studio - hopefully they will be open. Thanks!
PM sent. Enjoy your trip!

Appreciate 0